1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assuming Burks does't return...

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Recruiting Central' started by Buffnik, Mar 30, 2011.

?

What do we need?

1. Jump shooter

8 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Slasher

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Post up Scorer

25 vote(s)
    49.0%
  4. Ball handler / Distributor

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. Banger

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

What type of player do the Buffs need to sign with the last recruit this year?

2. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

I just want the best player we can get regardless of what "type" of player he is. With most players having already signed we dont have the luxary of being picky.

That being said were set at guard and with big men, our most glaring need is for a wing type player.

3. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

I'd like to see an athletic 5 or 4 who can help us inside

4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Alabama exposed us inside with Greene. Dufault put in a herculean effort this year but he is not a center, he is an athletic power forward. Harris-Trunks will help a lot but he is not exactly a classic banger either, better at it than Dufault but still overmatched by the muscle guys. Mills shows flashes of doing things only a true 7-footer can do and could turn into a quality offensive player and shot blocker buy he is and will be a slender guy who is liable to being pushed around. We have some muscular guys coming in the next two classes but all are 6'7"-6'8" guys.

He doesn't have to be a big scorer but I would like to see a true banger, 6'10" 245lbs+ who can hold his ground in the paint against other teams power guys.

5. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

We need inside help. We need to learn how to play defense.

6. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

My vote would be BPA, but of the options, I'd go with banger because we really need some size up front.

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

post up scorer. We have a banger (a bit light, but he is a banger) down low in roberson. Just look at his production. What we have really been missing is a post up scorer. Tunks, from everything I have seen and heard, is another banger. Cain, another banger. And short too. We need a post up scorer to free up our guards and let Boyle's offense flow. We have a stopgap wing in carlon brown, and Adams (JC guy) is another wing. So get us that post up!

8. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Shooter. We need a big guy, but hopefully mills will eat his hamburgers and that inured guy will be good. We'll be losing levi and higgins and we need someone to be a sharpshooter on the outside. I'm hoping sharp can play a little more under control and become a better passer and finisher to go with his slashing ability.

Next year could be rough.

9. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

all we need is a post up scorer. I really think that Nate can slide into Levi's role next season and be our outside sharp-shooter, but we still don't have a guy like Green(from Alabama last night) who can score in the paint.

10. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I don't think Mills frame can handle more than 20 - 30 additional pounds. It may be a challenge putting that on.

11. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

SHT is about 6'11" 250, if he comes back well from the injury he might be your guy there. With brown and Sharpe I think we'll be ok in the slasher dept. Some one to really spread the floor would be nice.

12. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I know its stating the obvious but assuming the returning guys and brown start this will be a very different look team.

Tomlinson at 6-3 at the point
    Brown at 6-5 at the 2
    Dre at 6-7 at the 3
    Dufault at 6-9 at the 4
    SHT at 6-11 at the 5

that line up is a good clip taller, slower, and capable of being more physical than what we came to know this year.

13. tante

I like Dre more at the 3 than the 4, but in Boyle's offense we don't really have a true 4 anyway. I can see him playing Relly's role in the offense next season.

14. torerobuff

torerobuff Dancing is forbidden Club Member

A Post up scorer would be nice, but there aren't very many of those guys around. In my opinion, probably the most difficult type of recruit to find. I voted for a shooter.

15. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Next year we will have 5 guys on the team who are 6'3 or under. The two people who voted that we needed another ball handler should be shot.

16. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

I was under the impression that our JUCO guy would likely move into the 3, move Dre to the 4, and Dufault would be coming off the bench

17. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

you would make the junta look merciful if you became dictator.

18. tante

I think you miss understand the poll. It is what do we need?

19. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

I agree completely. Roberson is not a real 3...he's a tweener b/n 3/4, and I'd like for him to add some mass and become a 4. Adams should be our three next season.

20. Buffnik

Probably Brown 3 and Adams 2 since Adams is more of a jump shooter. Positions are pretty interchangeable in this offense, though.

21. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

I think our top target should be Dylan Talley. He would give us some instant scoring ability which will be needed if Burks leaves and already having two years of collegiate experience he should have more of an immediate impact then a freshman would.

22. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

23. Buffnik