What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ASU at CU Game Day Thread (Senior Day)

I think that all but locks up a bid (although I wouldn't recommend losing to Wazzu if we face them). 21-9 and a winning Pac record. We've got a great shot as a 5 seed now for Vegas.

RPI holding at 28. That's a very solid number. We're in excellent shape.

Fortune and Wes are coming on at the right time. Let's try to get a couple more wins score Selectiom Sunday and get the best seed possible. This team is capable of doing more than one and done. We can absolutely win a game as a 6-7-8-9-10-11 and see what happens

16-1 at home. That's one hell of a starting point. The next step is to find a way to 4 or so Pac road wins. We aren't far away, but we've got to finish games like USC and OSU.

Brett Brady contributed to this team more than he will ever get credit for.

He provided quality competition in practice and a great attitude without benefit of a scholly to pay for it.

He may not be a P5 level player but he could have been a star at the D2 level and maybe even at the lower D1 level.

Glad he decided to be a Buff.

Guards fell off a bit from AZ game (J Fortune played great, others meh), defense intensity dropped, but they did feel some heat and finish pretty solid.

Happy to move on to Salt Lake without a ton of pressure in tow.

Hoping in the Pac tourney we have that team that played AZ, which could beat any team in conference.

Not a bad day. Great season Josh, and Buffs to this point.

RPI holding at 28. That's a very solid number. We're in excellent shape.

Fortune and Wes are coming on at the right time. Let's try to get a couple more wins score Selectiom Sunday and get the best seed possible. This team is capable of doing more than one and done. We can absolutely win a game as a 6-7-8-9-10-11 and see what happens
According to Nick Kosmider in the Denver Post, CSU was RPI 29 last year with 27 wins and were left out. Our KenPom is 63rd, Sagrin is 54th, and BPI 52nd. CSU was 68, 57 & 57. According to Kosmider, the NCAA values those over RPI. The only reason I worry goes back to the screw job the NCAA put on us a few years ago. I don't trust the bastards.

According to Nick Kosmider in the Denver Post, CSU was RPI 29 last year with 27 wins and were left out. Our KenPom is 63rd, Sagrin is 54th, and BPI 52nd. CSU was 68, 57 & 57. According to Kosmider, the NCAA values those over RPI. The only reason I worry goes back to the screw job the NCAA put on us a few years ago. I don't trust the bastards.

I'm scarred by that too, but our RPI was 65 or 66 that year and we had bad losses which we do not have. No power conference side with an RPI above 40 has ever been left out in this format. Knowing us, we'd be the first to get snubbed, but CSU being a mid-major in a weak MWC is a big difference.

CSU got left out because their conference is garbage. A team from a P6 (including the old big east) has never been left out of the tournament with an RPI better than 40. CU is looking to be in great shape.

CSU got left out because their conference is garbage. A team from a P6 (including the old big east) has never been left out of the tournament with an RPI better than 40. CU is looking to be in great shape.
Yeah. I'm aware of that. I just suffer from Post Traumatic Snub Disorder. The article said we should be safely in if we win today. Which we did.

Point taken ... but I still dread the possibility of the ****ing NCAA selection committee pulling another "2011" on us in favor of eastern schools.

And if you don't think there is an "east coast bias" ... then explain why the Dux, leading arguably the strongest conference from top to bottom, is getting so little national respect ... # 13 in both polls, and the Pac 12 has only 3 teams in the Top 25? (this query is not at all directed to you S2S ... just to those who discount the ECB).

Since when did the tourney committee start using the bpi, the media driven Frankenstein failure of the espin blathering monkeys?

I don't think the committee uses the BPI as one of their official barometers when evaluating teams but they undoubtedly watch alot of ESPN and the BPI numbers are bound to get ingrained into their subconscious. So it's a factor to some extent, even if they say it's not being used in an official capactiy.

Playing for a seed now. Two wins in Vegas maybe gets us an 8?

Man, I don't want an 8/9. Gotta go through one of the top seeds to get to the second weekend? No thanks. Given how we've struggled in our opening round games against the likes of Illinois and Pittsburgh I'm probably putting the cart way ahead of the horse too.

Man, I don't want an 8/9. Gotta go through one of the top seeds to get to the second weekend? No thanks. Given how we've struggled in our opening round games against the likes of Illinois and Pittsburgh I'm probably putting the cart way ahead of the horse too.

Given how the 1's have looked this year. The 8 or 9 isn't exactly the death wish it typically is. Not a great draw, but not an auto loss either.

Point taken ... but I still dread the possibility of the ****ing NCAA selection committee pulling another "2011" on us in favor of eastern schools.

And if you don't think there is an "east coast bias" ... then explain why the Dux, leading arguably the strongest conference from top to bottom, is getting so little national respect ... # 13 in both polls, and the Pac 12 has only 3 teams in the Top 25? (this query is not at all directed to you S2S ... just to those who discount the ECB).
So we were 19-12 (8-8) with some nice wins (KSU x2, Mizzou, Texas), but only 2 wins away from Coors. One of those two was UNC Bakersfield. It probably didn't help that we were a new name on the tourney scene, too. RPI was 66. SOS was 70. The selection committee loves to teach schools like that a lesson. Even so, that was considered a big deal by many that we were snubbed.

I think that's much different than 22-9 (11-7) or 22-10 (10-8) with some nice wins (Arizona, Oregon) and 5 wins away from Coors. RPI is in the 20s/30s. SOS in the 20s.

CSU's SOS last year was 111. Our's is 28 last I checked. Big difference.

CSU was snubbed last year because Wyoming got hot at the right time and won the MWC conference tournament. The 'Pokes were barely an NIT team before that happened. The Rams would have been in otherwise. If we go out in the first round in Vegas, and a team from the bottom 3rd in the conference wins the tourney, then we should be worried. If we manage to get a win in the SLC, then the Dance ticket is punched regardless.

CSU was snubbed last year because Wyoming got hot at the right time and won the MWC conference tournament.

Small quibble, pokes got healthy at the right time. And then I paid for my entire trip to the pac 12 tournament last year by riding them at the sports book. (y)

So we were 19-12 (8-8) with some nice wins (KSU x2 x3, Mizzou, Texas), but only 2 wins away from Coors. One of those two was UNC Bakersfield. It probably didn't help that we were a new name on the tourney scene, too. RPI was 66. SOS was 70. The selection committee loves to teach schools like that a lesson. Even so, that was considered a big deal by many that we were snubbed.

I think that's much different than 22-9 (11-7) or 22-10 (10-8) with some nice wins (Arizona, Oregon) and 5 wins away from Coors. RPI is in the 20s/30s. SOS in the 20s.

fify ... we beat the Kitties 3 times that year: home, away, and in the Big 12 Tourney. And yet still their point guard (Beasley?) insisted they were the better team. IIRC, his coach (Frank Martin) disagreed.

But otherwise a good post. (y)

Small quibble, pokes got healthy at the right time. And then I paid for my entire trip to the pac 12 tournament last year by riding them at the sports book. (y)

Either way they were going nowhere until they won the MWC title.

And congrats on getting your trip paid for!

CSU plays in the Mountain West. MWC was not very good last year. When a mediocre Wyoming won it, they took CSU's spot in the Dance because the committee was not going to make it a 4 bid league. Is that fair? Probably not. But considering that Wyoming beat CSU both times they played, it wasn't such a big deal to make that trade of the 2 teams. And CSU kind of proved the committee right by losing in the 1st round of the NIT.

In the post-game show on the radio, Mark Johnson summed it up--"this is the golden age of CU basketball." Per Tad's post-game interview, this is only the third time that CU has ever won 21 games in the regular season, and they have never won 22.

In the post-game show on the radio, Mark Johnson summed it up--"this is the golden age of CU basketball." Per Tad's post-game interview, this is only the third time that CU has ever won 21 games in the regular season, and they have never won 22.

The disrespect shown for the mid-century teams of the 1900s really frosts my cock.

Back