What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ASU Fans Were Ass Wipes

You expect vastly superior teams to treat you nice? No thanks. No one wants you in this conference and you can't beat anyone in this conference.
Well not at football. You're my new favorite troll. Wasn't so long ago that you guys couldn't beat anyone in this conference. Oh wait, you actually couldn't beat anyone, at all. Remember? I do. If you don't want us in the PAC 12, that's enough for me, glad to be here. Also, since our team in it's current condition is the only kind of team you can beat, you should be extremely happy to have those meaningless wins. We know what happens when UW plays a "vastly superior" team. They lose too. Badly. Stick around.

As I was sitting at whateverthe****@MileHigh watching Detroit pown the Broncos, I decided we think all these fan bases suck because our team sucks. It doesn't matter whose stadium you're sitting in, if your team is winning you're going to make noise and the other guys are going to be quiet.

If it's a close game (Cal and WSU), both us and the visitors have moments where they can talk ****, but it's a good close game, so both fan bases have to actually pay attention to the game.

Recently, when the opposition scores 8 times in the first half, those fans are going to make noise and have **** to say and we have nothing to come back with. Nobody really has to watch the game anymore, so we result in people watching. You'll notice those poor CU saps shaking their heads in silent misery. Give them ****! That makes the other fans seem douchy (and perhaps they are a little bit). But we're in a more bitter state of mind because our team is getting punked.

I was pretty pissed watching douchnozzle male sweaty hairy Detroit fans dance around topless to Cotton Eyed Joe in the 4th quarter of a near empty stadium, while the hot girls dancing next to him still had her shirt on, that's when I devised this theory. What do you think?

:iagree:

You expect vastly superior teams to treat you nice? No thanks. No one wants you in this conference and you can't beat anyone in this conference.

Funny. Was just reading the other day that UW has ZERO verbal basketball commits for this cycle. Isn't that how many wins you had in football a couple years ago too? And we don't expect the other teams in this conference to be nice to us, like us or root for us, but I think its fair to say we don't like it when people act like asshats, even when those people are CU fans.

My experience with the ASU fans was generally fine. A little sympathetic, which I hate, but can't really blame them for that. Only time anyone really tried to talk any ****, I just very quietly asked them how many mNC's and Heisman trophy's they had won - you know, just out of idle curiosity.

Edit to add:
Also, did anyone else notice that ASU has apparently gone to the "Salad Bowl" twice? I couldn't help but laugh a little every time I noticed the sign. Who the hell names a bowl game the "Salad Bowl?"

Last edited:
I think we just need someone to love us. We are like the guy who just found out his wife is screwing around behind his back and are sitting at the bar hoping the chick next to us will invite us home even though she's uglier than a stick fence.

I was at the game with my brother. Didn't really get too much interaction from Scum Devil fans on the way to stadium. We sat right below the CU Band. But not surprising with what you experience. Their is a majority of fans of ASU that once they get a little success or have over inflated expectations seem to act like they are the greatest team in the nation and with 5 national titles. Then once they lose they are full of non legit excuses. Been like that every since i been here since 94. You should have seen the one year they somehow beat Nebraska you would have thought it counted as 10 victories.

Considering your literacy and logic errors, I was set to ignore your post until you made obvious factual errors. The "one year they somehow beat Nebraska" that you are probably thinking of was the 19-0 drubbing in 1996 (NU put 70 on them the next year). But they also beat the nubs in the Fiesta Bowl 17-14 back in 1975. They had some very good teams under Frank Kush, and later (1987) beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl. Since you're probably a lot younger than me, I guess my experience is a lot different from yours - I haven't really seen the over-hyped ASU fan. The one rude fan I saw (after the game) waited until he passed me to turn and yell "have a nice trip home" to my back. Nice, but isolated and pretty meek.

BTW, I'm not a big Sun Devil fan (the only games I've gone to here are CU games), but you obviously needed some education, so there you go.

I think we just need someone to love us. We are like the guy who just found out his wife is screwing around behind his back and are sitting at the bar hoping the chick next to us will invite us home even though she's uglier than a stick fence.

Sorry dude. Good luck.

My experience with the ASU fans was generally fine. A little sympathetic, which I hate, but can't really blame them for that. Only time anyone really tried to talk any ****, I just very quietly asked them how many mNC's and Heisman trophy's they had won - you know, just out of idle curiosity.

Edit to add:
Also, did anyone else notice that ASU has apparently gone to the "Salad Bowl" twice? I couldn't help but laugh a little every time I noticed the sign. Who the hell names a bowl game the "Salad Bowl?"

I saw that too .... 1951 & 52 I believe
also had to laugh when they went to the Fiesta Bowl year after year in the 1970's when the fiesta was
considered weak sauce.

weird Washington had nice fans in person, but some of the biggest douchebags on the internet, but what else would I expect for a team that pulled an Owen a few years ago.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by UDub

Pretty polite, aren't you. You're mom likes the dom role, so she's quite the bitch. weird.

I saw that too .... 1951 & 52 I believe
also had to laugh when they went to the Fiesta Bowl year after year in the 1970's when the fiesta was
considered weak sauce.

We were joking that they should have combined with the sign next to it (Garden State Bowl) and created the Garden Salad Bowl.

Went to the game and had no problems at all with the ASU fans. You thought listening the the CSU cannon go off after they score was bad. Try the six cluster fireworks that explode above your head after every score. It was cute the first time but after the six time it got very annoying.

It could have been worse. I could have stayed home and picked up tree branches. Instead it was 85 degrees and the golf was great.

i didn't have a bad experience in tempe...took the light rail in to the game with some friends. actually met one of the owner's of colorado national golf club on the train. she and her husband live in scottsdale now...

went to a couple bars on mill avenue pre-game and several asu fans actually bought me some shots.

of course, one of them was a questionable shot that was pink and tasted like watermelon....

:rollseyes:

maybe i was lucky...or maybe it depends on where you go...or how you act when you are at an away game setting.

I had a pretty good experience with the ASU fans just as Tempe and Bbads said. They were mostly nice, some stupid, and at least some of the ones that were asses were funny in the process. Ive been really lazy in posting the pics from the trip but ill work on it soon.

Back