What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ASU to hire....

When Jones was at SMU did he continue to recruit a bunch of Poly kids? I know he still recruited from Cali. But it seems to me that he has the ability to cast a pretty wide net (recruiting wise) with his contacts now in Texas as well as California and with the Poly kids.

The odd thing is that during Chip Kellys tenure not one school has ever contacted him to get permission to talk with the assistants. Helfrich does not even call the plays yet as Oregon OC and will not until after this year. My guess is the Oregon assistant who will leave first for another job is Scott Frost. A young up and coming coach who will make a great OC or HC for some lucky school.

In before 96 brings a "**** you"

I figured that name would not be popular around here lol. If it makes you feel any better about him he did give a middle finger to Nebraska. They offered him 2 times as much as he was making at Oregon for the same position at Nebraska with a very fast move to OC and he stated he did not want to move backwards.

CD - you should know us well enough by now that you can't bring a Fusker's name up like that without repercussions.

I'm scared of June Jones. Good hire for ASU.

I am not looking forward to facing June on the field, or competing against him for recruits.

I AM PISSED AS HELL THAT ASU STOLE HIM FROM SMU!!!!!! GOD MOTHER ****ING DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASU reality check.

Mostly, the anger is palpable because ASU fans expect the unrealistic. Old-timers resist new logos and pine for the good old days under Frank Kush, forgetful that it was a different time and a different country back then. The younger generation is impatient and half-vested. A school official sagely says ASU leads the nation in fans who scream their dissatisfaction from the couch.

From azcentral.com

Seach criteria from CactusRanch:

The next coach needs to be in his 40s, shown he can recruit staff that can win, recruit a recruiter that brings him players he can close the deal with, shown he can engage the players during games to inspire and lead them, shown he can direct his staff to make adjustments and develop game plans that are executed and result in wins, shown he is committed to his players being academically solid and graduating, shown he can advance those who are capable of playing in the NFL along to realizing their dreams, can develop talent to be Heisman winners,who can rally the fans and boosters and create energy that fills SDS, and can bring home conference championships and take us to the BCS championship and win, and can raise money for the program that will, among other things, increase his salary and that of his staff to reward his success.

June Jones would be a terrible hire for ASU. They'd be better off keeping Erickson if they were going to hire that clown.

I'm disappointed ASU didn't hire him. He would have flopped worse than Erickson there.

June Jones would be a terrible hire for ASU. They'd be better off keeping Erickson if they were going to hire that clown.

Based on what exactly, they fact he won and recruited well at Hawaii, or that hes starting to do the same already at SMU which has sucked since the pony excess days?

I'm disappointed ASU didn't hire him. He would have flopped worse than Erickson there.

As an SMU and CU fan, I am happy Jones is staying in Dallas.

Based on what exactly, they fact he won and recruited well at Hawaii, or that hes starting to do the same already at SMU which has sucked since the pony excess days?

Repost from other thread:

death penalty was 25 years ago. SMU has hired and fired a bunch of incompetent coaches which is why they didn't win anything. June isn't incompetent but he is just mediocre.

In 2005 SMU had 5 wins and in 2006 they had 6 wins before they won 1 game each in the next 2 years. Its not like the program was winning one game a year since the death penalty.

And you talk about June being such an offensive guru. Okay let's look at his scoring offenses at SMU

2011: 25.7
2010: 25.7
2009: 29.2
2008: 21.3

Now let's look at the offense 4 years before he was there
2007: 28.3
2006: 27.1
2005: 20.8
2004: 19.7

Yeah what an offensive genius :lol:

Its amazing how many refuse to look at the facts and just base stuff on the media or reputation. The 71st scoring offense in the country isn't a good wide open offense and he's been there four years which is plenty of time to get your players in there to run the chuck and duck offense that he runs.

You wanna compare Mike Leach's (who was hilariously criticized as a bad hire on these boards this week) offensive stats to what June JOnes has done at SMU? (trust me its not even close). Both known to be offensive gurus in the media (well one is)

After seeing the awfulness of the Hawk regime I'd hope people around here wouldn't be fooled by reputations created by the media. June Jones being a good coach is a myth. Can't do a damn thing at a silly ass conference like Conf USA other than win 7 games. Gimme a break people.

You wanna compare Mike Leach's (who was hilariously criticized as a bad hire on these boards this week) offensive stats to what June JOnes has done at SMU? (trust me its not even close). Both known to be offensive gurus in the media (well one is)

June Jones being a good coach is a myth.

Gotta go with Jimmy's conclusion on this one. But June June's being overrated doesn't make Mike Leach any better.

P.S. Relax a bit, JB. It is ok if not everyone agrees with you.

Gotta go with Jimmy's conclusion on this one. But June June's being overrated doesn't make Mike Leach any better.

P.S. Relax a bit, JB. It is ok if not everyone agrees with you.

True. Point taken.

And I am relaxed. I haven't criticized Greg Brown since the UCLA game so I have to get my blood boiling on something. :lol:

Is this new info? I heard the same info at 5:00...

I don't really know how "new" it is ... we had a meeting with a lawyer, kids to pick up at youth group and gymnastics, etc etc. Didn't see the tv set until after 8:00 pm central tonight.

What I didn't see was a post in this thread about aswho, JJ, and an offer being rescinded. Thot it was an interesting turn of events.

Back