What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

At least CSU won't be running the double eagle bear. 4-1-6 in 3rd and longs

Sounds gimmicky for a regular defense. I guess is makes sense on 3rd and very long, but maybe offenses can just use TE or 2 to gain a few yards on the pass, then enough yards after the catch to get the 1st.

Did they not watch Hawk and his gimmicks to learn gimmicks are just that, gimmicks. Good for them, I can't wait until we run a draw play on 3rd and 8 and pick up a first down on them.

In other words, they have one DT and one LB that they think are worth a ****.

Umm... Morons, this is a dime package. Way to catch up to 40 years ago csu :lol:

Why would you run anything BUT a 4-1-6 on 3rd and long? Were they trying to cover a 4 WR offense with linebackers? I think Larry Kerr is ready for some warm ovaltine and a nap.

Next big idea from Larry Kerr: extra linemen on third and short!

Way to go, CSU - publish your 3rd down defensive strategy for this year to the world! ****tards.

C.J. James, who slides into DT for the Rams' "Bandit" defense is about 6'3" and 250lbs. That's Juda Parker's size. Sisson, the only LB on the field, goes 5'11" and 210 lbs. Nordly Capi, the DE they're bringing in, is another 6'3" 250 lb guy. The other DE, Broderick Sargent, goes 6'2" and 235 lbs.

Here's the personnel for this defense (base defense player replaced in parentheses):

DE Nordly Capi 6'3" 250 lbs
DE Broderick Sargent 6'2" 235 lbs
DT Nuku Latu 6'2" 300 lbs
DT C.J. James 6'3" 250 lbs (John Froland 6'5" 260 lbs)
LB Mychal Sisson 5'11" 210 lbs
CB Shaq Bell 5'11" 185 lbs (LB Mike Orakpo 6'1" 215 lbs)
CB Marcus Shaw 5'8" 175 lbs (LB James Skelton 6'2" 225 lbs)
CB Momo Thomas 5'9" 185 lbs
CB Elijah-Blu Smith 5'11" 195 lbs
FS Austin Gray 6'3" 210 lbs
SS Ivory Herd 5'11" 200 lbs

Even in their base set, it's a very young defense. Latu, Sisson, Smith and Herd are the only seniors. Likewise on offense, it looks like they'll only start 3 seniors: RB Raymond Carter, OG Jake Gdowski, OT Paul Madsen. This team looks like a bigger threat in 2012 than in 2011. They won't have any true DTs, though, as no one on the depth chart besides Latu is even 265 lbs. For comparison, we've got 2 DEs in Kasa and Nembot who are much bigger than any of their DTs.

Capi is fast and strong and plays with a great motor. He is undersized for DE but he will make an impact.

This is subterfuge! CSU's planted this article and is going to catch CU off-guard by running a 10-0-1.

manbearpig.jpg

I assume this is somewhat different than a traditional dime package... no?

Only from the standpoint of playing a 250lb DE at DT. Otherwise, it's just a Dime.
No, no NO. It is a BANDIT formation. Very different. :lol:.

Actually, putting in the DE at DT basically means they are desperate to get a pass rush like Nik is desperate to beat a woman.

No, no NO. It is a BANDIT formation. Very different. :lol:.

Actually, putting in the DE at DT basically means they are desperate to get a pass rush like Nik is desperate to beat a woman.

Woman or ole-singing drunk, same difference. :lol:

Only from the standpoint of playing a 250lb DE at DT. Otherwise, it's just a Dime.

I realize only now that i've been misreading the thread title. I thought the 4 - 1 - 6 WAS the Double Eagle Bear. Duh

Back