1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At Least Mack Brown Remembers that We Were Once Good

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Idot Buff, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_14950312

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

TX scrambling?

3. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

*cough*bull sh!t*cough*

Mack Brown is 3 parts coach and 4 parts politician.

4. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

I would say the ratio is closer to 1 part coach, and 10 parts politician....but, ****ing effective.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

if he wants a strong big 12, he should kick in some $$ to buy out the Hawk.

6. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Mack's just enjoying his view from the throne, that's it. you can throw baubles around when you are the king of the biggest kingdom.

Mack got to UT in 98. In 97 we won 5 games.

7. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

this is one of the oldest coaching tricks in the book. if you've got inferior coaches in place at other schools in your league, you talk them up. "oh, they are very close." "oh, he's a great student of the game and mentor." "i know they'll get it turned around right away." and then after you crush them, again: "oh, it was closer than it looked." "oh, boy, that team is young and talented. they are going to be a handful soon."

i used to laugh my ass off when Mac said this **** about woody widenhofer and the other totally outclassed coaches in the b8 back in the day.

now, we are the dog **** team with the inept staff that everyone pretends to fear, right before they drop "half a hundred" on our sorry asses.

8. Mick Ronson

that's funny. I remember those days. Woody Widenhofer....lol. i think he's an AD somewhere....or maybe that's Bob Stull. One of my college buddies and I tried to list all the KU coaches we could remember going backwards after a night out turned into football memories and pints at the now defunct Dolan's (they had Anchor Steam on tap, yo).....we were kinda drunk but we weren't even close after we checked Wiki. good times, though.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  9. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Speaking of Anchor Steam, it was bought out by the people behind Skyy Vodka yesterday.

http://www.inc.com/news/articles/2010/04/anchor-brewery-acquired-by-griffin.html

10. Mick Ronson

that's interesting. i don't know their ownership history (and since you are in SF, you know better than me)....but that's an old school micro that surely would have had other ops to sell. great on tap. Bottles in Boulder (newish liquorstore) used to have it for 7.49 a six instead of the regular/standard 9.99 etc.

11. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Mac and Woody Widenhofer had been college teammates and roommates at Missouri and later coached at the same HS. They were close personal friends so Mac was sincere when he complimented Woody - he really wanted him to succeed.