What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

At what point does Bohn go down with the ship?

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
Regardless of where you think the problem lies in this entire debacle - at some point Bohn is going to have to get tied up and brought down with it all. At what point does the embarrassment get so bad that Phil and Bruce cut him loose? Is it going to take an empty stadium for that to happen?

One would hope losing 140-0 to Fresno after losses to CSU and Sacramento State would be enough to sink Bohn

I think he is safe longer than some ABers want to believe. He helped get the BB team on the right track, has some other teams doing well, and was involved in the shift to Pac 12. It has been discussed many times that it is quite probable that Bohn wasn't the only one pulling the trigger on Embree either.

Embree on the other hand, no matter how much I like him as a person-I hope he doesn't even make it out of this season.

I think he is safe longer than some ABers want to believe. He helped get the BB team on the right track, has some other teams doing well, and was involved in the shift to Pac 12. It has been discussed many times that it is quite probable that Bohn wasn't the only one pulling the trigger on Embree either.

Embree on the other hand, no matter how much I like him as a person-I hope he doesn't even make it out of this season.

I get and agree with all that. I'm not here to argue if it is Benson's fault, or Phils', or Embree, or Bohn's.

I just mean perceptually - at some point it has to get bad enough that someone pulls the trigger here.

Is Bohn untouchable?

Fire Barnett? Check.
Hire Hawk? Check.
Hire Embree? Check.
Still largely suck ass and irrelevant at the vast majority of other sports? Check.

Bohn is finished with me for the duration of his career. I have no problem telling him that to his face.

Will Embree resign if this keeps up for several more games?

Or the question may be: Will Bohn have the guts to let Embree go and hire an interim coach for the rest of the season?

Rumor has it boosters/Mac/AZ/Klatt led on this hire. And Bohn smartly let them lead it and hang themselves. Which maybe he should be fired for. The position is a political one.. Anyway, he'll either be fired or hell have complete discretion on the next hire.

Rumor has it boosters/Mac/AZ/Klatt led on this hire. And Bohn smartly let them lead it and hang themselves. Which maybe he should be fired for. The position is a political one.. Anyway, he'll either be fired or hell have complete discretion on the next hire.
I know some of this has been hashed around in other threads, but if that's true. He should absolutely be canned. The man has no balls and is not close to being a leader.

I know some of this has been hashed around in other threads, but if that's true. He should absolutely be canned. The man has no balls and is not close to being a leader.

Well, at some point, the guy who writes the check gets the final say, so it's hard to blame Bohn for this one. I agree with others that he isn't exactly a visionary, but so long as the staff goes, I don't particularly care one way or another if Bohn is fired.

Bohn shouldve been fired after extending hackins a year, even though it wasnt his doing. he erred in so many other ways.

Bohn shouldve been fired after extending hackins a year, even though it wasnt his doing. he erred in so many other ways.

Here's my question though: if the current AD doesn't have the ability to make some of those decisions, why would it be any different with a new one? They aren't going to fire Bohn, then suddenly give the next AD free reign.

Well, at some point, the guy who writes the check gets the final say, so it's hard to blame Bohn for this one. I agree with others that he isn't exactly a visionary, but so long as the staff goes, I don't particularly care one way or another if Bohn is fired.
My issue is that Bohn is the AD. Which in my naive mind means that he makes the decision on who the various HCs will be (at least he makes his choice and presents it to the regents for approval -- but that should just be a rubber stamp deal). And to not make the decision for the sport that virtually pays for all athletics and let boosters make it for you is pure idiocy. IF that was the case, the ****ing boosters better be ponying up some huge cash. And even then, Bohn needs to go.

How can you not care? How many ADs at a major conference get to make THREE football hires?

Here's my question though: if the current AD doesn't have the ability to make some of those decisions, why would it be any different with a new one? They aren't going to fire Bohn, then suddenly give the next AD free reign.

Yup. That's kind of the feeling around here in other threads that have been critical of Bohn.

That's a fear, but at this point, I'd be more than willing to roll the dice on a new AD

I think we all know that the poison in this AD starts at Benson and moves down through Phil - but as I said earlier, at some point even they will have to cut their losses with Bohn.

My guess is that it doesn't happen until Folsom starts looking pretty empty on gameday

I think we all know that the poison in this AD starts at Benson and moves down through Phil - but as I said earlier, at some point even they will have to cut their losses with Bohn.

My guess is that it doesn't happen until Folsom starts looking pretty empty on gameday

But we have a great academic institution with a clean image.

How can you not care? How many ADs at a major conference get to make THREE football hires?

Honestly, I just don't think the administration will let any AD actually run the show. Bohn's a puppet, and his replacement will be too. Until Benson's out, I don't see that changing. So, firing Bohn would be largely ceremonial at this point, IMO. Not that I'd complain, but the real issue is well above him.

Even more of a reason to fire him. Bring in a AD who the admin will respect. I think its possible. No?

Wait... So you expect the AD who is submissive to the CU brass to be fired, and then the CU brass is going to hire someone who will actually stand up to them?? Why on earth would this happen?

Pretty empty of Buff fans at least

Ugh. That's the worst part. Sickens me to think of opposing fans owning our beloved Folsom, now matter how necessary it may be for fans to stay away in order to get the point made to Benson and DiStefano. At least we're out of the Big12 where fans actually travel in force.

Even more of a reason to fire him. Bring in a AD who the admin will respect. I think its possible. No?

The fans dont hire the AD. The admin does. You think they want someone that they cant control? Bohn will be the fall guy, but he needs to take his bosses with him.

The fans dont hire the AD. The admin does. You think they want someone that they cant control? Bohn will be the fall guy, but he needs to take his bosses with him.

I know, i know. You're right. Its scary to think phil d will be hiring the new ad.

I hear benson is leaving soon. I haven't heard anything about little philly.

Sigh.

People need to contact their Regents. It is time to put pressure on officials that rely on our votes to act.

Back