What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

At what point does Bohn go down with the ship?

I realize that if Bohn is fired, then DiStephano and Benson will be in charge of finding a replacement.

I don't think they'll care enough or spend enough to hire someone like a Bellotti.

Honestly, I don't see Bohn going anywhere, especially if he wasn't directly responsible for hiring Embree. Other programs are on the upswing and he is intimately involved in getting new facilities finalized, which, hopefully, is happening soon. I don't see anything happening with him until facilities decisions are finalized. Speculation on his fortitude for allowing an additional year of Hawkins and his lack of involvement in the Embree hiring is merited, but I don't see the current administration canning him at this point.

I realize that if Bohn is fired, then DiStephano and Benson will be in charge of finding a replacement.

I don't think they'll care enough or spend enough to hire someone like a Bellotti.

Benson looks pretty much how I picture Montgomery Burns would look if he were real and not a cartoon.

Benson looks pretty much how I picture Montgomery Burns would look if he were real and not a cartoon.

Sad but true. I talked with him last year before the UCLA game and was mildly worried he would keel over mid-sentence.

In the real world, the management is ultimately responsible. Benson should be fired along with Di whatever his name is. Bohn would have to go too. Regardless of the state of their other responsibilities, this football program is in such a disgraceful shameful state that they should be terminated for cause for their absolute failure to lead and manage performance over the last 7-8 years.

...if the current AD doesn't have the ability to make some of those decisions, why would it be any different with a new one?
And give him a cut-rate salary commensurate with his lack of usefulness? $22,000-a-year? $12,000? $1.35 an hour, 20 hours a week, and he can keep the tips? OK OK... $1.05 an hour. We'll give him 10-cent raises over the next five years.

In the real world, the management is ultimately responsible. Benson should be fired along with Di whatever his name is. Bohn would have to go too. Regardless of the state of their other responsibilities, this football program is in such a disgraceful shameful state that they should be terminated for cause for their absolute failure to lead and manage performance over the last 7-8 years.
Hey, you asshole, where you been?

Listen, no one will fire BenDiStef. Sports is only a tenth of their job responsibility. Who's responsibility is 100% sports? Mike "smarmyassed" Bohn. This is 110% on him. He HAS to go. Period. Look, the top, BenDiStef must separate themselves from this train wreck. Mike is way over his head now that we are in a big time conference with tons of money. BenDiStef can seperate itself from this only by throwing Bohnhead under the bus. A new AD can clean house and BenDiStef will be no worse for it.

Of course, if an AD's bosses have no clue about what his job is or could be, then that lack of intelligence should be a signal as well. The sports programs are the AD's job - but so is marketing, TV deals, conference deals, etc. Look at Bohn's leadership in getting CU's TV Network deal completed, and how much additional radio coverage he's delivered.

Oops... uh... never mind.

Action must be taken at some level. A message must sent that CU is serious about football. This is what should be done, but I expect CU to do nothing. This program is dead and it will take serious commitment from CU to resurrect it. I'm not holding my breath.

Even more of a reason to fire him. Bring in a AD who the admin will respect. I think its possible. No?

It isnt possible, think about it in terms of business does a meddling CEO stop just because they hire a great VP of sales?

Benson is 74 years old.
DiStephano has over 38 years service in Boulder.

How much gas in the tank do either men have?

Benson is 74 years old.
DiStephano has over 38 years service in Boulder.

How much gas in the tank do either men have?

Based on what two friends who worked with or know destuffypuss say, there's a good chance he'll be involved in academics at CU Boulder until the day he dies. Since people with power typically don't give it up for less, unless the university system president (currently Benson) or the regents want to get rid of him, we're probably stuck with him.

I know that didn't answer your question, it just supports the idea that we'll probably be stuck with destuffyno until his tank does run dry.

Guess we need to get the Regents to give a flying **** about football, since it appears we have wholesale indifference in the entire institution. This needs to be a massive shakeup, otherwise we'll just repeat the same story.

Guess we need to get the Regents to give a flying **** about football, since it appears we have wholesale indifference in the entire institution. This needs to be a massive shakeup, otherwise we'll just repeat the same story.

Im not sure if I could boycott games. I would be willing to stay at sackygate until the second quarter. :smile2:

Listen, no one will fire BenDiStef. Sports is only a tenth of their job responsibility. Who's responsibility is 100% sports? Mike "smarmyassed" Bohn. This is 110% on him. He HAS to go. Period. Look, the top, BenDiStef must separate themselves from this train wreck. Mike is way over his head now that we are in a big time conference with tons of money. BenDiStef can seperate itself from this only by throwing Bohnhead under the bus. A new AD can clean house and BenDiStef will be no worse for it.

Absolutely not true. We learned from the "scandal" that even the President is not immune to trouble with the football program. There are numerous cases in history where a housecleaning has happened in the University administration when the football program sucked. We talk about football being a tiny financial portion of the University, but it is also the leading perception of the University, and the impact from what is going on IS going to be felt. Major boosters are going to get very angry about this situation.

I have been doing a lot of this "work" too. : )
36C92470-076D-4588-92D1-DBE321925DD3

The CU football article is the #1 most clicked article of the Sunday Denver Post online. People care, even those that don't like CU. Change needs to be made.

The CU football article is the #1 most clicked article of the Sunday Denver Post online. People care, even those that don't like CU. Change needs to be made.

Now that CSU has scoreboard, even many of them might want to legitimize their victory with a few CU wins over BCS programs. It would help their dillusional arguement they belong in an AQ conference.

Back