What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Athlon's Preview checks the Buffs in at #17

People talking about Wes turning some mythical corner don't get what he's asked to do on this team,IMO. The guy did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do last year, which was take some heat off of Jelly and clean the boards. I'm a big fan of Wes, because he epitomizes Tad Ball. Unselfish team player. I wouldn't expect a ton of points from him, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone is saying that he is going to drop a dozen points a night. He needs to figure out the mental part of the game and control his emotions. He and XJ are very similar in that regard.

What about XJ? He could turn a corner, and so could wes - if wes gets his head right this year, watch out. That guy is dangerous when he's confident.

It looks like Wes was the big winner in the weight room this off season. He is listed at 240 this year compared to 225 last season. I think that 15 lbs will help his confidence.

It looks like Wes was the big winner in the weight room this off season. He is listed at 240 this year compared to 225 last season. I think that 15 lbs will help his confidence.

Wes is going to be an All-Conference level performer this year. So is XJ. And Scott is going to be All-American level.

Front court is elite. Probably Top 5 in the nation. The question is going to be whether the back court gels. Ski is a good player. We need a star back there, though.

Wes is going to be an All-Conference level performer this year. So is XJ. And Scott is going to be All-American level.

Front court is elite. Probably Top 5 in the nation. The question is going to be whether the back court gels. Ski is a good player. We need a star back there, though.

Skis going Kemba Walker this year.

the kool-aid runneth out of your pores......we can all hope

I talked to Wes at the CSU game. I don't think he looked any bigger than last year. Let me put it this way. I saw Scott and it is obvious he put on weight. Remember Spencer between his freshman and sophomore years? He looked like he glad was wearing shoulder pads. I don't see how wes can throw on 15 pounds and it not be noticeable.

Any else see him and have a different opinion.

If XJ brings it on a nightly basis we'll be a top 25 team who stands a good chance of Sweet 16. XJ maturing is beyond crucial. Frankly XJ's first few free throws will drop me a hint about what he's going to give us this season.

If XJ brings it on a nightly basis we'll be a top 25 team who stands a good chance of Sweet 16. XJ maturing is beyond crucial. Frankly XJ's first few free throws will drop me a hint about what he's going to give us this season.

Probably a good marker to look for but he shot 61% from the stripe last year, up from 56% the year before. Is 70% too much to ask?

And given how stagnant our half court sets are, it'd probably be a nice boost if Wes and JHop could show some improvement at the line as well.

I talked to Wes at the CSU game. I don't think he looked any bigger than last year. Let me put it this way. I saw Scott and it is obvious he put on weight. Remember Spencer between his freshman and sophomore years? He looked like he glad was wearing shoulder pads. I don't see how wes can throw on 15 pounds and it not be noticeable.

Any else see him and have a different opinion.

Yep, colleges embellish this stuff. Some of it's true, some not. CU isn't immune. Eye test is all that matters

I don't think the weight is what Gordon was missing. If he can play with more anger and desperation, he will take the next step. Too many times I felt effort was lacking last year. Also I never cared for playing Scott and Gordon together. To me, Scott needs room to go to work and 3 outside shooters ready for a kick out coupled with a tweener like XJ or DT. Gordon comes in to spell Scott 15 mins a game.

Back