What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Attendance for ASU

Bolded is an important thing. Is that something we should start considering again? Is it worth potentially alienating season ticket holders to fill some extra seats and generate some goodwill?

I will trust RG marketing strategy. Worked pretty well with the Rangers.

What I meant by that is I have season tickets, and will continue to have season tickets. I will continue to tailgate before every home game. I will continue to be at every home game regardless of performance.

I will be critical of the staff and the product they put on the field, when it is appropriate to do so. However when we are starting a defense with 7/12 underclassmen (including NB) and an offense with 7/12 underclassmen (including FB) I will hold my criticism for the moment.

I will be critical of the way they recruit if it does not improve after all the tools are in place for them. (IPF, new facilities, new unis, up tick in wins) They need at least 3 of those 4 in order to counteract the negative recruiting done by our peers at the FBS level. We will continue to get 1 or 2 guys per class that are able to compete right away and that are the type of recruits we all want. Until then we are going to have to make do with what we have as our depth matures. Its going to be a slow process. I just hope that the core group of fans can wait it out.

+1

Bolded is an important thing. Is that something we should start considering again? Is it worth potentially alienating season ticket holders to fill some extra seats and generate some goodwill?

This season ticket holder wouldn't care what RG did to get butts in the seats. If that means giving away a couple thousand every game, fine. I'm paying for a product. That product includes the experience being part of a rowdy, vocal crowd.

RG has a lot of work to do in this area. I don't envy his job. I like the plan for young alumni tickets. That will pay dividends down the road. For now, we're in for a lot of empty seats.

This season ticket holder wouldn't care what RG did to get butts in the seats. If that means giving away a couple thousand every game, fine. I'm paying for a product. That product includes the experience being part of a rowdy, vocal crowd.

RG has a lot of work to do in this area. I don't envy his job. I like the plan for young alumni tickets. That will pay dividends down the road. For now, we're in for a lot of empty seats.

Love the young alumni thing as well but the problem is the young alumni have all been part of this losing culture of the past decade. They are tired of never being able to cheer for a winner. At least MOST of the season ticket holders have seen at least a Big XII championship or at worse a winning season. These are all things we see down the road because we have seen it, but maybe our hope is false like that of the Rockies fan base and ownership. At least we can say leadership has made changes and tried to make improvements. I hate seeing tickets given away but loved the large youth football contingent. I would like to see local HS football getting free tickets or group tickets that get more local HS kids excited about the game. A Saturday night where they are supervised and enjoying that atmosphere is a great activity for them.

This. 1000X this.

The team has sucked eggs for 8 years. How can you possibly expect fans to show up after enduring 8 years of abuse? If they get 36K, I'll be surprised. For all the talk coming from MM about them needing fan support, it doesn't work that way. The fans have given their support to this team for the last 8 years, only to have that support squandered. Fans are in a definite "show me" mode right now. The wins are going to have to come first. They squandered their opportunity to enjoy fan support while producing a crappy product.

+1 Sackman nailed it.

RG doesn't give thousands of tickets away like the previous AD. Also, everyone sees what ASU has done to us the last few years + our 1st two games = fan confidence of a competitive game basically 0. I will go but leave early if it gets out of hand. Not worth staying until almost midnight if we are getting destroyed.
From what I have heard, first responders who worked on last years flood are being offered 2 free tickets for this game. Last year 9/13 was just about in the middle of the worst of the damage from that disaster.

I will be critical of the way they recruit if it does not improve after all the tools are in place for them. (IPF, new facilities, new unis, up tick in wins) They need at least 3 of those 4 in order to counteract the negative recruiting done by our peers at the FBS level. We will continue to get 1 or 2 guys per class that are able to compete right away and that are the type of recruits we all want. Until then we are going to have to make do with what we have as our depth matures. Its going to be a slow process. I just hope that the core group of fans can wait it out.

I don't understand why you added a qualifier as to when you choose to be critical. It sounds like an excuse.

Excuses are just nails that are used to build a house of failure.

Recruiting isn't only about the IPF or new unis (LOL) or uptick in wins as much as it is about establishing relationships with players, HS coaches, and parents. A good salesman should be able to sell a vision and close a deal. Are or aren't MacIntyre and his assistants good salesmen?

I don't understand why you added a qualifier as to when you choose to be critical. It sounds like an excuse.

Excuses are just nails that are used to build a house of failure.

Recruiting isn't only about the IPF or new unis (LOL) or uptick in wins as much as it is about establishing relationships with players, HS coaches, and parents. A good salesman should be able to sell a vision and close a deal. Are or aren't MacIntyre and his assistants good salesmen?

I added a qualifier because that is how I feel about the issue. Call it an excuse, doesn't matter to me. The IPF is still 2 years away. Kids will be sophomores when they get to use it. That is still a wait and see thing. We can show them pretty pictures, but that doesn't do much. The uniforms, while silly and small, affect the opinions of some players. I don't know why, but it does. Look at player reactions to new uniforms, watch social media conversations about them among HS players. It is a factor. As ridiculous as it sounds.

Say with that RB last year. HCMM thought he had him. Thought we were getting a stud to come here. Graham had one more chance to talk to him. All he had to say was, "Do you really want to go to a team that has won 7 games in 3 years?" "Do you want to go to a school where they don't even have an IPF?" "Do you want to go to Colorado and compete for not last or for conference championships?"

HCMM doesn't have to deal with just the opinion of the hs players and their parents, but he has to combat the negative recruiting from programs after the same players.

Not sure where to post this, but if anyone has a single extra ticket the lady friend wants to go this week. Doesn't matter where we are in the student section.

Not sure where to post this, but if anyone has a single extra ticket the lady friend wants to go this week. Doesn't matter where we are in the student section.

The band has tickets for $25. Contact Diana.Wilson@Colorado.edu You will have to go to Imig College of Music on the West end of Farrand Field to pick them. They are technically to sit in the band ticket section (210 I think), but once in the gate, there is never trouble getting to the student section at Folsom.

What it's it gonna take to get past this? Years of sustained success? How do those kids feel about duke?

Duke is winning with the kind of players we are recruiting. Well at least was recruiting. Now with the ACC Coastal championship I am sure that is different.

Anyone blaming fans for attendance at this point is a fool

Not placing any blame anywhere. Totally get that people have better things to do. But its always shocked me when message board fans are the one's not going. Would think they would be the most die hard and supportive group. So its frightening to see the apathy amongst us.

Of course, its the culture at CU and its double sided. One argument is a big boy football program would never have gone through what CU has the last 10 years. The administration, fans, etc. would never allow it. The other side is a big boy football program would always have the support to pack in more than a 36K for a home conference opener.

Sad either way you look at it. Hopefully this team finds a way to believe and stays even with the PAC this season. Really need to flip the damn script in the worst way. This is just really sad, especially with the positive momentum George has built everywhere else.

Duke is winning with the kind of players we are recruiting. Well at least was recruiting. Now with the ACC Coastal championship I am sure that is different.

Little easier having Wake, BC, Cuse, NCSU, UVA etc. Mid and lower level ACC doesn't sniff the Pac-12. Not a hard league to find 3 or 4 conference wins and get in a bowl.

I sure hope we aren't recruiting the kinds of players Duke was recruiting. It took 5 years until they got to a bowl game. That aint gonna fly at CU.

I'll be there with Mrs DeathHawk but if it gets out of hand I'll be headed to Pearl St and my room at the Boulderado pretty early.

currently on the fence about Hawaii. should be more competitive but the taste of dispair gets old.

Hope to see you up there.

What it's it gonna take to get past this? Years of sustained success? How do those kids feel about duke?

All we have to do is show some life. Making a damn bowl game would be a start. Doesn't have to be the Rose Bowl, just get to 6-6 to start. Let's face it, these days kids mention CU is recruiting them to their buddies and you know "hahaha bro, CU is horrible!" is what is said, most likely in even harsher words. Painful as it is, that has played out on numerous occasions. And if we're going to be awful, then be awful in modern uniforms. Until these recent facility upgrades, we have done absolutely nothing to move with the times and we've paid the price of that on the field.

Interesting article...and the funny part is I didn't know Brian Howell wrote for them...i went to highschool with Brian.

Back