What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Attendance for ASU

Well, I'm flying out from Florida. This is the first game I am going to in about 4 years, and I'm bringing my whole family, plus I talked a couple of my SEC/ACC friends to join me.

I'm really hoping to be surprised with 45k+ in attendance, and an upset. Last three games I attended was the WVU upset 2008, the Georgia upset 2010, and the Oklahoma upset 2007. I'm 3/3 in those games, and 2/2 in black out night games.

Place your bets now, your heard it here first.
Dude, you can not get here fast enough

:thumbsup:

With the new beet gardens, I'm changing my guess to >36,000
433be4b9b82e9c576295e77091c11600d9a62990350898f697bae5c3abe31661.jpg

That almost brought a tear to my eye reading that....and my wife wonders why I still watch the games as bad as they are, why I still go to games and stay even though they're getting beat. This guys explanation is why. I love the Buffs....most people in this state bleed Orange and Blue.....I bleed Black and Gold. Huge reps to that guy.

it sure would be easier if we were just in a 2-3 year down cycle instead of a decade long one. going to games expecting complete beat downs wears you down over time. here's hoping for better times ahead.

That is a great post though. I wish i lives a little closer. I get the feeling there is going to be some real energy tomorrow.

1st home game in updated stadium

beer

Southpark

Top 20 team

Espn (i think)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great post though. I wish i lives a little closer. I get the feeling there is going to be some real energy tomorrow.

1st home game in updated stadium

beer

Southpark

Top 20 team

Espn (i think)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ESPN U.

That almost brought a tear to my eye reading that....and my wife wonders why I still watch the games as bad as they are, why I still go to games and stay even though they're getting beat. This guys explanation is why. I love the Buffs....most people in this state bleed Orange and Blue.....I bleed Black and Gold. Huge reps to that guy.

Me too. I have about three things with Broncos on them, and at least 50 with CU on them.

Couldn't disagree more. No matter the situation, you need to stay and support the guys who put on the Black & Gold for 4 quarters. Apathy has never made things better. Support the players for the entirety of the game and show recruits why they should come to CU.

Couldn't disagree more. No matter the situation, you need to stay and support the guys who put on the Black & Gold for 4 quarters. Apathy has never made things better. Support the players for the entirety of the game and show recruits why they should come to CU.

Disagree with who?

Sorry, previous post was in response to 89BUFF89 stating "RG doesn't give thousands of tickets away like the previous AD. Also, everyone sees what ASU has done to us the last few years + our 1st two games = fan confidence of a competitive game basically 0. I will go but leave early if it gets out of hand. Not worth staying until almost midnight if we are getting destroyed".

Whatever - I can do what I like sorry to disappoint you. Maybe I should just stop buying tickets and donating too huh?

Me too. I have about three things with Broncos on them, and at least 50 with CU on them.

Same here I have so much Buff gear...beanies, sweatshirts, long sleeve t-shirts, short sleeve t-shirts, hats, flip flops, koozies.....i have one bronco hat, one sweatshirt.

Same here I have so much Buff gear...beanies, sweatshirts, long sleeve t-shirts, short sleeve t-shirts, hats, flip flops, koozies.....i have one bronco hat, one sweatshirt.

A buff sweatshirt? You're an expert! Right, fatty?

I hate the new Nike sizing with the drifit material

One thing about families is that they need to be tough to survive.
No family on the planet is immune from a little dysfunction, and Buff Galaxy is no exception.
We can stand shoulder to shoulder and still not see eye to eye. That's okay.

If you show up to cheer success, that's easy.
The hard part is knowing what to do when the success is hard to come by?

Some take the rah, rah approach and beg fans to show up and cheer. This is the segment who are sunshine pumpers who drink kool aid and subscribe to the power of positive thinking.

Some turn into arm-chair experts and evaluate every piece of information, every word, every web site, and every game stat in order to better understand the problem and perhaps offer some expertise or some solution.

Yet another group have been burned enough times that a more cautious path is taken. Like they say in Missouri, "show me". There are pessimists and curmudgeons who know success when they see it, and don't candy coat problems when they exist.

Finally, there are those looking for entertainment and a good time. Wins = happy. Loses = sad. This group doesn't care about practices, or recruiting stories, or politics within Dal Ward or Regents hall. Give this group a tailgate, a chance to watch Ralphie run, and some quality football, and call it a day. If the scene is morbid and negative, then it's adios. Call me when things turn around.

True Buffs can fall into any of these categories. You can tell who they are because they buy tickets, make donations to CU instead of or in addition to 20,000 other worthwhile charitable entities. They know that the worst day on CU's campus is still better than an average day at work. And the best day in Folsom is close to heaven on earth.

God bless all you sunshine pumpers, arm-chair experts, curmudgeons, good-times seekers, and various other riff raff who love CU as family.

But beware, you sunshine pumpers. It's perfectly normal in a family for siblings to fight. If some sunshine pumper demands that everyone in the Buff family should unconditionally pump sunshine because of the shoulder to shoulder thing, then you are itching for a fight and probably deserve to be kicked in the nuts.

We're rapidly approaching a point where we will have more former Buffs in the NBA than in the NFL. Chauncey retiring just hurt that stat, though.

GREAT POST, in my opinion. Still just a newbie here to the site but had to just say this is right on!

You you really sum it up so well here. I'm one of those who shows up even when we lose. Like tomorrow, I think we will win. I'll sit there still thinking we will win! And just being at Folsom and in boulder on game day is great. I'm sure many people think I'm crazy for predicting a CU win tomorrow. After we lose, I'll call for the coach to be fired for about 1 day before I come back to a more realistic view and then think we will win the next one! But either way I will wear my CU gear with pride no matter what. At the grocery store the day after we lost to CSU, a woman said to me that she was a CU fan but too embarrassed to wear her Buff stuff after the loss. In my opinion, it's like someone said before: the worst day as a CU fan is still better than the best day as a ram.

i do think to attract the entertainment fans, HCMM will need to win. and RG selling beer will help with some of those folks too.

The focus should be in each, not just one of those groups, who are buff fans! don't you think? As the sunshine pumper, I'll always there- win or loss.

One thing about families is that they need to be tough to survive.
No family on the planet is immune from a little dysfunction, and Buff Galaxy is no exception.
We can stand shoulder to shoulder and still not see eye to eye. That's okay.

If you show up to cheer success, that's easy.
The hard part is knowing what to do when the success is hard to come by?

Some take the rah, rah approach and beg fans to show up and cheer. This is the segment who are sunshine pumpers who drink kool aid and subscribe to the power of positive thinking.

Some turn into arm-chair experts and evaluate every piece of information, every word, every web site, and every game stat in order to better understand the problem and perhaps offer some expertise or some solution.

Yet another group have been burned enough times that a more cautious path is taken. Like they say in Missouri, "show me". There are pessimists and curmudgeons who know success when they see it, and don't candy coat problems when they exist.

Finally, there are those looking for entertainment and a good time. Wins = happy. Loses = sad. This group doesn't care about practices, or recruiting stories, or politics within Dal Ward or Regents hall. Give this group a tailgate, a chance to watch Ralphie run, and some quality football, and call it a day. If the scene is morbid and negative, then it's adios. Call me when things turn around.

True Buffs can fall into any of these categories. You can tell who they are because they buy tickets, make donations to CU instead of or in addition to 20,000 other worthwhile charitable entities. They know that the worst day on CU's campus is still better than an average day at work. And the best day in Folsom is close to heaven on earth.

God bless all you sunshine pumpers, arm-chair experts, curmudgeons, good-times seekers, and various other riff raff who love CU as family.

But beware, you sunshine pumpers. It's perfectly normal in a family for siblings to fight. If some sunshine pumper demands that everyone in the Buff family should unconditionally pump sunshine because of the shoulder to shoulder thing, then you are itching for a fight and probably deserve to be kicked in the nuts.

Back