What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AU looks to get pounded...

I think Auburn has its eyes closed and fingers crossed, hoping this will blow over. That said, no way they risk a chance at the title now by suspending sCam, even if thats the right thing to do.

Amazing the Georgia suspended AJ Green of such a little infraction but AU keeps playing Cam and flaunting the NCAA.

This has to kill malzahn as a candidate for the CU job though.

Why suspend him now?

If he's ineligible, he's ineligible for all the games they've played this year. They should keep playing him and pump him for all they can.

If you're going to go down, go down hard.

IF, and I am not fully convinced, UA paid Cam, and had a widespread ractice of paying players, then they could be deathpenalty material. I kind of doubt the NCAA is going to go down that road again though. It would be more likely they would enact scholly reductions, bowl bans, TV bans or some combination of all of them. Not good. for AU fans....

So, basically, this isn´t about Newton, but rather about gambling, money laundering, corruption etc. leading up to the highest levels of Alabama state politics?

Can't wait for an Auburn v. Oregon national title game now....Auburn wins, NCAA then comes back and strips the national title from them and weak ass duck fans start talking for years to come how they won the 2010 national championship...nice claim to fame :lol:

Can't wait for an Auburn v. Oregon national title game now....Auburn wins, NCAA then comes back and strips the national title from them and weak ass duck fans start talking for years to come how they won the 2010 national championship...nice claim to fame :lol:

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if they just left the national title vacant for that year. Kinda like how they stripped Reggie Bush of the heisman trophy but still left the award vacant - no Vince Young recognition. I bet that would tear the ducks up.

After the SMU fallout I had doubted that any school would ever reach the point of being given the death penalty again. USC managed to get hammered by sheer arrogance and blatant cheating and didn't get the death penalty.

It now looks like Auburn may be trying to test that limit.

Would the NCAA ever drop the death penalty on another school? How far would that school have to go to get it? I could see it if a school was involved in fixing games or some other form of clearly illegal acts. Would it happen for blatant violations of the NCAA rules that didn't involve gambling or other similar crimes. Baylor basketball didn't get it and they tried to hide a murder.

Interesting to see what happens next.

Gambling, money laundering, political corruption, bribes, the church, and SEC football all rolled into one. I hope that Auburn gets the death penalty. Shut down football completely for 5 years and kick them out of the SEC.

Make them apply for reinstatement and then go Texas State Armadillos and don't allow any scholarships.

After the SMU fallout I had doubted that any school would ever reach the point of being given the death penalty again. USC managed to get hammered by sheer arrogance and blatant cheating and didn't get the death penalty.

Would the NCAA ever drop the death penalty on another school? How far would that school have to go to get it? I could see it if a school was involved in fixing games or some other form of clearly illegal acts. Would it happen for blatant violations of the NCAA rules that didn't involve gambling or other similar crimes. Baylor basketball didn't get it and they tried to hide a murder.

Maybe if they did something REALLY bad, like feed their walk-ons....

I have read comments from guys who were on the NCAA sanctions team when the SMU death penalty was dropped. They consider that to have been a mistake. It will never happen again.

Is murder an NCAA voilation? :huh:

Is murder an NCAA voilation? :huh:

Only if the murder and subsequent cover-up was committed during a violation of other NCAA violations.

For example: "Coach help me hide the body. I killed the booster because he was short on the cash payment I was promised when I agreed to play here."

In this case we have a clear violation of PFP and a major NCAA violation. The penalty for the murder and cover up are addressed further down in the penalty section of the bylaws. I don't remember but I think the penalty is loss of HD TV broadcast for 1 year.

I have read comments from guys who were on the NCAA sanctions team when the SMU death penalty was dropped. They consider that to have been a mistake. It will never happen again.

It is because it went far beyond punishing the football program. It also hurt the school itself. SMU was given the death penalty because they were already on probation and essentially told the NCAA "we don't care" and kept paying players (it actually had been going on for about a decade).

I'm pretty sure CU murdered Eric Crouch. Haven't really heard anything from him since 2001.

Not true. He was spotted at a New Kids on the Block concert. I'm not kidding--there was footage of it.

didn't i blow your mind this time?

1120859487.jpg

exactly......

I have seen that as well and most likely they will NOT resort to the same penalty ever again.

Back