1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

August 8th Practice Report

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I got a chance to swing by the practice fields for the morning(veteran) sessions. So here's a few thoughts.

• Cha'ppelle Brown made a fantastic INT this morning. I don't remember who threw it, but he lept up and snagged it out of the air. Our secondary is going to be good.

• Jimmy Smith is also doing well. Greg Brown is doing a great job with our guys. I hope he can keep his head screwed on right this season. We definitely need a guy like that on the field.

• Neither QB really stood out imo. But it's only the second day of practice. Maybe they're shaking the rust off. Especially Hansen.

• As previously reported, our OL is monstrous. I hyped them up a bit:smile2: last year. But I'm a little cautious about the OL this season. How long will it take them to gel with Denver? Will Adkins or Behrens step up at LG?

• I didn't really get a chance to watch the DL. They were just working on technique with Bandison. You can't really see too much when they aren't in full pads.

• Simas looks great. Too bad about him getting suspended for the first two games. McKnight also looked pretty good out there.

• The ST's looked okay today. Some pretty good punts from DiLallo. Not great. Just okay imo. They had Stewart back returning some punts.
    Not alot to report really. They were just in helmets. The main thing that stood out was the secondary. Brown looks like he has a strong group of kids out there.

Unleash Hell likes this.
  2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update..

The secondary is pretty deep.. Is Smith ahead of Burney on the depth chart?

3. Sexton Hardcastle

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Excited about the secondary. I think Brown and Smith could be All Big 12 guys.

5. Sexton Hardcastle

At today's practice they had Smith at LCB, Burney at the RCB, and Brown in the nickel spot. I'm not sure if that's the starting D, or if they were just mixing things up a bit.

The BDC released this depth chart a couple days ago.
    http://www.buffzone.com/news/2009/aug/06/cu-depth-chart/

6. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

7. Sexton Hardcastle

That's going to be a tough decision for Brown to make. Burney should have a starting spot locked down by the CSU game. I think they should start Brown just based off of experience. He's a very smart kid out there. I'm not saying Jimmy Smith isn't a heady player, but I'd take experience over size in this case.

And you're right. All three should see plenty of PT in the pass heavy Big 12.

8. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I we will see plenty of all three. Probably a healthy dose of Jalil Brown as well. Very talented group.:thumbsup:

9. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Any chance we play a 2-4-5 defense this year to get our best players on the field? :smile2:

10. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

The first (non-pads) days of practice are worthless.

11. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

If that was the case we would play a 0-6-5....no offense to Kasa, Obi, etc

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  12. Sexton Hardcastle

First day in full pads is the 11th. Practice starts at 9:45am.