1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin Dufault

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Jens1893, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

... is gonna - practically - become my neighbour. Signed to play for the local BBL team here next season.

[​IMG]

Goose likes this.
  2. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I was going to pm you about this, you'll have to catch a game and let us know how he's doing.

3. Jens1893

They got relegated on the last day of the season, but managed to stay up regardless because they bought a wildcard. There was an open spot in the BBL because one of the promoted teams couldn´t get licensed due to not meeting some financial or infrastructual requirements.

4. Jens1893

http://neckar-riesen-ludwigsburg.de/magazin/artikel.php?artikel=2159&type=2&menuid=54&topmenu=6

Here´s their press release, the other American they signed is Tanner Smith, who played for Clemson.

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]In Austin Dufault the Neckar Riesen acquired a 6 foot 9 forward. Last season was his debut season as a basketball pro. He started the season with BK Prostejov until he switched to NH Ostrava during the season. He averaged 13.8 points and 6.0 rebounds per game.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Until 2012 the American played for the college team of the University of Colorado. In 4 years at CU he set a school record with 136 games played for the „Buffaloes“ (nickname of the basketball team). The North Dakota born Dufault graduated with a degree in psychology. Dufault now wants to make the next step in his basketball career with the Neckar Riesen.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, sans-serif]Neckar Riesen HC John Patrick is happy about signing the 23 year-old: „Austin is a versatile player, who can play every big position on the court. He has excellent ball handling skills and he´s coming here with excellent references about him as a person off the court also.“ Dufault signed a contract for the 2013-2014 season.[/FONT]

5. Buffs@5345'

Buffs@5345' Club Member Club Member

Hey Jens,
    I was poking around on that team site and looked at the schedule just to get a feel for the length of the season - I was surprised to see a match-up with FC Bayern Munchen. Wouldn't that be a BC Bayern Munchen in hoops? I was always under the impression that 'FC' was Football Club or Fussball Club - was I wrong?

6. Jens1893

Technically, you are correct. But then you have to consider that most sports teams here are multi sports clubs and don´t bother to change for the departments. The Greek clubs, Panathinaikos and Olympiakos, do it, but the big Spanish clubs also play basketball under the term FC Barcelona or Real Madrid CF.

Buffs@5345' likes this.
  7. Buffs@5345'

Buffs@5345' Club Member Club Member

Good to know - thanks