1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin Ray?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffUp, Aug 29, 2013.

1. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

read he has quit the team and transferring?

2. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

5TH String TE, left to be a walk on at Missouri

3. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

WOW - homesick? 5th string at CU is not good on a resume

4. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

He didn't really fit the new system. Embree recruiting him to be a 270 lbs, 3-point stance on the line of scrimmage type of tight end. It looks like Mac is looking for receiving h-back types.

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

That's the nice way of putting it.

But to nip talk of not wanting TEs that can play with a hand on the ground in this system, I just want to quickly mention that Scott Fernandez walked on as a DL, was moved to OL the next year, and is now the guy that HCMM has starting our opener at TE.

6. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

This has nothing to do with his fit in the system. Embree himself kind of wished he had seen this kid play in person before offering the 'ship....

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

You have to be pretty, um, average to be 5th on the depth chart at TE at CU.

Still, I'll say this until I'm blue in the face - TE is the most difficult position to project at the college level from high school. Kids who are the right size are usually fullbacks and linebackers.

8. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

From behind the pay wall at Missouri's Rivals site:

"Ran into a big dude on campus this morning over by registration...former Rock Bridge TE, Austin Ray. Said he asked for his release from Colorado yesterday morning before classes started and spent all day yesterday seeing if he could walk on and getting enrolled at Mizzou; then drove all night and met the coaches this morning and was on his way for a physical after the academic stuff. Said he hopes to practice today. I asked him why and he said CU was a pro-set and now is going spread and Mizzou is putting in tight end sets. But what really struck me was, when he said "I always wanted to be here. At the end of the day, I want my diploma to read Univeristy of Missouri".
    Gives up a full ride to walk on at Mizzou and play his way into a scholarship. Nice.
    (disclosure: recognized him and know his family)"

WasianCU likes this.
  9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

And chances are it probably will... :lol: