What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Austin Vincent, ex-CU Buffs receiver, sentenced to 5 years probation for indecent exp

shame to see kids throw away opportunity and potential - always love how the media has to "a former University of Colorado football player" put this out there!!

I think that fits in this situation. He did the crime while he was a buff. But they do love to show us in a negative light on other issues.

This kid does have a sex-related problem. No one thinks it's OK to walk into a woman's shower and pull the curtain back. He lacks the ability to go out and meet a woman he can have normal relations with, and that's the concern. If he's already willing to go this far, how far would he go a year from now, if he still couldn't form a relationship and was needing contact?

It takes a minimum of 5 - 8 years to treat somebody like this., which is why probation is so long.

This kid does have a sex-related problem. No one thinks it's OK to walk into a woman's shower and pull the curtain back. He lacks the ability to go out and meet a woman he can have normal relations with, and that's the concern. If he's already willing to go this far, how far would he go a year from now, if he still couldn't form a relationship and was needing contact?

It takes a minimum of 5 - 8 years to treat somebody like this., which is why probation is so long.

I guess I don't know you well enough, but this is a joke, right?

Sad but the outcome was inevitable. Based on the sentencing I suspect the evidence was maybe a little more unfavorable to him then reported. Either that or his lawyer did not work very hard for him. He took the plea deal so he must of thought it was his best option.

Curious, what is funny to you? This kid was warned, but could not control himself. The fact is, misdemeanor sex offenses usually involve 5 to 8 years probation, due to the time needed for treatment.
Treatment (Theft classes, DUI classes, Domestic Violence, Anger Management, etc) are a multi-million dollar business in every state and the judges rely on them, to prevent future victims from saying they didn't address the problem. I don't know they have proof any of it really is effective. The big problem with sexual deviates, is they usually were victims when they were young, and it's that's terribly hard to get straight in a person's mind.

Did you think this kid, having been warned once, was just going to level-off at peeking into showers? That's not how it works. Maybe not Mr Vincent, but 90% of people who do what he did, graduate to more serious and violent offenses

Curious, what is funny to you? This kid was warned, but could not control himself. The fact is, misdemeanor sex offenses usually involve 5 to 8 years probation, due to the time needed for treatment.
Treatment (Theft classes, DUI classes, Domestic Violence, Anger Management, etc) are a multi-million dollar business in every state and the judges rely on them, to prevent future victims from saying they didn't address the problem. I don't know they have proof any of it really is effective. The big problem with sexual deviates, is they usually were victims when they were young, and it's that's terribly hard to get straight in a person's mind.

Did you think this kid, having been warned once, was just going to level-off at peeking into showers? That's not how it works. Maybe not Mr Vincent, but 90% of people who do what he did, graduate to more serious and violent offenses

You're making a big assumption that he's got a disorder and is actually a sexual deviant.

Alternate explanation: He's a horny 18-year old with a "big man on campus" attitude, an immature/inapropriate sense of humor, an environmental background that didn't prepare him for campus life or relating to women, and a history of being able to get away with being like that without there being consequences to his actions.

Yet you seem quick to want to go Clockwork Orange reprogramming on him when a more simple explanation is that he just needs more life experience and maturity after learning this hard lesson.

You're making a big assumption that he's got a disorder and is actually a sexual deviant.

Alternate explanation: He's a horny 18-year old with a "big man on campus" attitude, an immature/inapropriate sense of humor, an environmental background that didn't prepare him for campus life or relating to women, and a history of being able to get away with being like that without there being consequences to his actions.

Yet you seem quick to want to go Clockwork Orange reprogramming on him when a more simple explanation is that he just needs more life experience and maturity after learning this hard lesson.

Both of you may be completely correct or the answer may be someplace in the middle. As far as I know none of us here are qualified to make these assessments or have the information needed to do so if we were.

With that in mind and the potential for serious damage if he leans more toward the probable repeat offender side the DA has an obligation to pursue the situation to its fullest extent.

Young Mr. Vincent put himself into the situation of having to prove that he isn't a danger by the nature of his actions. A person is innocent until proven guilty but once proven guilty it is reasonable for the state to assume the worst about him if it can be argued that other innocent persons could be put at risk by repeated behaviors.

Neither the school or the DAs office wants to be the ones answering the questions after the next victims attorney points out that they thought he was "just a horny teenager with an immature attitude."

I hope for his sake that he can get his actions under control and go on to lead a productive life without further victims. The sentence may seem harsh but it is reasonable in keeping tabs on him and hoping that he can go that direction.

I don't support the classes, and never said I did. In your life, have you ever known someone who acted this way? it's not a minor issue

Well, dply shat in a public park...maybe we should keep an eye on him too...

I am pretty sure, as Mtn. suggested, the authorities had the best view on this one. He has been given notice. He is on probation. If it truly is as big of a problem asyou suggest, he will be back in front of the man soon enough. If it was a one time stupid thing as 'nik suggested, he'll be able to keep his nose clean and hopefully move on like Colt Brennan.

Well, dply shat in a public park...maybe we should keep an eye on him too...

I am pretty sure, as Mtn. suggested, the authorities had the best view on this one. He has been given notice. He is on probation. If it truly is as big of a problem asyou suggest, he will be back in front of the man soon enough. If it was a one time stupid thing as 'nik suggested, he'll be able to keep his nose clean and hopefully move on like Colt Brennan.

As I was looking at this tread your post brought another thought to mind. CU has had it's share of kids do sexually oriented activities ranging anywhere from dumb to criminal. Austin Vincent, Colt Brennan and some others who's names I don't want to bring back up since they seem to have gone on with their lives without further issues, even guys like DPLY.:lol:

CU and the Boulder have been pretty quick to act on these guys and get them out of here. I am dead certain that we are not the only school that has guys doing this stuff, in fact I would guarantee that every school with a few thousand or more young male students has some of this happen and naturally happen in their athletic programs. When it happens at CU and some other schools we hear about it, at other schools we hear nothing. How many schools are willing to hide and accept stuff like this in the interest of protecting their athletic programs and how dangerous is this for the young female students on those campuses.

We have seen what PSU was willing to hide to protect the athletic program so protecting young sexual deviants would be relatively minor in comparison. Is this something that is going to explode in the media someday?

I don't support the classes, and never said I did. In your life, have you ever known someone who acted this way? it's not a minor issue

I don't know the specifics.

I know of things I did and things buddies did. I once greeted all of the guests at a college party... naked. I had a buddy who went up to a fast food window with his dick hanging out. In the sexually charged atmosphere of college, plenty of things were said to women and done with women that were completely inappropriate and wouldn't fly in adult life.

Vincent may be a deviant. He may also be a guy in the adolescent/adult transitional period who crossed some lines that others know better than to cross.

It's amazing the guy got off with such a light sentence.

Truly.

Anyone defending him needs to get their head checked. I expect more from "educated" people and I've been really dismayed at those defending him on this board. It's sickening to put it nicely...

This guy is guilty of a violent sexual assault. Imagine your wife or your daughter, naked, with this sexual predator coming at them in full while they are denfenseless....

This guy should be behind bars. Period.

He is a complete disgrace to men, and to role models in general.

**** him. He should be castrated at the least. I do not like the idea of violent sexual assault predators being "on probation". Lucky mother **** er. Hope he gets his justice someday...

If the "victimless victim" was a member of my family he'd be lucky to be alive...

It's amazing the guy got off with such a light sentence.

Truly.

Anyone defending him needs to get their head checked. I expect more from "educated" people and I've been really dismayed at those defending him on this board. It's sickening to put it nicely...

This guy is guilty of a violent sexual assault. Imagine your wife or your daughter, naked, with this sexual predator coming at them in full while they are denfenseless....

This guy should be behind bars. Period.

He is a complete disgrace to men, and to role models in general.

**** him. He should be castrated at the least. I do not like the idea of violent sexual assault predators being "on probation". Lucky mother **** er. Hope he gets his justice someday...

If the "victimless victim" was a member of my family he'd be lucky to be alive...

I missed where anything violent or sexual occurred.

Seriously? You missed where a girl was naked, in the shower, and some guy busts in on her showing his junk. Really? Is she supposed to take that as a practical joke? Sorry, that is not the college experience.

DD got his hackles raised when I read this thread last night and a stream of expletives came out of my mouth. And I shut up for 24 hours. Apparently so did he.

Nik, you seem to be trying to be fair in comparing this to you greeting people at a party naked. Do you really not see the difference? You greet fully clothed people in front of other fully clothed people (assuming here that all your guests weren't naked) and you are comparing this to a woman showering naked and being confronted by a guy who shouldn't even be where she is showering, and exposing himself? How is that NOT A ****ING SEXUAL ASSAULT??????

Naked defenseless girl in a shower having it ripped open with a naked man coming at her?

Really? You okay with this happening to Nikita?

If this ever happens to any female member of my family I will kill the bastard who perpetrated it...

It's absolutely violent. Taking security away from an adolescent female while naked and vulnerable in a shower while at college. Nothing sexual? Really? It's not sexual when you're showering naked and a predator comes at you naked?

Again, if this ever happens to a female member of my household (God forbid)... I will kill the perpetrator. Period.

Dude got off easy. If he did this to my daughter he'd be dead already...

I do not think it was a harmless, victimless crime. I also do not think it rose to the level of deserving hard time.

I do not think it was a harmless, victimless crime. I also do not think it rose to the level of deserving hard time.

And five years probation is not hard time. I'm not bitching about his sentence, I'm bitching about the people who apparently think it is not a big deal to bust in on a naked defenseless woman in the shower.

Anyone who doesn't have issues can do 5 years probation no problem.

And five years probation is not hard time. I'm not bitching about his sentence, I'm bitching about the people who apparently think it is not a big deal to bust in on a naked defenseless woman in the shower.

Anyone who doesn't have issues can do 5 years probation no problem.

I should have added I think the punishment is perfectly reasonable. I do not consider five years probation hard time. I can only hope he learns from this transgression or else the next time will carry even graver consequences.

Seriously? You missed where a girl was naked, in the shower, and some guy busts in on her showing his junk. Really? Is she supposed to take that as a practical joke? Sorry, that is not the college experience.

DD got his hackles raised when I read this thread last night and a stream of expletives came out of my mouth. And I shut up for 24 hours. Apparently so did he.

Nik, you seem to be trying to be fair in comparing this to you greeting people at a party naked. Do you really not see the difference? You greet fully clothed people in front of other fully clothed people (assuming here that all your guests weren't naked) and you are comparing this to a woman showering naked and being confronted by a guy who shouldn't even be where she is showering, and exposing himself? How is that NOT A ****ING SEXUAL ASSAULT??????

I see it as different.

I know he is wrong.

I believe strongly that he deserved to be found guilty. He violated her privacy. He also acted very inappropriately. The situation may have been intimidating or even scary to her because of what he might try to do in that situation. I fully support her telling him to **** off, getting others involved, and making sure that he was both booted from school and had the incident go on his record.

However...

I don't see any reports that he touched her or tried to.

I don't see any reports that he threatened her.

Basically, I don't see how there was a sexual act committed and, maybe I missed something in the reports, but I completely don't understand why DD referred to the incident as violent.

And I don't think that what he did should rise to the level of becoming a registered sex offender.

I see it as different.

I know he is wrong.

I believe strongly that he deserved to be found guilty. He violated her privacy. He also acted very inappropriately. The situation may have been intimidating or even scary to her because of what he might try to do in that situation. I fully support her telling him to **** off, getting others involved, and making sure that he was both booted from school and had the incident go on his record.

However...

Basically, I don't see how there was a sexual act committed and, maybe I missed something in the reports, but I completely don't understand why DD referred to the incident as violent.

And I don't think that what he did should rise to the level of becoming a registered sex offender.

The act itself was the threat. And the threat itself, imo, was violent.

Again....naked, showering, in a space where men shouldn't be, and a man opens the shower curtain with his junk hanging out. I'd like to meet the woman who wasn't ****ing scared out of her mind at that minute in time. I'd shake her hand and and tell her she is a better woman than me.

I see it as different.

I know he is wrong.

However...

We're going to disagree here, even though I usually respect your opinions.

Are saying you'd be okay with this happening to your female loved one?

If it ever happens to mine, the perpetrator will receive justice from me personally any cost involved to me, but it would never occur a second time...

We're going to disagree here, even though I usually respect your opinions.

Are saying you'd be okay with this happening to your female loved one?

If it ever happens to mine, the perpetrator will receive justice from me personally any cost involved to me, but it would never occur a second time...

I never said I'd be ok with it. Vincent needs an attitude adjustment upside the head (although that would also be assault these days).

I'm not excusing his actions in the least.

I just think that, based on what I know about the case, it's going overboard to call him a sexual predator or to say that this was a violent sexual assault.

Regardless of his intent there was a clear violation of her privacy and a guy showing a naked girl he doesn't know his junk uninvited is by definition a sexual crime.

Does this mean he is Jack the Ripper, certainly not. It does say that he has acted in a way that would indicate he has the potential to do worse.

For the girl, some girls may be able to blow the incident off and take it in stride, for others it would be a traumatic invasion of their privacy and sense of safety, security, and control over their body. I fear that if someone did this to one of my daughters my reaction would echo DDs.

We don't know what his motivations were, what he was thinking or his intent, or if this was a one time event or the one he got caught for or if not caught he would have repeated it.

He isn't going to jail and his life won't be ruined. He will have consequences the rest of his life and will have to explain his bad judgement. I also hope the probation is closely monitored so that authorities will have an accurate idea of if and how much of a threat he is in the future.

Back