1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B-Lock to corner

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by RK, Sep 27, 2011.

1. RK

RK UBL Club Member

Brian Lockridge has been changed to corner as of today as confirmed by a few sources
    I'm okay with this because he wont see the field as a RB this year and the guy can handle anything IMO.
    Hope he can find the speed to possibly contribute before he graduates and becomes MR. B-Lock the business man

Also: Grossnickle took some reps at kickoff today and did pretty well and Olivers were looking good as well

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

WTF happened to BLock? He just fell off the map. I mean, I know he was hurt. But...

3. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

This is annoying.

4. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

wow!!! what year is B-Lock again?

5. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Does he have any previous experience at the position in high school?

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

He can run and catch. We weren't using him. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

7. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Don't have a lot of choices with the injuries this year.

B-lock isn't going to see playing time at RB and if his leg is healed he is a top flight athlete. He also has a lot of football intelligence. If anyone can step up and make the transition B-Lock is the guy.

It is still scary to think that we may be going on the field with Espy, B-lock, a true frosh, etc. at the CB. I hope we can survive this time period until we can get at least a little healthier.

8. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse... Scary part is, we haven't hit rock bottom yet this season. The Stanford and Oregon games are going to be like cruel and unusual punishment.

9. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

Wow. The other DBs look that bad to the coaches? Also makes me wonder who will play RB other than Speedy and Tony Jones. I'd think Josh Ford, but didn't Embree say the other day that Ford wasn't contributing on special teams and probably wouldn't get much playing time? Hopefully, that was just meant to motivate him.

10. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

I'd rather pull redshirts off guys who have experience playing DB, but I'll defer to Embo and staff on that one.

11. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

I don't think they have any healthy redshirts to pull that are fast enough to play corner.

12. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Really? I thought I read that there are 2-3 guys that they won't pull the redshirt?

13. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

When a player changes positions a few games into his senior year, it almost always works out really well. :huh:

14. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

fify

sliderNcider likes this.
  15. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

don't be such a little bitch. dude brought some news in. all you bring to the board is short man's complex and feeble writing skills.

16. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

17. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Depth...... Whatever is necessary.

18. RK

RK UBL Club Member

1. Not even true
    2. If anyone else said this i would've laughed... Not you, I hate you. I pray that a giant bag o' dicks falls from the sky and hits you in the face

Quattro likes this.
  19. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Just trust in Greg Brown... it'll all work out.

20. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Post Jimmy and Jalil life sucks.

21. pabuff

pabuff Member

Why don't we bring the discussion back to B-Lock. Any analysis of how his skills will transfer to corner? Does anyone think he'll see action at that position as early as the Wazzu game? With Washington State's offensive strengths, where does this leave us, and is there a way to better compensate for his inexperience if he's out there? And the question that's been asked, did B-Lock ever play that position before, hasn't been addressed; does anyone know the answer?

On the move itself, I have no idea if he can handle corner, but I do know it's a waste to not be using him on the field. So I'd give Embo and Brownie a little rope here, with the proviso that it sure says we are thin, and also, that it won't be any surprise to opposing offensive coordinators who'll be smiling during game preparation.

22. The Guest

The Guest Guest

You're concerned that folks aren't bringing enough to the conversation, and insist on wandering off topic, yet in a single post you've provided us with a scolding, four questions and several phrases where you admit you don't have an answer. So I'd ask you which is worse: Exhibiting confidence in off-topic posts, or just dropping a a bunch of questions and shrugging your shoulders?

While I concur that UBT was off-topic when he confessed he occassionally prays for a bag of dicks, but he's sticking with what he knows. JRK is confidently obtuse. But you're just critical and uninformed.

Tell ya what. After your next important meeting, why don't you research the answers to those questions--maybe even swing by Dal Ward--and then get back to us. Or, you can endure the banter and be patient, because I guarantee you, as folks have opinions or information on the topic at hand, they will actually provide it. You don't even have to ask.

23. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

You, sir, are an impertinent jackass. It is a glorious day indeed with the heralded return of pabuff! Everyone knows that pabuff's questions are rhetorical and that he only asks them to prepare the serfs of CU football for new knowledge. I, for one, am now prepared. So please step back and let the golden shower of knowledge reign o'er me!

Darian3Hagan likes this.
  24. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

Another question. Why aren't we moving Markiri Pugh back to DB in this time of need? Is B.Lock more of an athlete and better back there than him. What a terrible use of a transfer by Hawkins.

25. Tadploe

Tadploe Member Club Member

It's ok as long as they don't make B-Lock a fullback!

26. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Hey, I have football intelligence too! But I think my eligibility ran out back in '77.

27. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

It's just a guess, but Wazzu might be seeing a lot of zone this weekend.

28. b3buffs

b3buffs Club Member Club Member

Always thought we should have been using him as a slot receiver when he wasn't getting carries at RB. His speed matched up with a safety or LB would have yielded some pretty good results.

29. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

If we're forced to go with athletes who don't understand the defensive concepts, we really have to play man. Our defensive coverages may be down to: "See that guy? He's yours. Don't let him run away from you."

30. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Pugh and Jonathan Hawkins - where are these experienced upperclassmen? We have 24 DBs on the roster and we are relegated to experiments with BLock and Espy.