What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Back From College Station

jjbuffs13

I got back this morning and took some time to reflect on the ****-show from yesterday.

As far as CS goes, they are by far the most classy fans there. Sorry, kNU, the fans at Kyle Field not once said anything. There are times when I have **** talked to me at our home games by our own fans, every single person we ran into before the game wished us luck and asked us how our time down there was. Kyle Field was amazing. I went to Lincoln in 07 and thought that was a great fan base, they dont compare to the 12th man. Yell Practice on Halloween was unexplainable, I was in shock at how well it was run and how many people were there.

Lets get to the game shall we. I thought it was great that Cody started, I think his first drive when he marched us down the field showed glimpses of what could have been this season. I thought our defense played great the first half, they still have been the strongest part of our team. Goodman: I credit his missed FG to our loss. I think anytime an offense marches down and is expecting to get 3 points, and the kicker misses (shocker), it takes the steam out of the offense. Then the defense has to hold the team after they were let down team wise with no points.

I also think that the call to McKnight was AWEFUL!!! DS got you down the field running between the tackles. So Helfrish decides to run a WR run that goes east-west to one of our slower WR's. I also think that when we switch QB's mid drive it takes momentum away from the offense because they dont get in a rhythm going from a QB who cant throw to one who doesnt seem to have a total grasp on the playbook.

I hope this game was the last of Hawkins, im sorry to say. I dont see a reason why not to get Hansen the game experience and let him get in sync with the offense. I also think DS will get in more of a groove since he will be the focus back (just look how well Rodney does/did when he is given the ball on repeat plays and throughout a drive). Speaking of that, I think the NCAA needs to look at a way to punish the players doing the horsecollers. The NFL fines em, since you cant to do that in NCAA: suspend em. I think the easiest way would be to do it by quarters. They should get a minimum of 6 quarters (that way, depending on when the incident took place, it wont let them off easy). For example, the A&M player should have been suspended for the 2nd half (2 quarters) which leaves an entire game to miss as well (4 quarters). That stops people from just doing it the last few minutes of the game if they know they wont miss any of the next game.

My biggest complaint with TH is that he waits too long to throw the passes when the reciever is heading towards to the sideline. If he throws it before they get to the sideline the defender stands no chance of getting in front of the ball. It seems that he waits until the reciever is at the sideline, while the reciever is stopped, the defender has time to catch up and its almost like throwing into double coverage since the side is an extra defender. I also think we should throw the damn ball down the field. Long throw to JFly (too bad he dropped it), the TD pass to Scotty during KSU, it just seems like we need to stretch the field. I know we dont have the best WR's but give them the ball down the field.

Just my 2 cents and I really hope that the team hasnt quit on the season and we can drop a few points on ISU.

the aggies are seriously fun, hospitable, and run an environment second to none with respect to precision. their band is amazing. their atmosphere laid back to others yet seriously passionate about their aggies.

their campus is well laid out. i did not have the heart to test the waters and walk on their war memorial. i found myself amused at the quirky things they do, such as that "whoop" like chicken bok.

at the end of the day, i had to ask about the mosh pit in the endzone. apparently, a few yell leaders were heading to the fish pond to be thrown in, compliments of the corps. i think they should try recruiting defensemen from there, as their tackes were damn hard.

with three trips left on my big 12 road trip, aggieland is #1.

the good: aggieland, lawrence (for the heffeweisen), stillwater (for their fans and the free beer), baylor (personable fans and posh bathrooms for the ladies), the zorros (they have interesting cash thrown lately at developing a sporting park, and they do like buff fans), oklahoma (in the club seat area)

the bad: oklahoma (remote area of the stadium, in the freezing cold, and getting our asses handed to us. oh the humanity), austin (mullets, sunburns, and snowboard salesmen. how did these dregs of the race manage to sit so close to the visiting section when normal people abound twenty yards away? add to that parking garage tailgating and the experience is alrighty but not the stellar environment promised).

the ugly: lincoln. i am still trying to figure out what is magical about the place. there is better pagentry, loyalty, and tradition elsewhere in college football. you get quadruple helpings of the PA crony reminding the fans how great they are. as well as a sense that they think they have the corner on football savvy. props to the dedicated fans for filling that place for decades. for one third of the season, it means they are missing out on vala's pumpkin patch - a far cooler venue with far less polyester.

visitors section. i am directionally challenged - we were on the same side as the buffs.

That would be the East side. Next time, I will sit on the other side cuz it seemed to be more hoppin'. Tho it was funny when Chip came over to my side and unintentionally made a toddler decked in aggie gear cry.

I was up in the Aggie section across from the big TV. Totally agree about CS. Terrific place to see a game. Just wish the outcome was different. Really hard not to want to jump on the fire Helfrich bandwagon after the 2n2 from the goal line end around to SM. Love Scotty, but he definitely shouldn't be running that play.

Back