What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

back from practice

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot, there were 2 recruits visiting today. I'm not sure who they were but I got some info. Attempts to run them down were unsuccessful but one was named nolan (I think) and I thought I heard that he was from Green Valley High School. The other one was named Alex and I wasn't able to figure anything out beyond that. Anyone pay better attention?

Oh yeah, and I almost forgot, there were 2 recruits visiting today. I'm not sure who they were but I got some info. Attempts to run them down were unsuccessful but one was named nolan (I think) and I thought I heard that he was from Green Valley High School. The other one was named Alex and I wasn't able to figure anything out beyond that. Anyone pay better attention?

My best guess yields this guy... special teams scholly!

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4007406

Grossnickle really sucked at punting :lol:.

According to the BG Brooks article that just came out:

[FONT=Cambria, serif]LUCKY BREAK? At least it wasn't his foot or ankle. Freshman placekicker/punter Zach Grossnickle showed up for camp with a cast on his lower left arm and wrist, the result of a broken wrist suffered in May while playing Ultimate Frisbee.[/FONT]

haha man, i was not a good watcher today, i didnt even notice. like i said, slider or someone else will have a full review.

I'm not in Boulder, but I'm hoping to make it down for a practice or two. Good to hear SB re: Seth Lobato. I figured he would impress.

Valdez there's no doubt Burney has NFL talent... but don't you think teams are gonna be turned off by his surgeries/injuries?

I'm not in Boulder, but I'm hoping to make it down for a practice or two. Good to hear SB re: Seth Lobato. I figured he would impress.

Valdez there's no doubt Burney has NFL talent... but don't you think teams are gonna be turned off by his surgeries/injuries?

It will definitely be a factor when it comes draft time, but if you can play, some team will take a chance. Hell, Wheatley was drafted in the second round after all his wrist issues.

his release is ****ed... all sidearm and weird. If it was normal, he would have gone to a school on scholly for sure. He did well for a walk on QB for sure. #13 threw some bad balls. Looked out of place.

his release is ****ed... all sidearm and weird. If it was normal, he would have gone to a school on scholly for sure. He did well for a walk on QB for sure. #13 threw some bad balls. Looked out of place.

#13 is Jerry Slota. Jack Harris' best friend, FWIW.

Not if he's fixed up. The NFL is full of guys who've had several surgeries. IF it turns out he's a draft candidate, they'll look at each surgery/injury very carefully before committing the $$$. Before that, he has to first earn back some playing time and then show he's an NFL player.

haha speaking of burney, the first time the team did set plays on the other side of the field i notice him yelling at some linebacker. he obviously isn't getting through to him so he runs up and pushes him towards the line of scrimmage. that doesn't work so he basically picks the kid up and throws him out of the play entirely. i'm assuming liloa nobriga wasn't supposed to be on the field in the first place.

and goldenbuff, i talked to that kurt guy too. what a nice guy! we got some good people representing our program.

Let's not slam a kid who shows up as a walk-on and on the first day throws with a bit of an unusual style. As I recall the "GOD", Tim Tebow, sucked his first year as a thrower! Hell, he was and still is, a TE/FB with a QB's number, but his throwing motion has improved tremendously!

I like the fact that Kiesau has all of Jed Tedford's QB drills on disc and a willing Tedford as mentor, since he is now the QB coach, that bodes well for Lobato; his motion should be improved greatly.

The frosh qb's are all big 12 size.

yep.
Clark Evans, 6'5"
Seth Lobato, 6'5"
Jerry Slota, 6'3"

I know they won't all stay at QB, but nice height to start with.
S0808FTBALL13_t120.jpg

Let's not slam a kid who shows up as a walk-on and on the first day throws with a bit of an unusual style. As I recall the "GOD", Tim Tebow, sucked his first year as a thrower! Hell, he was and still is, a TE/FB with a QB's number, but his throwing motion has improved tremendously!

I like the fact that Kiesau has all of Jed Tedford's QB drills on disc and a willing Tedford as mentor, since he is now the QB coach, that bodes well for Lobato; his motion should be improved greatly.
Simmer down noob. Read what i wrote earlier. I actually like him. His throwing motion IS screwy. That's a fact not a slam.

Back