What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bad News - Winfree to miss season with torn ACL

when I saw the headline that a major contributor at WR was out for the season, my first thought was Fields. I was actually relieved to hear it was Winfree. This isn't a season killer like losing PRich was. It hurts, but we do have other players who can and will step up.

I liken this to losing Carr. Yeah, it sucks, but this alone won't be the difference in any single game this year.

We need serious playmakers to emerge and be serious threats. We were betting a lot on Winfree being a guy who could do everything for us, so I'm more concerned than you. Was he that guy or was he another overhype unproven guy? Don't know. But we knew Carr was not really a big upgrade to our RB position.

We need at least 6 WR's who are actual threats to emerge. Guys who can run the right routes, read the correct reads, and block effectively in the short passing game.

I hear he is beginning to live up to his potential. I've always liked his game and been confused as to why he hasn't been more productive. Does he not work hard enough?

Can't help be a little jaded when I hear these things. I heard that Rippy's lights had gone on in the spring of '15 and the fall of '15 again, that he had a starting spot locked down. Hell, he didn't even travel with the team. Thanks to the Russians, we have no idea what is really going on within camp!

Can't help be a little jaded when I hear these things. I heard that Rippy's lights had gone on in the spring of '15 and the fall of '15 again, that he had a starting spot locked down. Hell, he didn't even travel with the team. Thanks to the Russians, we have no idea what is really going on within camp!

Once you got on your "overhyped" soapbox, I was kinda hoping you could figure out a way to drum up a Rippy and Yuri Wright reference. Halfway there...

An ACL tear has nothing to do with the S&C coach. There is almost nothing you can do to prevent that injury.
Generally yes. But that is why we fired our last coach.Too dam many players hurt all the time. Proper stretching and even workouts helps prevent these freak injuries. Then again I guess he as really only been there actively coaching for a few weeks?

Generally yes. But that is why we fired our last coach.Too dam many players hurt all the time. Proper stretching and even workouts helps prevent these freak injuries. Then again I guess he as really only been there actively coaching for a few weeks?
We fired him because we were getting injured getting the **** beat out of us, maybe. But not because we were getting injured.

Once you got on your "overhyped" soapbox, I was kinda hoping you could figure out a way to drum up a Rippy and Yuri Wright reference. Halfway there...
You can't be overhyped when you've failed to do anything for 3 seasons so far.... Bobo could have pulled a 180 (I hope he has), but I'd feel more comfortable with Winfree pushing him and vice versa. The guy has a history of doing as little as possible.

You're attitude aside, did we not hear how great Rippy was doing in the Spring of 2015? How about August of 2015? It's a good reminder that we get fed a lot of bullarky this time of year.

We fired him because we were getting injured getting the **** beat out of us, maybe. But not because we were getting injured.

Pretty much. He was fired because our linemen were not big enough and was generally disliked by the players because he had a "smartest guy in the room" attitude.

I'll translate Duff's (original) Holy **** comment:
a. We didn't fire him for that reason.
b. New guy (Wilson) has been here since early January...

This is why I said we did fire him for that reason.

"Coming into this past season, and even throughout the season, CU players and coaches, including MacIntyre, repeatedly commented about how much bigger and stronger the Buffs have become in the past year. Many players and staff members praised Forman for the work he had done with them to improve their strength and conditioning.

Despite that, this was an injury-riddled season for CU. The Buffs lost 120 man-games to injury. Of those, 93 games were lost among those in the two-deep depth chart. That represents 16.3 percent of the possible games played by the two-deep. According to CU, since 1987, only five seasons have seen CU lose a higher percentage of games to injury to the two-deep.

In the three years before Forman came aboard, CU lost an average of 91 games per season due to injury. In 2013, the Buffs lost just 23 games, and the injury total remained low in 2014." - Daily Camera.

http://www.dailycamera.com/top-sports/ci_29213807/cu-football-buffs-part-ways-dave-forman

And ok he has been here since January but is he actively working with all the players since then or not until official practice starts ?

Chiv on how he is now coaching Bobo (just saw this). So this sounds more promising than just fan-talk. This is something I would be willing to take notice of.

Also sounds like Julmisse is a cincy to play. Huntley is a freshman and basically "we'll see".

You're attitude aside, did we not hear how great Rippy was doing in the Spring of 2015? How about August of 2015? It's a good reminder that we get fed a lot of bullarky this time of year.

No attitude here, man. We just know how you feel about certain guys on the roster as you rarely miss an opportunity to share, as you have so kindly demonstrated yet again.

No attitude here, man. We just know how you feel about certain guys on the roster as you rarely miss an opportunity to share, as you have so kindly demonstrated yet again.

Does anyone feel strongly positive about Rippy or Yuri? No....

It's simply a reminder that we shouldn't declare xyz to be great or to suck until they've had a chance to prove it. Yuri and Rippy are the poster children for false idols here at AB.

I've clearly touched a nerve. Not my intent. Best of luck to Winfree for a speedy recovery, and here's hoping that all Buffs (false and real idols) are supported here on AB.

Strong recovery wished for Winfree. Bono.....has body and physical tools....time to make it happen. Go Buffs

iirc, Bobo was coming on 2 years ago before he got lit up at USC. I think he has the ability to be an effective Pac-12 WR. 40 or 50 catches in this offense wouldn't surprise me.

Bono.....has body and physical tools....time to make it happen.

WTF?

1135ed19e460125f_bono.jpg

Cold stretching is considered by many to be dangerous and put you at greater risk for tendon and muscle tears ^_^

Back