What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bailer up to new shenanigans.

My turds look better than Baylor coeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
bailer university president, kenneth starr, ought to make a few commercials himself. he's such a lovable guy.

If at least one of them wins their last game, it is a certainty either TCU or Bailer will be in the playoff. If there was a championship game between the two highest seeded teams, it would not be a certainty that either TCU or Bailer would be in the playoff.

I agree, however, with your closing line. **** Bailer. **** them right in their selfrighteousnogooddirtypieceof**** assholes.
The latest CFP should be really interesting. ESPN is showing TCU as #4 and Bailer as #5 pre-this week's CFP http://espn.go.com/college-football/playoffPicture (not that the list really means that much given the CFP is a closed vote).

I really do not care that much. As far as I am concerned, the more teams and conferences pissed at the selection results of 4 teams, the better chance we have of an expansion playoff system sooner rather than later.

We have money in the hookers and blow fund to pay others to do the dirty work. I'm told it can take a few days to find the proper dead donkey unit for insertion into Bailer's satanic back door. Rigor Mortis and a proper shading take time to achieve I am told. Are you applying for the phallus holder job? You must get in line behind bp who usually wanders around with one in his hand although it is usually his own.

Only if I can pee in your shower first.

Can anyone confirm if the XII:
a) entered this season with no tie breaking rules for determining a champion? (I would find this hard to believe)
b) began the season with tie breaking rules but then changed the rules mid-season?
c) entered the season with ambiguous criteria that allowed for something like "commissioner discretion"?

I mostly have an issue with this if (b) is the answer. If (c) is the answer, I don't have an issue as an ACC fan, but if I was a Baylor fan, I'd be livid.

I don't care if they've hired a PR firm or not: I don't think college playoff seeding should be influenced by marketing, but I'm realistic enough to appreciate that's how things work in today's world.

Maybe we can just go back to the old bowl system with conference tie-ins [typed by someone less realistic than the guy who typed the previous comment].

Edit: Looking at their webpage, they state criteria for determining who would go to the Sugar Bowl or playoffs, but do not explicitly refer to that team as "conference champion". I think (b) is the right answer.

Last edited:
I just find it hilarious that the Big 12 ran ads all summer about "One True Champion" as a defense of not having a championship game and now the have Two True Champions? Ah, what the hell, they're all champions! What a joke.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...-big-12-will-have-co-champions-001105783.html

And while I agree that head to head is a big factor, TCU lost to a top-10 Bailer on some pretty suspect PI calls while Bailer got pounded by WV. In addition, TCU has a MUCH better OOC schedule than the cream puffs Bailer has played. IMHO TCU is rightfully ranked ahead of Bailer.

Oh, and **** Bailer.

"[The committee is] going to select who they think is the best team," Bowlsby said. "This is an important distinction. Because the committee's charge is not to select the most deserving teams. The committee's responsibility is to select the four best teams based upon their objective and subjective criteria."

Can anyone explain to me the difference between deserving to be in the playoff and being one of the four best teams? This is either brilliant spin or ridiculous drivel.

Can anyone explain to me the difference between deserving to be in the playoff and being one of the four best teams? This is either brilliant spin or ridiculous drivel.

I think it's their way of saying that while a 1-loss B1G Champ would be considered "deserving" of making the playoff or a 1-loss Big 12 co-champ that beat the other co-champ would be "deserving"... the fact remains that neither team scheduled and beat anyone in the non-conference. The committee is trying to explain why it won't go either of those directions.

Does baylor deserve to be there based on beating TCU and having the same record? Yes, I guess. Is baylor the better team? No.

This is ridiculous. Bailer can't be serious with this?

How is this different than Heisman campaigns? Remember the 150' tall Johnny Football poster in Times Square?
If anything, this will likely offend the selectors and hurt their chances, but I think O State ha\s been campaigning too.

CYA.

The vague terminology allows the committee to justify any selection they make.

If Cherry Creek High School were a college, it would be Baylor.

I mean [strike]Mullen[/strike] Valor.

If bailer were a sweetener, it would be high fructose corn syrup.

So with TCU pipping Florida State that lobbyist´s job now is to make an argument that a one loss Baylor team deserves to get in ahead of an unbeaten defending national champion? Did I get that right?

Back