1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ballengers TD Pass

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 13Buff, Oct 6, 2008.

1. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

I'm not saying that MB should start vs. Kansas (although I am in the camp that he should get some meaningful snaps), but I just finished watching the replay. That pass was in a place that only his receiver could have got to it and he made it look easy.

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

He also didn't have someone knocking him down 1.5 seconds after the snap.

3. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

very true on both accounts above....my question is I've never seen Cody make a pass like that or even have a play called to throw one in the corner of the endzone like that, so the coaching staff has to believe Matt has the arm to make those kind of plays right??

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

On that play, no. But on a play just before, he evaded the rush and ran for 15 or so yards. That's something Cody simply can't do. Cody gets sacked there.

5. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Also, his throws are thrown faster, gets to receiver faster, so when a receiver has got a defender beat, he wont throws ducks that float in the air and allow the defender to catch up and make a play.

With MB, if gets the ball to the reciever, its on the receiver to make the catch, and get some yards after the catch something that Cody's passes rarely allows unless the receiver is totally open. And even then he misfires half the time long or short.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  6. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Exactly what my response was going to be until I read that.. so :dito:

7. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

In fairness to Cody, both TD throws in the WVU game were every bit as pretty as MB's toss to P-Will.

This observation takes nothing away from Ballenger's potential as a tall dual-threat QB.

8. OUBuff

OUBuff American Club Member

:dito:

My thought exactly.

9. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

I'm just saying, Cody hasn't done anything to "outright" win the job this year. Last year it was a no-brainer. Other than Cody last year was Nick Nelson (enough said). You can have the greatest practice in the world, but the games are what counts. Unlike last year, you can't tell me that the back up doesn't have potential ability for potential success because we have now seen it. The kid deserves a shot to take C-Hawk's job not only in practice, but come game time. I'm done with the C-Hawk vs. MB threads (until next week) :lol: