What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baltimore attempted murder suspect arrested at home of 6 Colorado football players

Yep. Because if you're not in Boulder to do post grad work in the physics lab, then you're definitely here as a fugitive after attempted murder. Only two options. I'm just trying to figure out if your comments are racially motivated.

And yet he was here as a fugitive for attempted murder.

It's a good reminder that a lot of these guys come from a very different "normal" than most of us are going to relate to. This really seems like a non-issue to me.

It's a good reminder that a lot of these guys come from a very different "normal" than most of us are going to relate to. This really seems like a non-issue to me.
This.

A friend was living in the footprint of the HS Crawley and company were from when they signed, and I helped with a bunch of things at her house then. I stood out like a sore thumb and was frequently advised to leave before nightfall. Different world.

College is one of the few good ways out - Gospel According to Mac, right? It would be classy for kizla and the rest to avoid getting in the mud on this one, we'll see.

Got it. If you are from the ghetto it's ok to shoot someone. Non issue. Thanks for the reminder.

We are in the CU football forum. It is a non-issue relative to some of the players being from DC and having friends from where they grew up who are having trouble with the law. Maybe read the story of what our "D.C. Three" come from and are all about. Hint: they don't come from a place where you can let it slide if someone disrespects you or puts his hands on you. It's not a place where if you throw a punch you have to worry about the guy you hit's daddy suing you. It's a different normal. And these guys have done great. Making this story into something that questions their character kind of pisses me off.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-colle...boulder-cu-buffs-offer-escape-opportunities-d

We are in the CU football forum. It is a non-issue relative to some of the players being from DC and having friends from where they grew up who are having trouble with the law. Maybe read the story of what our "D.C. Three" come from and are all about. Hint: they don't come from a place where you can let it slide if someone disrespects you or puts his hands on you. It's not a place where if you throw a punch you have to worry about the guy you hit's daddy suing you. It's a different normal. And these guys have done great. Making this story into something that questions their character kind of pisses me off.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-colle...boulder-cu-buffs-offer-escape-opportunities-d

All of this is correct and needs to be considered.

Also to be considered is that most murders, and attempted murders, in this country are not pre-meditated, planned out events like shown on TV. Most are the result of emotions of the moment, and the can and do happen anywhere. News for anyone not watching, Boulder is an affluent, mostly white, highly educated city and has a number of these crimes every year.

We don't know what the circumstances of the crime (alleged) were. I do know that most college age kids wouldn't be overly surprised if a friend from high school showed up one day and said, "Hey, I just decided to come out and visit, can I stay here for a few days with you guys."

Further if he was a guy who hadn't had a lot of significant issues with the law or other authorities they wouldn't be likely to worry about or consider that he was in trouble unless he specifically stated that he was.

Back