What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bama #1

That's a lot of in-state kids. Is there really that much HS football talent in Alabama? Don't get me wrong, I know football is a big deal, but it's not like there's 30 million people living there. Maybe this was just a really good year for Alabama HS football. I dunno.

Chuck?

There is a lot of talent in Alabama high school football. It is a very big deal down there. We'll see about this year's Alabama class. They always get the top guys in-state.

There doesn't tend to be as much D-I talent from Colorado on average compared to many other states around the country. I don't know exactly where CO ranks as far as average number of D-I scholarships offered, but I would guess they rank pretty far behind most of the states in the Southeast. And I'm not even talking about the big ones like Texas and Florida.

Oh I'm well aware of that, but Bama has about half of their class from AL...just seems like a lot.

Oh I'm well aware of that, but Bama has about half of their class from AL...just seems like a lot.

I definitely see your point, that does seem like an awful lot of high-end D-I talent to come out of Alabama. And I'm sure there's a number of other highly-ranked players from Bama that signed with other schools. It's not like this is Florida, Texas, or Cali we're talking about.

I watched some video on Julio Jones. He's a big kid with AMAZING hands. The one thing that he's lacking, at least from what I saw, was speed on the field. He didn't seem to be able to beat any of the DB's, even at the high school level. Should be interesting to see what he does against the big boys.

Last edited:
That's a lot of in-state kids. Is there really that much HS football talent in Alabama? Don't get me wrong, I know football is a big deal, but it's not like there's 30 million people living there. Maybe this was just a really good year for Alabama HS football. I dunno.

Chuck?

Mississippi is much like Alabama. There are a lot of quality high school football players here. Most just do not what to get far from home, so they stay in or close to Mississippi.

There are quality NFL players from Mississippi so that is an indication of the quality coming out of Mississippi in my opinion.

check out UT and A&M, mainly UT's recruits. I think this is the 1st in the past 2-3 years Mack & Co. signed a player from out of state, even though he wanted a 2nd one real bad....

Chuck?

This was a very good year. Best in 20 or so years according to the recruitniks.

32 commits? :wow:
7 over the 25 alloted, did you guys have that many leftover scholarships from last year? If so I had no idea you guys had such a rough recruiting season last year. It's got to feel good getting them all filled. :thumbsup:

2 were backcounters to last year.

Only 25 can report on scholarship in August.

4 will probably go JUCO or prep school.

1 is a Bryant scholar and will not be a counter until he plays in a game.

Any left over 25 will be greyshirted.

Yep. Auburn's class is just horrible. They will never be able to compete in the SEC West again. Word is the rest of the SEC is just giving up now because Alabama has never gotten the top players in the state of Alabama before. Doomed!

If you know the cycle you know what is about to happen. When Tubbs started coaching he had Dubose, Donnan, and Spurrier to recruit against. Now that trio is Saban, Richt, and Meyer. Those are the main schools AU recruits against.

There is a lot of talent in Alabama high school football. It is a very big deal down there. We'll see about this year's Alabama class. They always get the top guys in-state.

If I remember correctly Alabama is about 6th in players in the NFL per capita. By numbers they are 13th in players in the NFL.

Bama is 23rd in population of the 50 states.

This is just a great year.

If you know the cycle you know what is about to happen. When Tubbs started coaching he had Dubose, Donnan, and Spurrier to recruit against. Now that trio is Saban, Richt, and Meyer. Those are the main schools AU recruits against.

Auburn will never win another game for the rest of time.

If I remember correctly Alabama is about 6th in players in the NFL per capita. By numbers they are 13th in players in the NFL.

Bama is 23rd in population of the 50 states.

This is just a great year.

Yup, I just looked and 3 5-star players and 13 4-star players came out of Alabama this year. And Auburn only got one of those. :wow:

Yup, I just looked and 3 5-star players and 13 4-star players came out of Alabama this year. And Auburn only got one of those. :wow:

Auburn rarely does well in-state, especially northern Alabama, and focuses more energy in southern Alabama, Georgia, and the Florida panhandle. They have also started to recruit southern Florida as well.

Back