1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Barking Carnival OU preview

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffarino, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

http://barkingcarnival.com/2009/09/03/2009-oklahoma-football-preview-state-of-the-union/

These guys crack me up. Some gems from the article:

I think UBT might be on the way to this guy's house to burn it down. :lol:

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

3. B1Buff

B1Buff Active Member

Hilarious...my favorite line:

4. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

There's not one cotton-picking reference to OU's proud and underreported history of charitable giving! Speaking of which, I wonder if some cancer kid is walking around with a wig made from UBT's hyper-sensitive and judgemental locks.

5. Gum San

Gum San Guest

ROFLMAO:rofl2: funny and telling, a scathing review of the Dirtburglars!

6. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

:cool: project much?

i guess i am broken hearted that we are going to have to pass on your invite to congregate for a watch party. thank you for thinking of us and sending a pm.

7. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

UBT was one of the better 'other' fan posters-- he jumped down someones throat. So what. We all have days were we are tired (and he works midnights) and are grumpy. I would prefer we don't run him off.

8. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

ask hornfan about Chris Klotz banging his gf's head into a car window and they are less self-righteous.

9. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

What did I miss? Now that you mention it, I haven't seen the Dude post in a while. Fill me in.

10. ladyblaise

the rino / skid anti-ubt internet popularity contest is nothing new, fib. nor is it a factor that would run him off.

for the past month, he has been completely involved in taking care of every detail of our existence, because in addition to working 80-85 hours a week, i also was getting my padi open water certification (something he really wanted me to do).

it is not slowing down for him either, each weekend that we go to a game or to a dive is another that he has to attend to a thousand details and make things happen. he is a trooper. i guess that after having to jump through as hoops (so i can pursue some things i am interested in) he does not want to take in a game next to someone who tends to make him defend his fanhood. in other words, this whole thing is much to do about nothing. the parties can either move on (he has) or continue pouting about it.

i saw something about denmark and you, fib. can you send a pm?

i think these types of articles (barking carnival) are hysterical so long as you can also laugh when their sarcasm is aimed homeward to cu. i suspect many here cannot crack a grin when that happens.

11. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I know I can. You go to any fan site and you can change the names of the teams and have the same thing day in and day out. We are all very much alike, no matter how vehemently we deny it.

12. ladyblaise

troo troo!

13. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

First and foremost, I am greatful for the update. It was strange to see the both of you disappear from the board for an extended period over the summer with little or no news in these parts. The most important thing as that you guys are accounted for.

I can appriciate not wanting to sit next to somebody who tends to rub you the wrong way. Moreso if it's amidst 70K longhorn fans on a what will be an emotionally charged Saturday. No biggie. My wife doesn't want to be there, either.

However different UBT and I might percieve the contributions of Barry Switzer (or Coach Mac) it would be incorrect to say I am questioning UBT's fanhood. Having that dialog in a thread or over beer would likely go a long way towards clearing any beef I have with UBT.

FWIW, I can testify that it is an unbiased truth that UBT is one of the most loyal, knowlegable and passionate Sooner fans and college football fans I've ever met.

When things settle down, I for one look forward to his return to the boards, if that's in the cards.

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  14. ladyblaise

i'm sure that beer would go a long way in re-establishing your connection. :thumbsup:

i am not sure if things will settle down any soon. they haven't yet, and its been a couple or three months.