What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Barnett on the Fan, just ripped the CU administration.

Honestly, I miss Gary Barnett. I know I'm in the minority here, but I think he is a good football coach. He can develop players, and could recruit. You get what you get with him. You are going to contend for conference championships, win them occasionally, and have some seasons that are just completely lost.

At this point, his coaching capital looks to be in the negative, doesn't look like he will be back on the BCS level. But man, would I have enjoyed watching MJD and Jeremy Maclin rather than Hawk's steaming pile of garbage. And I always wonder about the Northwestern J-School grad sportswriters playing a role in his demise... Rick Morrissey of the Chicago Tribune never lets down, he tries to associate every bad thing in college football with Gary Barnett, bitter much?

Gary Barnett > Dan Hawkins

To a point I agree with you. Remember that CU imposed serious restrictions on when and how by what he means he did his recruiting his last year at CU. Additionally, since the Ochs and Marquesha debacle he stopped going after highly rated (prima donna) recruits because of their parents and their egos. That left us with a lot of well developed blue collar guys that enabled us to hang with mid level teams. But when we played a Miami or FSU or Texas we got throttled. That was not smart on his part.

And another thing; Booger was still and probably would still be the OC. Nebraska fans on my Facebook page are nearly begging us to hire him for our HC just get booger off of their hands. He only still has a job because he protected NUs class between the Caliban and Bo era.

Ok, I'm not the smartest guy in the room. You tell me what I'm missing, what I'm not comprehending from this post: "...and it's not like at UT or NU that all the faculty are big football fans who grease the wheels in the classroom".

Seems like I answered that directly, but I'm just a simple caveman.

Let's walk through this. For your benefit.

The quote Mick responded to about how CU's academic hate for football is overblown (exaggerated).
Hasn't Mick said numerous times the academic hate for football is seriously overblown?

Mick's response, saying that it is overblown, so there isn't a lot of hate, and that at UT and NU it's not like the faculty are big football fans there. Read that last sentence. At every school, the academics are similarly indifferent towards football. As in, not haters, not supporters.
yes. and it's not like at UT or NU that all the faculty are big football fans who grease the wheels in the classroom. they are similarly indifferent.

Your post that misunderstood what Mick was saying.
I think you have a major misconception about the UT faculty. I’m sure there are football fans among them, but UT is no different from any other ranked academic institution with regard to the general makeup of the faculty. They are “academic types” and probably very few even went to UT or even care about football. If you think UT profs are a bunch of good ole boys you are sadly mistaken. High school, sure, but not profs at UT. Try taking an engineering class. They barely speak English. They don’t even know what football is.

Mick telling you to re-read his ****, cause you got it wrong.
reading comprehension, bevo

You getting it wrong again.
Ok, I'm not the smartest guy in the room. You tell me what I'm missing, what I'm not comprehending from this post: "...and it's not like at UT or NU that all the faculty are big football fans who grease the wheels in the classroom".

Seems like I answered that directly, but I'm just a simple caveman.

You got it, pal?

Hey easy on bashing a GJHS Tiger. Here is statue on Main St.

059-08K26.jpg

Old naked dudes in bathtubs aren't my thing, but hey whatever floats your boat....:smile2:

Let's walk through this. For your benefit.

The quote Mick responded to about how CU's academic hate for football is overblown (exaggerated).

Mick's response, saying that it is overblown, so there isn't a lot of hate, and that at UT and NU it's not like the faculty are big football fans there. Read that last sentence. At every school, the academics are similarly indifferent towards football. As in, not haters, not supporters.

Your post that misunderstood what Mick was saying.

Mick telling you to re-read his ****, cause you got it wrong.

You getting it wrong again.

You got it, pal?

After rereading the post in question, I now see how I misunderstood the message. The sentence was a little awkward, at least to me it was, but I get it now. Thanks pal.

Back