1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baseball GM's Pick Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by buff4bcs1985, Mar 20, 2010.

1. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

Anyone want to trade draft picks

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

What you don't want Pujols?

3. buff4bcs1985

no i want to move up some more lol i wanna move back into the top 10 or no less than 15

4. JimmyBuff

I would probably trade with you if I had the 12 or 13 th pick in the 2nd round.. At 17 though not much incentive to make a move.

5. buff4bcs1985

unless you wanna give me 3 and a 23 for 20 21 and the 101

6. JimmyBuff

I have 4 and 17 then 23.. you can't trade 3 for 2 picks since everyone has to have equal picks.. We would have to switch spots later a round..

Let me think about it.. I might be willingly to part with 4 and my pick in the 5th or 6th round for 20 and 21..

7. buff4bcs1985

did you decide?

8. JimmyBuff

Yes... I think I'm going to stay where I am.. Unless you want to make me an offer.

9. buff4bcs1985

i am 4 and the your 6th for 20 21

10. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

I owned this biootch and this season will prove it.

11. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm pretty happy with my team. I had to take some high risk guys on offense to get the pitching staff I have, but I also got lucky with some guys falling to me.

12. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

I like mine as well. I definitely have some weaknesses, but think I have a solid OF with Ellsbury, Mclouth, Mccutcheon, Bay (Yaa pirates/former pirates), Hunter and some SP with some potential (Josh Johnson, Jurgens, Cain, Webb)

13. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Seems like most of us are at least reasonably happy with our teams so far... :thumbsup:

I've definitely got a couple of boom/bust type catchers in Wieters and Soto, hopefully they come through. Pena, Kinsler, Tulo and Young gives me an IF with a lot of pop, especially if I can keep Cuddyer as my extra IF. But if I need him in the OF I could have trouble. Don't worry about Holliday, or really even Markakis, but Nyjer Morgan, Drew and Chris Young kind of scare the **** out of me.... so does using Big Papi as my util guy.

Pretty happy with the pitching - Haren, Carpenter and Lackey should be really good for SP, and Broxton, K-Rod and Joba should be a good start on the bullpen. A little nervous about guys like Marmol and Wagner, though...

14. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

you guys are done, DONE.

and 4bcs, you have the ****tiest team by far. man.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  15. JimmyBuff

I like my team.. I stayed true to my draft board up until Round 10 (with the exception of Toree Hunter who I skipped since i already had 4 OF).. If I had to do it again, I'd probably would have ranked and taken Zimmerman in Round 2 over Crawford.. I was hoping he would last until Round 3 but Bob Loblaw took him two picks before me.. I was surprised to get Lind and Butler where I did (7th and 9th round).. Little bit concerned about Wandy Rodriguez but in Round 10, I thought it was good value.. Oswalt or Hudson late in the draft is good value. If one of them has a good year I'll be happy and I'll dump the other for a reliever..

bcs's outfield is funny to look at.. :rofl:

16. JimmyBuff

your top 3 picks are tough to beat.. Ramirez, Cabrera and Zimmerman are really good..

17. Junction

:nod:

Of course, there's always the question of whether Cabrera will show up weighing 350 pounds, but other than that Teets did very well with those first few picks...

18. JimmyBuff

Yeah that's what I was afraid of.. I had Crawford ahead of him in the rankings along with Zimmerman due to that fact that I don't know what to make of him this year.. Will he be hungry to make up for his clown act at the end of last season or will he just be hungry for Popeye's chicken? And with the 1B position so deep this year, I figured I could pass on him.. Not sure I made the right choice with Zimmerman though since my starting 3B is Chone Figgins.. I should do well in the SB category though.. :lol:

19. Junction

I was just looking at that. You've definitely got the speed thing nailed down. Once I get past Nyjer Morgan, my next best stolen base guys are pretty much in the 15-20 range... :huh: Of course, if Chris Young can actually get on base more than once a week this year, that might improve... :lol:

20. JimmyBuff

I took Rajai Davis late just for a trade down the line since some projections have him stealing 70 bases this year. :wow: I'll probably platoon Davis, Garrett Jones and Swisher in the last OF spot at the beginning..

Morgan was at the top of my board during the mid rounds but I couldn't take him since I had other needs. 16th round for him is good value.. One of my friends leagues someone took Morgan in the Round 9.. :wow: And it was a 10 team league too.

21. Junction

Garrett Jones was somebody I looked at, but the way he came out of nowhere made me more than a little nervous he'd go right back there... :lol: And I didn't take Swisher because I hate the ****ing Yankmes... :smile2:

22. sweaty teets

miggy came into spring training looking very healthy apparently. i had no problem taking him in late second round. should be a really fun league, lots of guys did well with their draft.

23. JimmyBuff

Yeah, I'm no sold yet on Jones either but after 200 picks its well worth it.. I like Swisher because I think he'll hit 30 HRS and you can't get that kind of value late in the draft..

24. JimmyBuff

I have to laugh when I saw Alex Gordon taken in the 27 round.. I remember everyone talking about him last year as a sure fire star and rookie of the year candidate... Show's how far one can fall..

25. mdelpizzo_1

mdelpizzo_1 My Dixie Wrecked Club Member

I am very happy with my team a lot of people fell to me that I wanted and I have most categories covered the way I wanted to

26. JimmyBuff

just got done with the draft for one of my other leagues.. I like this team much better than the allbuffs one... I had the 2nd pick, 10 team league, snaking draft.. Typical 5 X 5 roto format. Only 1 catcher nik! :lol: 1 C, 1b, 2b, SS, 3b, 1B/3B, 2B/SS, 5OF UTILY 9 pitchers and 3 bench..

Here's my team.

C- Jorge Posada
    1B- Michael Cuddyer
    2B- Brandon Phillips
    SS- Hanley Ramirez
    3B- Ryan Zimmerman- took him in the 3rd Round 22 pick.. :thumbsup:
    2b/SS- Troy Tulowitizki- He was there at the end of the 2nd and I took him over Upton.. I was a greedy bastard with my SS grabbing the two best ones.. :smile2:
    1b/3b- Chipper Jones
    OF- Nelson Cruz
    OF- Adam Lind
    OF- Andrew McCutchen
    OF- Raul Ibanez
    OF- Rajai Davis
    Utility- Garrett Jones
    P- Josh Beckett
    P- Josh Johnson
    P- Clayton Kershaw
    P- Matt Garza
    P- Scott Kazmir
    P- Johnathan Sanchez
    P- Jorge De La Rosa
    P- Ryan Madson
    P- Octavio Dotel

Bench
    P- Leo Nunez
    C- Mike Napoli
    OF- Nick Swisher

I was disappointed I wasn't able to land Billy Butler at 1B in the 8th round.. someone grabbed him ahead of me so my 1B position is a little weak.. I was shocked at the good value of pitchers I got from 10th to the 15th round.. (Johnson, Kershaw and Johnson)

last league I'm in (this one for money) is an auction draft (which I have never done before) roto league, same format as the allbuffs one.. Might have to do some mock drafts or join a free league on espn to get some practice since I've never done auction before.

27. buff4bcs1985

Junc check your inbox

28. sweaty teets

thats a nice little team you got there. if cuddyer stays healthy he will put up some pretty good numbers with the bats he has going in front of him. not tex, fielder, cabrera numbers obviously, but pretty solid. and yes, definitely do an auction mock before hand.

29. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

30. JimmyBuff

I did one auction draft on espn and watched one of my friends finish his at the end.. I think my strategy going in is to get the big stars with power at the 2B, SS and 3B position first because there ended up being a lot of good pitchers and OF still available at the end with everyone just about broke.. Out of 260 cap, I'll probably spend 160 on 7 to 8 players who are either the top of their position in a weak category (3b, ss, 2b) and then grab the best power and speed players in the OF (Cruz, Braun).. I'll always make sure to throw out the players at the beginning (yankees, mets and red sox that are name guys and pitchers) that I don't want any part of so others can start spending their money..

Targeting Hanley, Longoria, Zimmerman, Tulo, Braun, Utley and A-Rod the most.. If I can land 3 of those for less than 100, I'll take it.. Not going to spend anything for pitching until the end..