What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Basketball Facilities Upgrades coming - Keg improvements!

unrelated to the football stuff, timewise. Separate budget and everything. I'm thinking its a far ways off.

As I said in the football facilities thread, this give the AD the opportunity to start selling a vision and providing a platform to generate excitement and interest. They now need to create the publicity campaign that allows the fans and boosters to become part of the process and keep the program in the news. Time to sell a bigger vision for the AD as a big time athletics program.

Hope the new visiting locker room is a dump :nod:

Paint the men's locker room pink. :saythat:

Now I see where the student section is opposite where the GA is over the tunnel. I've sat there for men's games and don't like the view.

I'd love to see the students around the court where many of the people sit on their hands anyway. At least that is the view I see on television. At least have the students where the camera shows the sections all game.

I'm all for any improvements to the keg, but at one point do we start talking about a massive renovation? Obviously, the location of Coors is ideal and there's not really a place, or the money to build a new facility. But would something like the Pauley Pavilion renovation be feasible? Or are these renovations the best we can do? Adding a couple thousand seats would be nice, but that would seem to require sinking the court or really expanding the concourse out and would take alot of time and money (I'm certainly not architect or engineer). Allowing the students to wrap around the court would be nice, but again would seem to require a massive renovation. In general, the keg, to me, is visually unappealing venue that doesn't meet all of our needs at the moment. Is this just something we have live with?

I understand that to get recruits we need the place to be nice.... but I like the small/"visually unappealing" aspect of the Keg. It gives a loud unique atmosphere and homecourt advantage. I'm all for upgrading it, but keep it loud, keep the concrete and keep the atmosphere. I've been to state of the art college facilities such as the Yum center in Louisville and that makes the game seem much more like an NBA game than a college game. Yuck.

Actually I now don't want students in the first 20 rows unless the reconfigure the keg. The students will stand the whole game which will cause everyone behind them to stand as well. It looks like there is a concourse between the students and other seating in all the photos above.

There are two solutions to this problem:

1. Tarp off a few rows behind the student section to ensure that views from above aren't obstructed...while this is a cheap fix, this would mean a loss of revenue due to unsold seats that would be tarped...some schools do use this approach...

2. Redesign the lower part of the bowl of the CEC so that there is a wall behind the last row of the new student section, so that students can stand up and not obstruct the views behind them...you can see this effect in the bleachers of the lower part of Michigan's Crisler Center...rosstr has pictured it full above...here is what it looks like empty...

1329754914_normal.jpg

You can't see our section from tv. We need them to be court side. Like duke or florida.

Florida's set-up is such that the student section near the court that you see on TV is with their backs to the cameras...also, an interesting thing they do there there is that there are essentially two student sections at Florida...Florida holds about 2,500 seats for students and it is basically a first-come, first-serve setup at UF, with the first 1000 students getting to sit in the courtside Rowdy Reptiles section, which is what you see on TV...the remaining 1,500 are relegated to sit in the nosebleed General Admission sections of the arena, far away from the Rowdy Reptiles...it definitely serves as an incentive for students to get to games/get in line for games early to avoid being relegated to the top of the arena...

It'd really nice if any upgrades included an overhaul of the ventilation system so that it's not 90 degrees during a game even when its 30 degrees outside.

I hear all the positives about the students around the court, but it is kind of fun when the camera pans over the rowdy student section that disappears in the dark up towards the concourse.

I hear all the positives about the students around the court, but it is kind of fun when the camera pans over the rowdy student section that disappears in the dark up towards the concourse.

I think it makes our student section unique that way. Now maybe they do bring the students down closer to the court and wrap around the visitor bench, without stretching them out all along the perimeter. Something like making the bleachers and the first few rows of the seats up at the top open to GA, take a out a row or two for a wall, and then bring the C-Unit down the corner behind the visitors.

CU has been much too kind to where the visitors' freebie tickets are--right behind their bench. I have had tickets in the rafters at many women's games over the years that were player comps. Even at Illinois, we were behind the bench, but quite a distance back. Usher told us that is not where we would have been had it been a men's game.

Iowa State still has two rows of player comp tickets behind the visitor's bench. Most of those tickets are not good, so CU should put the player comps far away from their bench.

CU has been much too kind to where the visitors' freebie tickets are--right behind their bench. I have had tickets in the rafters at many women's games over the years that were player comps. Even at Illinois, we were behind the bench, but quite a distance back. Usher told us that is not where we would have been had it been a men's game.

Iowa State still has two rows of player comp tickets behind the visitor's bench. Most of those tickets are not good, so CU should put the player comps far away from their bench.

It's the same issue in football, maybe worse. We give the other team's fans one end zone and the field seats in the corner. For half the game, the visitors have a home field advantage for goal line situations. Stupidest setup I have ever seen. My biggest hope from Folsom stadium renovations is that by the end of Phase IV we have an enclosed end zone by Dal Ward filled with CU fans and the visitors are relegated to some new upper deck cheap seats on the same side but in the opposite corner where our band will drown them out.

I've used player comp tickets once, when San Diego played at Wyoming several years ago. I basically got all the player tickets from my buddy on the team, because no one wants to go to Laramie in the middle of December from San Diego. 4 of the tickets I got were directly behind the bench, the rest were like 50 rows back in the corner.

The only all buffs box I would support is right behind the visitors bench. I'm not trying to watch games 40 rows up. **** that ****.

NO! Courtside, so helpful, non-biased constructive criticism of the officiating could be easily be offered within earshot of said officials.

I've used player comp tickets once, when San Diego played at Wyoming several years ago. I basically got all the player tickets from my buddy on the team, because no one wants to go to Laramie in the middle of December from San Diego. 4 of the tickets I got were directly behind the bench, the rest were like 50 rows back in the corner.

Had player/coach comp tickets last night at AFA v. Wyo. They were first row behind Wyo bench. I have to admit, there were only a few hundred cadets, but they are right next to visitor bench and they rode them HARD. Leonard Washington was fit to be tied after they kept chanting "how's Probation" every time he touched the ball.

Back