What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Basketball Schedules for 2011-12 Pac-12 Season

Looks like we still need to add 2 games to get to 30. Probably a couple cupcakes ahead of the AFA road game.

Wow. That is one HELL of a first 3 game schedule. @AF, Georgia, @CSU. Only Georgia will out talent us, but the determination from the other 2 certainly will be full bore. No real warmup games unless PR is easy...

Not the ideal home schedule I was hoping for, but solid overall. The PR Tipoff should give us some solid opponents, so it's up to us to get a few wins there.

EDIT -- for those that don't know, the other teams invited to the PR Tipoff are Alabama (I want revenge), Iona, Maryland, Purdue, Temple, Western Michigan and Wichita State. Some good competition there. Hopefully we can get the two games 'Nik mentioned before we head down there for a little tune-up.

Last edited:
So much for boosting SOS, I guess. Georgia ended the year with a 47 RPI, CSU with a 50. Fresno - 203 RPI, Wyoming - 264, Cal Bakersfield - 310, Texas Southern - 192, Air Force 110.

Nice to see lessons were learned. :huh:

We will have an improvement though if for no other reason than the PR Tipoff. Gotta avoid Western Michigan though.

* Alabama - 59
* Iona - 68
* Maryland - 97
* Purdue - 14
* Temple - 28
* Western Michigan - 179
* Wichita State - 35

We will have an improvement though if for no other reason than the PR Tipoff. Gotta avoid Western Michigan though.

* Alabama - 59
* Iona - 68
* Maryland - 97
* Purdue - 14
* Temple - 28
* Western Michigan - 179
* Wichita State - 35

True.

We also don't spend so much time in the 300s (Idaho St., Alcorn St., Texas Pan Am, Longwood, Maryland Eastern Shore, etc.) so that is helpful.

It's hardly the non-conference schedule most of us were hoping for (although I'm with Snow when it comes to how tricky the early portion is), but it is an improvement.

Looks like it's going to be a 1 game home addition.

This schedule is plenty strong enough. I'd say that it's right where it needs to be for where we're at as a program. Enough winnable games to have some confidence about making the NIT and enough going on with RPI that we could be on the right side of the bubble for the NCAA if we do better than expected with our overall record and Pac-12 finish.

I'm very happy with this.

Something to keep in mind is that we'll be able to pay more to visitors and attract better home games as the revenue value of our home games goes up (packed crowds, higher ticket prices, larger season ticket base (with donations tied to season tix), being able to charge for parking, etc.). It's a process.

not optimal, but shows a push in the right direction.

Yep.

Pretty amazing with the set-up though. We don't leave the state from late November until after New Year's. No excuse for the team not to gain some confidence.

Wow, big change from last year OOC. PR tip off is going to be great for this team. Would be nice to get Maryland with Turgeon or a rematch with Alabama after the 1 pt loss in MSG. It's good the Maryland-Eastern Shore's of last year have been replaced with Wyoming's.

The one unfortunate thing as I see it is CU's first three Pac home games in the form of Utah, UW and Wazzu (first 3 Pac games overall) are going to occur over Christmas Break, so the students won't be around to get the CEC rocking. Hopefully they're able to still get big crowds in there, getting off to a slow start in league play by not taking care of business at home would suck.

Like the Buffs, the Pac is very much in rebuilding mode for basketball.

Last edited:
Looks like it's going to be a 1 game home addition.

Any idea if it's going to be before the PR tipoff? I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous about starting our season out that way. I'd love to at least get our feet a little wet first.

Any idea if it's going to be before the PR tipoff? I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous about starting our season out that way. I'd love to at least get our feet a little wet first.
Adding a game before the PR tip-off would seem the likely choice. Women open up about a week before the men, as it shows right now, so they have the room in there to add another game.

Speaking of the women, any thoughts on their upcoming season BeBe?

It's hardly the non-conference schedule most of us were hoping for (although I'm with Snow when it comes to how tricky the early portion is), but it is an improvement.

why the name change maverick?

No pics. I can try to find the magazine article about me from when I lost my job thanks to my boss dying and leaving the company to her pet parrot though.

True.

We also don't spend so much time in the 300s (Idaho St., Alcorn St., Texas Pan Am, Longwood, Maryland Eastern Shore, etc.) so that is helpful.

:nod: This might be the most important part of the schedule.

Dissapointed the CSU game is on a Wednesday night instead of a weekend game. Both AD's are missing the boat here imo. But other than that looks ok.

:nod: This might be the most important part of the schedule.

Dissapointed the CSU game is on a Wednesday night instead of a weekend game. Both AD's are missing the boat here imo. But other than that looks ok.
welcome back. the season is coming!

I'm fed up with the NBA. Plus I have the nickname Goose at work (thanks to my incredibly bad luck with birds).
he pulled a fabio
[video=youtube;U8PgcCe3P_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8PgcCe3P_c[/video]

Last edited:
All hail ScheduleMatic. Old blog post from Ken Pomeroy about how he would spice up the opening of college basketball season by having a computer program assign every team's first two games -- one home and one away -- going by rankings & geographic location. CU would end up with New Mexico at home and playing at Texas A&M for our away game in this situation.

Back