What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baxter the USC special teams coach is available

Where will be beat next year? It's possible, but probable that we will be staying home.

We will be better, but I expect us to be competitive against everyone. No blowouts. The heat will come due to our crappy (again!) recruiting, poor STs and Folsom being a ghost town.

Us diehards will see the improvement, but casual fans won't show up next year. We are going to have to win without a rocking Folsom and that's tough to do.

While Folsom wasn't as full as it could be, it was still a pretty good advantage for every home game we had.

2013 CSU >> 2014 CSU due to them losing basically their whole OL + best TE + best defensive player
UMass (#191 in the Sagarin Rankings) vs. Central Arkansas (#135 in the Sagarin Rankings) - yes road game but it's against a awful MAC team with a new HC (spare me the Toledo comparsions)
Oregon State at home vs. on the road
Utah at home vs. on the road
UCLA at home vs. on the road
UW at home vs. on the road with a new coach

So why isn't our schedule easier? Two more winnable conference games at home (OSU and Utah) vs. one last year (Cal), about the same OOC schedule and a team like Arizona who loses Denker and Karey on the road compared to a loaded ASU team on the road. It's fine if you want to disagree but don't come in and just say false without backing up your argument.

2013 CSU >> 2014 CSU due to them losing basically their whole OL + best TE + best defensive player
UMass (#191 in the Sagarin Rankings) vs. Central Arkansas (#135 in the Sagarin Rankings) - yes road game but it's against a awful MAC team with a new HC (spare me the Toledo comparsions)

So why isn't our schedule easier? Two more winnable conference games at home (OSU and Utah) vs. one last year (Cal), about the same OOC schedule and a team like Arizona who loses Denker and Karey on the road compared to a loaded ASU team on the road. It's fine if you want to disagree but don't come in and just say false without backing up your argument.

I love how you give abs **** for his comment about losing PRich, then in your very next post explain how our schedule is easier, in part, because our opponents are losing some of their better players. Well done.

Playing UMASS across the country in Foxboro>>>Charleston Southern at home on short notice.
Cal on the road is now a much less winnable game and they will be better
Oregon and USC now on the road...forget it
Arizona on the road, less winnable
Our best chances in conference next year are to an OSU team at home that whipped us this year, and probably Utah.

Well for starters our schedule is easier next year

Seriously?

We replace Central Arkansas and Charleston Southern (two FCS schools) with U-Mass and Hawaii - two FBS schools. One of those games is on the road across two time zones. In case you haven't noticed, we don't play particularly well on the road. Opponent be damned. (Remember Toledo?)

Every other team we play the same as last year. Care to reconsider that last statement?

I fail to see how an easier schedule leads to a bowl game. I hope it does. I really do. Unless the pac12 has a down year I just don't see how it translates to more wins. There were a lot of really good teams and few bad ones. Unfortunately, we were one of the bad ones.

But did you see how bad we were in the trenches? We are losing our only playmaker on offense and our special teams got better, but are hot garbage instead of a dumpster fire.

It's doubtful we have any studs like gillam at true frosh again. Without any studs at WR we are going to have Sefo facing a stacked box and a lot of blitzes. What happens if he goes down? And until our OL and DL show up, I can't expect much from them.

Our defense should be better. That's why I'm thinking we are going to keep games closer. Unfortunately in the pac12 teams can put up a lot of points and we might average less next year.

I fail to see how the schedule is any easier next year. The mere fact that we get 5 home conference games as opposed to 4 is supposed to make a difference?

Seriously?

We replace Central Arkansas and Charleston Southern (two FCS schools) with U-Mass and Hawaii - two FBS schools. One of those games is on the road across two time zones. In case you haven't noticed, we don't play particularly well on the road. Opponent be damned. (Remember Toledo?)

Every other team we play the same as last year. Care to reconsider that last statement?
Nope, I'm sticking by the easier schedule statement. Utah and OSU are winnable games, both were on the road last year. Both are at home this year. UMass is a god, and I mean a god awful MAC school who will have a new coaching staff and it's a neutral site, not a true road game as it is being played in Foxborough. According to the Sagarin rankings we played the #7 toughest schedule in the country in 2013, odds are that you are not going to play a tougher one than that, especially since ASU and UA should take a step back. I would bet money that the FCS schools we played would beat UMass fairly easily and would also beat Hawaii more often than not. I also think people are discounting it being the 2nd year and us FINALLY having a upperclassmen defense for the most part.

And yes I remember Toledo, I also recall us having the same coach who blew a 28 point 4th quarter lead to get his son the passing record. MacIntyre could and would coach circles around Hawkins every day of the week.

Nope, I'm sticking by the easier schedule statement. Utah and OSU are winnable games, both were on the road last year. Both are at home this year. UMass is a god, and I mean a god awful MAC school who will have a new coaching staff and it's a neutral site, not a true road game as it is being played in Foxborough. According to the Sagarin rankings we played the #7 toughest schedule in the country in 2013, odds are that you are not going to play a tougher one than that, especially since ASU and UA should take a step back. I would bet money that the FCS schools we played would beat UMass fairly easily and would also beat Hawaii more often than not. I also think people are discounting it being the 2nd year and us FINALLY having a upperclassmen defense for the most part.

And yes I remember Toledo, I also recall us having the same coach who blew a 28 point 4th quarter lead to get his son the passing record. MacIntyre could and would coach circles around Hawkins every day of the week.

Good to know it's only our defense that will be better.

Playing in Foxboro not a true road game...right.

Our only Pac 12 win from last year is now a road game.

We play Oregon state early in the year and at home. Riley's teams don't show up early in the season. Toss up, maybe.

Whittingham is feeling the pressure. His seat may be en fuego by the time they play in Boulder. Another toss up.

We still suck major ass on the road. The Cal game is a toss up. Umass sucks, but on the road. Not a toss up, but could be more difficult than expected.

I expect next year to be a year where we keep home field. The year after I expect us to do much better on the road. I'm not expecting a bowl for at least another year.

We may be in contention until the last week. That would be HUGE IMO.

4 Pac-12 W's in 3 years. I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 3-0 in non-conf, but Pac-12 W's have been hard to come by so I'm not counting on more than 1-2

I just hope we win 5. Not sure I see more than that, but we need to show improvement. Another 4 win season (or less) will be hard on the rebuild.

Where will be beat next year? It's possible, but probable that we will be staying home.

We will be better, but I expect us to be competitive against everyone. No blowouts. The heat will come due to our crappy (again!) recruiting, poor STs and Folsom being a ghost town.

Us diehards will see the improvement, but casual fans won't show up next year. We are going to have to win without a rocking Folsom and that's tough to do.

The unwinable games dont matter if they are home or away, so putting them away and having the games we have a chance in at home---I would agree that that has to help us.

This is where playing 9 pac12 game hurts. Yeah we always get to play in SoCal (and same for our northern brethren), but do we have to play UO 6 straight years? If we played another scrub we'd be that much closer to getting into a bowl game. Yeah, it'd be bugeater like, but **** it, I want to go to the NM bowl.

While Folsom wasn't as full as it could be, it was still a pretty good advantage for every home game we had.

With USC and Oregon on the road we don't have any national teams coming to Folsom. Udub, ASU, OSU and UCLA are coming to town. Are people going to renew their tickets? How many walk ups are we going to get? CSU and Havayee are also at home. No big draw there.

Are we going to go yet another year without getting a national tv spot? Does FS1 count as national now? It might at some point, but I'm not sure it's there yet.

There's going to be a firesale and unless you want to move up and get better seats there's going to be fewer renewals. We lost a lot last year and given that a lot of people are paying good money to sit next to someone that paid 4 for $45 something's gotta give.

I can't really even justify going up to Boulder now that the team is awful and I don't have any friends left in Boulder, really. I'm saving my money for the bbal tourney or the NCAAs.

The students failed to show up this year. I'm thinking we need to move them out of the good sections and make it more attractive for people to be season ticket holders in section 119ish.

The amount of ****s given with my grammar on the internet is approaching zero

And thus your GPA next year because profs (believe it or not) DO give two ****s.:lol:

And this is a "do as I say, not as I did" type post too, tini.

The unwinable games dont matter if they are home or away, so putting them away and having the games we have a chance in at home---I would agree that that has to help us.
Pretty much my whole point

And thus your GPA next year because profs (believe it or not) DO give two ****s.:lol:

And this is a "do as I say, not as I did" type post too, tini.
:lol:

Back