What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Fans Are So Cute

I get increasingly more frustrated as I read each page of this thread. I can't believe the negative outlook that is being exhibited here. MWC and C-USA in their current make-up are not even options. Baylor is a Top 20 Football team, a top 10 Men's Basketball team, and a pre-season #1 Women's Basketball team dammit, act like it! When the super-conference musical chairs ends there will be a seat for Baylor, count on it.

:lol:

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218230&page=7

OMFG. I thought UTerus was delusional. **** anyone can take the best year they had in their history of each sport and make it sound good. So I take it we are the #1 football school, top #4 bball school, at least a top 20 (i'm assuming, but we are probably better) wbb school, probably a ranked baseball school, etc. Just because you have a good season in a sport doesn't make you a historically good team. Baylor must face reality, a top 10 wbb school (probably continue dropping when Griner is gone), top 40 mbb school, and maybe a top 100 football school

Now you guys got me started. Everytime I go there I lose myself for hours laughing at these fools

[h=2]One thing has become embarrassingly clear for Texas, A&M, and Tech[/h]
The state schools do not want us, are not looking out for us, and in fact are lobbying against us. The only question remaining is why? They take Central Texas taxes, why would they do something that would directly damage Central Texas? The citizens of this state do benefit from Baylor being in a BCS conference. It means thousands of jobs and money to Central Texas, Houston and Dallas where BU alums live, and attend games that Baylor plays in (Elite 8, Gonzaga and Arkansas at AAC, Texas Bowl, etc.).

Again, why do taxpayer-supported institutions not want Baylor in the BCS? Every other state in the union would be trying to get as many of it's schools into the BCS as possible. But not for Baylor. Why not?

One reason and one reason only.

RECRUITING.

Have you ever seen newspapers in a state abandon one of it's own institutions the way the Chronicle and Dallas Morning News have Baylor? Jerome Solomon and Richard Justice have been poisoning the well for weeks, if not months about how Baylor should be kicked to the curb. You can thank Texas and A&M influence for that.

Those schools do not want Baylor competing for recruits. Baylor's success has always directly negatively impacted Texas and A&M's success. Other than recruiting, There is no reason for the state of Texas to NOT be stepping up and trying to secure Baylor's spot in the realignment. It is undeniably better for the state of Texas to have more teams in the BCS. Nobody would argue otherwise.

Baylor has EARNED a spot on the court/field. Baylor arguably has the most successful overall athletic department of any school in this great state. Football has managed to return to competitive, with a real shot at being the best in the state with Griffin poised to remain here two more seasons.

It's embarrassing for the state of Texas that it's public institutions would do harm to the economy of Central Texas so that it's athletic teams can get a leg up in recruiting.

Last one before bed

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by canada78
Be honest...the real issue is your egos are getting splattered. Should have dumped more money into the program while you had the Big 12 helping you out.

No ones fault...maybe you get the Big East and you all can breath a huge sigh of relief..........then resume with the attitude.

Again...where was all this 'state pride' when TCU got the shaft ?

I am fed up with these outrageous statements by aggies, horns, frogs, cowboys, raiders and sooners.

But, let's just limit this to the State of Texas on most points:

1. aggys are dependent upon the tax payers of the State of Texas. We have always subsidized your school and your tuition to make it less than we had to pay.

2. If one goes to a public school, it doesn't make that person special or better, or more entitled, and should't have made them more arrogant, but it has, and has no basis.

3. aggy, horns, sooners, red raiders have spent years making fun of Baylor, negative recruiting us, stealing any prize recruits we tried to sign to help our football program, at every turn, if they could. Yet, we are at fault for having all those losing records?

4. So if the Big 8 comes up with an idea to expand and was helped to destroy the SWC by the two instigators, aggy and Texas, and Baylor and TT were allowed to come along for the ride with the Big 12, why does Baylor get blamed for leaving TCU, Rice, Houston, and SMU in the dust? It was the aggys and horns who were abandoning all of us, not Baylor. Just as today, they are trying to destroy the Big 12, will they blame Baylor down the road if we remain part of a BCS conference? aggys and horns abandoned TCU, get it!

5. The real problem with aggy and horn types is that they really hate the possibility of losing to Baylor. They view themselves as somehow, vastly superior human beings if they went to school there, and getting swept in Basketball, or upset in Austin in Football is so demeaning to these folks. They need to look in the mirror, and remember, they are nothing but Wards of the State, and created and supported by the Taxpayers of the St of Texas.

6. This is too long, but, I want Baylor to go on a crusade. I don't want to be selling them on common sense about the cost of travel to the Pacific Coast, or the Atlantic Coast for all those programs, the lack of study time for all the athletes, the impact of all the dollars to Waco Citizens who have equal rights to citizens in Austin or Bryan as taxpayers who need to be protected. I want all of us to pressure Ken Starr, and our Board of Directors, not to beg to be included in any new conference, but to sue these aggys into submission.

I want to sue them, bring them to their knees. I want to include The SEC, the PAC 10, no matter. I want Baylor to stand up for the citizens of the State of Texas who reside in whatever areas that are going to be negatively impacted by these egotistical blowhards that are part of aggy and Texas, and I want Baylor to file lawsuits, get injuctions against the SEC and the PAC 10. I want to see all their records of all correspondence between aggy and the SEC that have been ongoing for over a year. I want them and this into the hands of a judge, quickly.

Baylor made some bad coaching decisions that hurt us, but aggy and horns did all they could to pile on us while we were down, redicule us, laugh at us, injure our reputation to keep us down. And I know all that is fair as far as competition is concerned, but I'll be damned if we have to take them trying to make us feel guilty because they are not living up to the contracts and committment they agreed to less than a year ago.

WE are up now, and we are fighting back to a great and respectable football program. None of us should be made to feel guilty.

These wards of the state are guilty of BREACH of Contract, at the least. They must answer to our legislature and the judicial system, and more importantly, to the Citizens of Waco, and Texas in general.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218204&page=5

T
hank god we have a seat at the table, I wouldn't want to sink to the level of desperation that Baylor displays

Everyone in Texas is delusional - sue him, no sue HIM, SUE EVERYBODY! How the **** can they possibly get the Texas legislature to get an injunction on any of this ****? Doesn't make sense to me. Not like CU had to have the Colorado State Legislature pass a bill that the Gov. signed to allow us to go to tthe Pac-12.

Where do these Baylor 'tards think the TX State Legislature has any power in this, much less, CARES?

The Colorado legislature doesn't give 2 ****s :lol:

Can you imagine if CSU, AFA... or maybe more appropriately Regis and DU were making this stink. They would be laughed at for many moons

The Colorado legislature doesn't give 2 ****s :lol:

Can you imagine if CC or Western State... or maybe more appropriately CCD and Front Range were making this stink. They would be laughed at for many moons

fify

This whole thing between Baylor, Texas and the Texas govt seems sleazy, sophomoric, and canonical. Texas has this imperious attitude towards other schools in general. I just don't want them in our conference, they will jockey and manipulate for power the moment they are in.

I wasn't trying to be obtuse. I could have used bureaucratic, but sleazy seemed to make it redundant. I'm usually reduced to blatant vituperation when it concerns Texas' egotism and, what I preceive as, complicity.

Indubitably

Wally has met his vocabularic match....

Too bad all these Texas schools hate each other... It makes it ALMOST too polarizing to hate them all (I still do) and almost means if one suffers, one benefits. Can't they all suffer? I suppose I am indifferent with Tech (though I hate Lubbock), but aTm, UT and Baylor can all (fill in the blank)

Those threads are allsome. Baylor wants us all to believe that they are at once very powerful in the state, but also had no hand in screwing over the other teams in the SWC when they got a Big 12 bid.

Dumb, hypocritical ****sticks IMO.

LOL, there's a funny thread about how the MWC is having a meeting. They are thinking that's a BCS league if they can add them and SMU. :lol:

LOL, there's a funny thread about how the MWC is having a meeting. They are thinking that's a BCS league if they can add them and SMU. :lol:

Well clearly they are right:
USC/Oregon = OSU/Michigan = Alabama/Florida = Baylor/SMU... errr wait

What makes all this even more delicious is that Baylor actually has a football team for the first time in maybe forever. Now it's back to the minors, cubbies. BWAHAHAHA!

I started clicking on posts to multi-link in one big response, but what can you say? There's just so much allsomeness!

The message coming out of Waco is "Texas football owes it to one another...in fact the world, to stick together. And then we've got some (credible? Who knows?) story saying, Baylor is aligning forces to **** TT. Ummm, how is that a consistant message of supporting football in the state of Texas?

And then there's the whole "we're a victim of a Texas conspiracy" theme that I rather enjoy.

And finally, the delusional notion that the state of Texas somehow controls the Pac 12 conference! What is that? Don't they know that there are schools in the Pac 12 that aren't even in Texas (I did the math, there are 12 that fit that description), who actually have some say in this matter?

**** Baylor.

This whole thing between Baylor, Texas and the Texas govt seems sleazy, sophomoric, and canonical. Texas has this imperious attitude towards other schools in general. I just don't want them in our conference, they will jockey and manipulate for power the moment they are in.

you just raised our Goolge IQ score!.we went from a 1st grade reading level to 2nd! allsome!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by canada78
2. If one was born in Texas or lives in Texas, it doesn't make that person special or better, or more entitled, and should't have made them more arrogant, but it has, and has no basis.

Fixed it for that guy.

Seriously... it appears the irony of a Texan complaining about the arrogance of other Texans is completely lost on a graduate of (or at least a fan of) the Harvard of the Central-South-West Southern US. All of the hypocrisy coming out of the Baylor boards is high comedy now. It's like they're finally getting their comeuppance for the SWC disaster. I can't wait until UT finally gets theirs for destroying two conferences.

Last edited:
it occours to me that this thread (especially with the title) requires pics.

baylor-cheerleaders.jpg

The drama seems to be close to bringing the baylorfans.com site down. It's running reeeeaaaaaalllly slow.

The drama seems to be close to bringing the baylorfans.com site down. It's running reeeeaaaaaalllly slow.

Reading earlier they had over 1300 people on, and all of them in complete meltdown. I only hope that they are the glue to keep the Big12-2-1 together for the good of all of Texas.

How does that site get over 3 times more traffic than AllBuffs? Is there really not that much to do out there?

How does that site get over 3 times more traffic than AllBuffs? Is there really not that much to do out there?

You'd think they'd attend a game or two. Probably too busy washing themselves with a rag on a stick.

Back