What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Fans Are So Cute

damn, i tried to do a search on litigation to see how many references I would find but they said I had to join. No thanks.

i'm waiting for the since the Big East is the premier hoops conference, that's where Baylor belongs delusion to surface.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218815

n
ew Glory: ISU, KSU, KU, MU going to Big East. :lol:

I don't think that Texans would mind this. In their dream world, their conference would be the Big 12 South + Arkansas, TCU, SMU and Houston to get to 10 teams.

Since Arky won't come and they're losing Texas A&M (and they probably can't get TCU back into the fold), I guess they'd consider Rice and UTEP. If OU and/or OSU leave, that puts North Texas, Texas State and UTSA into play.

UT might actually go for it if it gets to take all 1st tier rights on LHN and have a home for its other sports. Baylor and TTU would have no choice but to champion this.

looks like they found Jim Rome's rant. [video=youtube;Uj-VinD6jEc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj-VinD6jEc[/video]

Some real gems.

As a follow-up with the Big East, I kind of like their direction to be a 16-team conference:

East: Central Florida, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Florida, Syracuse, Villanova, West Virginia

West: Cincinnati, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Louisville, Missouri, TCU + Houston/Memphis

Let the basketball-only schools merge with the Atlantic-10 and be a big player for hoops.

Good grief, the BU fans are a bunch of whiny hpocritical wusses. They are an embarassing lot even for that candy-assed institution.

As a follow-up with the Big East, I kind of like their direction to be a 16-team conference:

East: Central Florida, Connecticut, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Florida, Syracuse, Villanova, West Virginia

West: Cincinnati, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Louisville, Missouri, TCU + Houston/Memphis

Let the basketball-only schools merge with the Atlantic-10 and be a big player for hoops.

not sure the other original BE basketball only members will go so quietly with being shipping into the A-10. it's a nice league, but that's like CU to the MWC if you are Georgetown, St John's or Seton Hall. but, it's clear that football is reshaping the total landscape....look at the ACC (as our n. carolina buffs have mentioned more than once).

Allsome TCU blog on this :lol:

[h=1]Sucks to B U[/h]
TCU-Logo-0002_tiny.jpg
by Elmo Sledd on Sep 7, 2011 10:38 PM PDT

LM Otero - APMore photos »

Baylor makes me sick. I mean seriously, physically ill
star-divide.v777cf8a.jpg

For those of you randomly surfing the blogosphere, you may think this is some reference to BU’s 2 point win over TCU last Friday. While it is true that game did not make my weekend, neither did it ruin it. I’m actually pretty zen about these things (does that disqualify me from being a sports blogger?). Sure, I woke up at 5 a.m. on Saturday and couldn’t go back to sleep as I relived the last two drives of the game, but then I went to my son’s Pop Warner game, and I confronted the faux sympathy of the other dads (mainly UT fans), and together we cheered our sons to victory, and then, hey, I was over it.

No, my disgust for Baylor is almost two decades in the making. BU’s sanctimony over being included in the Big 12 while the other Texas private schools were excluded is legendary. And now that it faces the same fate it gleefully imposed on TCU 17 years ago (abandonment to football’s hinterlands), Baylor’s sanctimony has been replaced by something even more odious: pure, rank hypocrisy. In an effort to hold back the tide during a college football tsunami, Baylor has taken to the interwebs to implore Texans to sign a petition warning college football power brokers "Don’t Mess with Texas Football." [link]. Their message:

Nothing is more beloved in Texas than Texas football. Entire towns travel to neighboring communities on Friday nights as rivals meet under the Friday night lights; Saturday mornings find families rushing out to pee wee football games and spending their afternoons with friends tailgating or watching some of the most historic and storied football rivalries in the nation; Sunday afternoons see families gathered in living rooms across the state to cheer on the Cowboys or the Texans.
Football in Texas is more than a passing interest, it is a part of the fabric of this great state.

Will Texans stand by and watch hundred-year-old rivalries be cast aside as the state's largest universities align themselves with other states across the country?

Will Texans sit and watch as Texas' flagship universities pledge their loyalties to other states?

Will Texans stand by as our most promising student athletes are lured out of Texas by new rivals?

Will Texans watch as our most precious resources—the great minds of the next generation—are exported to new conference institutions?

Texans must stand up and call the leadership of the University of Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech to clear-headed thinking about the state's future. Texas' flagship institutions of higher learning are the guardians of the state's future—their loyalties must first be to Texas and to her citizens. Ask these leaders to take a stand for Texas and to stop this madness that will lead to the dissolution of the Big 12 and the end of an era for Texas

This might be almost compelling if read in a vacuum. But read in the light of Baylor’s own delight in leaving TCU, SMU, Rice and Houston behind 17 years ago, it makes you want to vomit green and gold. Where was this concern for the century old rivalry BU held with TCU when the Southwest Conference broke up in 1994? Where was the concern when BU and others replaced games in Fort Worth, Dallas, and Houston with games in Boulder, Lincoln and Lawrence? Where was the respect for TCU legends like Sammy Baugh, Davie O’Brien and Bob Lilly? How quickly Baylor forgot all of that in 1994. And how disgusting that they now try to wrap themselves in this banner in 2011. If they truly are concerned about "Texas football," then why not happily accept a new affiliation with Conference USA, where they can continue to be in a conference with 3 other Texas schools (Rice, SMU, and Houston), just as they are now?

17 years ago TCU was left in the dust. TCU didn’t sue. TCU didn’t ask the legislature to protect it. TCU picked itself up off the ground, dusted itself off, and got to work on one of the most remarkable sports turnarounds – and one of the most remarkable sports stories of any kind – of the 21[SUP]st[/SUP] century. But this approach is apparently beneath Baylor. No wait. This approach is way above Baylor.

So sue away Baylor. Keep threatening and begging. Keep spouting arguments that bury you in your own hypocrisy. Too bad I’m not at Baylor, otherwise I could probably come up with a Supreme Court citation or an over-used and poorly understood bible quote to sum this all up in the most sanctimonious fashion possible. Instead, I’ll do so with phrase that has been ringing across the college sports world of late. Baylor, it still, truly, really, "Sucks to B U."

http://www.frogsowar.com/2011/9/8/2411954/sucks-to-b-u

Back