What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor promises to release 2016 Signees from LOIs (5 players released)

So they said they would but they really didn't.

Kind of the opposite of bailer usually does. Did it but claimed they didn't.

This is smart. They take away some of the knee-jerk, quick decision to back out by delaying a couple days, have the families talk to the new coach after they've calmed down a little, and hope they can sell the program despite the turmoil.

I doubt they'll change the minds of most, but even a couple makes it worth it to them.

This is smart. They take away some of the knee-jerk, quick decision to back out by delaying a couple days, have the families talk to the new coach after they've calmed down a little, and hope they can sell the program despite the turmoil.

I doubt they'll change the minds of most, but even a couple makes it worth it to them.

Whose side are you on?

This is a small indication as to how sorry they really aren't. No regret over the rapes and violence committed by their athletes, no regrets over the coverups and situations improperly handled. No regrets over the morally bereft culture that exists. Only regrets over getting caught. And now hesitation when it comes to where it is really going to hurt them - on the field.

Shame on ****bailer!

Baylor has an obligation to hold these young men accountable for their decisions. If they promise to play for Baylor, and then change their minds, it is a quick path to hell. We are ensuring that these young men remain on a moral path at this critical crossroads.

Blessings,

UK

Exactly right except they will change the minds of many.

Baylor has an obligation to hold these young men accountable for their decisions. If they promise to play for Baylor, and then change their minds, it is a quick path to hell. We are ensuring that these young men remain on a moral path at this critical crossroads.

Blessings,

UK

Oh I like the direction this is heading.

I think it's pretty ridiculous to characterize the decision to attempt to attend a university other than Baylor in the wake of what's happening to their program and university right now as "knee-jerk".

Dudes...I would focus on Branton Autry. 320lb JC OG/OT who is ready to play this year! He was offered by everybody! Probably couldn't learn our offense in fall camp, but...

Wow.

Was there an official communication anywhere that said they were released from the LOI? I would think this is something the NCAA could wade into. If there was an official communication I'd think the NCAA could say thats good enough and let the kids be on there way.

So if they dont enroll their clocks do not start correct? Sitting out a year is probably not a great idea either but the dust must be settled. I cant imagine that there is a ton of spots open around the country at this point. I'd think there are some CC coaches out there salivating....

Are we in on any of these guys? Or do they have to be released first before public dialogue can start. Since Falo and Gordon are on their way to suspension or being outright kicked off the team would that give us 3 spots available?

This is a small indication as to how sorry they really aren't. No regret over the rapes and violence committed by their athletes, no regrets over the coverups and situations improperly handled. No regrets over the morally bereft culture that exists. Only regrets over getting caught. And now hesitation when it comes to where it is really going to hurt them - on the field.

Shame on ****bailer!

Agree. I am still trying to figure out what their play is here? If they let the guys walk, they can play the "that was the old staff, we made things right by our '16 recruits now and are moving forward" card to future classes and help slow the derailment that is the Bailer program. What's best case scenario by not releasing these guys? They make their recruits choose to either lose a year by transferring, or unhappily stay while ruining all future recruiting classes? Either way, watching this play out has been interesting, and I don't foresee it getting any prettier in the coming weeks. **** Bailer, couldn't happen to a better program.

Also, anyone know the rules on contacting these '16 guys since they haven't officially been released? I didn't know if we were allowed to talk to any of these guys since they are still technically signed.

Back