What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor promises to release 2016 Signees from LOIs (5 players released)

Agree. I am still trying to figure out what their play is here? If they let the guys walk, they can play the "that was the old staff, we made things right by our '16 recruits now and are moving forward" card to future classes and help slow the derailment that is the Bailer program. What's best case scenario by not releasing these guys? They make their recruits choose to either lose a year by transferring, or unhappily stay while ruining all future recruiting classes? Either way, watching this play out has been interesting, and I don't foresee it getting any prettier in the coming weeks. **** Bailer, couldn't happen to a better program.

I think they are trying to do just enough to pacify the media and public opinion and not one shred more. I think that is why first they fired only Briles and hoped that would be enough. I don't think they possess capacity to see how far beyond what was acceptable to have a successful program they strayed.

Just a couple of guesses. If there are unreleased LOI's, I do not think anyone can contact the players.

Somebody else had pointed out that there had to be an open spot for Webb, and probably one for Robbins, Falo and Dino. Robbins is almost assuredly gonzo, and unfortunately Falo and Dino are in jeopardy. So somewhere between 2 and 4 spots? Maybe somebody else knows more.

I think they are trying to do just enough to pacify the media and public opinion and not one shred more. I think that is why first they fired only Briles and hoped that would be enough. I don't think they possess capacity to see how far beyond what was acceptable to have a successful program they strayed.
That's exactly correct- that's the reason why this has all rolled out gradually: first just commissioning a report, then firing Briles and putting the AD on probation, then moving Starr down to Chancellor, then replacing the interim HC with someone from outside the program, then having the AD resign, then having Starr resign... it will go on until the media and public outcry has quieted and then they'll stop doing anything to repair the university.

Was there an official communication anywhere that said they were released from the LOI? I would think this is something the NCAA could wade into. If there was an official communication I'd think the NCAA could say thats good enough and let the kids be on there way.

Not that I can find. The only thing is the tweet that started this thread.

Their options are to request a release (30 days for Baylor to decide) or sit out a year by not enrolling. At least 7 have not enrolled.

The newest spin seems to be: "We should show kids that contracts mean something."

What are the chances we snag even just one of these guys? 5%? 0? I'd assume the schools primed to sieze the opportunity are going to be Big 12 and perhaps some nearby SEC teams, right? Hard to imagine the kinds of guys who commit to a private, Baptist, ****ty school in Waco are going to go anywhere in the Pac.

The newest spin seems to be: "We should show kids that contracts mean something."

Yeah. Because if Baylor administrators have taught us anything, they follow their written policies and rules even when it's not in their immediate best interests. Erm... uh... ****ing hypocrites. **** bailer!

What are the chances we snag even just one of these guys? 5%? 0? I'd assume the schools primed to sieze the opportunity are going to be Big 12 and perhaps some nearby SEC teams, right? Hard to imagine the kinds of guys who commit to a private, Baptist, ****ty school in Waco are going to go anywhere in the Pac.

I don't know. Don't really care that much. My main thing is wanting to see Baylor burn.

Edit: But don't think for a second that most of their players had "a desire to attend a private Baptist university" anywhere close to a reason for committing. It was all about Briles, winning, swag, and high octane systems where they just got a bunch of guys to the NFL.

I don't know. Don't really care that much. My main thing is wanting to see Baylor burn.

Edit: But don't think for a second that most of their players had "a desire to attend a private Baptist university" anywhere close to a reason for committing. It was all about Briles, winning, swag, and high octane systems where they just got a bunch of guys to the NFL.

Mad King Buffnik Rileryan, First of his name

burn.jpg

Dudes...I would focus on Branton Autry. 320lb JC OG/OT who is ready to play this year! He was offered by everybody! Probably couldn't learn our offense in fall camp, but...

Update: he enrolled in January and participated in spring ball. At this point, he'd be a transfer. Almost no chance that happens.

MacIntyre follows. Hmmm...
Same hs as Riko Jeffers :)

I'm with you, might just be a dream hoping we could snag someone but seeing what's happening to bailer makes it all worth it lol. Even if some guys go to our opponents.

Tl;dr: **** bailer

My guess is that the Baylor 2016 guys who leave end up gray-shirting at a school in Texas. The 2017 guys are pretty much all gone now.

My guess is that the Baylor 2016 guys who leave end up gray-shirting at a school in Texas. The 2017 guys are pretty much all gone now.

If they file release and Baylor doesn't grant, the NCAA can still grant after 30 days. Plenty of time before fall camp still.

Same hs as Riko Jeffers :)

I'm with you, might just be a dream hoping we could snag someone but seeing what's happening to bailer makes it all worth it lol. Even if some guys go to our opponents.

Tl;dr: **** bailer

Everyone following Riko. Leavitt the latest to follow and be followed. Some smoke here.

Update: he enrolled in January and participated in spring ball. At this point, he'd be a transfer. Almost no chance that happens.
If he really wanted out the NCAA may allow him to transfer without sitting out. Didn't they do that with penn state? Or do you think the NCAA will investigate for the next four years before making any rulings?

How is his football speed?

Ha, I don't know if that was sarcasm or not, but it's great. In his hudl highlights, beats guys deep consistently. In open space, he is great at coasting, then accelerating to full speed quickly, causing a lot of problems for the defense after the catch. Runs through a lot of arm tackles.

Here is his recruiting profile, doesn't look like it got updated much, I'm assuming from his lack of interest? It has the link to his HUDL. I hope Chev can pull it off.

https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/16-tx-wr-devin-duvernay.99533/#post-1615792

If he really wanted out the NCAA may allow him to transfer without sitting out. Didn't they do that with penn state? Or do you think the NCAA will investigate for the next four years before making any rulings?

I don't expect the NCAA do do anything.

Also, anyone know the rules on contacting these '16 guys since they haven't officially been released? I didn't know if we were allowed to talk to any of these guys since they are still technically signed.

According to this article about JP Urquidez:

Due to NCAA rules, a prospect is bound via the National Letter of Intent for a year. What schools might Urquidez consider? At this point, he's not sure. Other schools cannot call Urquidez until he is released.

"We can call, but they cannot return a phone call or reach out to us. That is why it is so important for Baylor to give JP the release so he can figure out his recruiting process."

This is really pretty incredible. Even if they escape the NCAA hammer, how the hell will they ever recover in the eyes of future recruits? I can't see how they can't descend into the depths of football obscurity after this type of scandal.

Back