What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

This game was at Rice. However, I heard the reason he left at halftime was because the MFRMB (mother ****ing Rice Marching Band!) was heckling him so hard.

To Nik's point about his kid being on the sideline coaching, isn't that the most ****ed up part of this whole thing? HOW THE **** IS THE ENTIRE STAFF STILL EMPLOYED BY THAT UNIVERSITY?!?! Jebus, Baylor.

Good catch, wispy. I got so caught up in bashing Briles that I forgot where the game was played.

I really hope that every marching band in every stadium they go to does something similar.

I really hope that opposing team fans mercilessly heckle them and their supporters.

None of them deserve any mercy until they actually show true regret and contrition, starting with actually acknowledging every wrong they have done.

The fact that they retained the entire coaching staff, the fact that they have made only cosmetic changes in the athletic department, the fact that they tried (and fortunately failed) to even keep Starr around, all show that they have no interest in making any substantive changes in the culture.

If some girls get raped, some students get beat up, some stuff gets stolen, no big deal. As long as they are going to major bowl games everything is good.

The first round of legal action is going to cost them a lot of money, even that won't change their thinking. It will take the next round of victims suing and showing in a court of law that the university was fully aware of the culture, getting sued for it, and still not taking action to protect innocent women to make them take notice. That round of judgments will cost them enough that they can't ignore it.

The fact that they retained the entire coaching staff, the fact that they have made only cosmetic changes in the athletic department, the fact that they tried (and fortunately failed) to even keep Starr around, all show that they have no interest in making any substantive changes in the culture.

If some girls get raped, some students get beat up, some stuff gets stolen, no big deal. As long as they are going to major bowl games everything is good.

The first round of legal action is going to cost them a lot of money, even that won't change their thinking. It will take the next round of victims suing and showing in a court of law that the university was fully aware of the culture, getting sued for it, and still not taking action to protect innocent women to make them take notice. That round of judgments will cost them enough that they can't ignore it.

Yes. It's a problem at the Regent level. They don't represent the values that the majority of other Baylor folks stand for (which is very puritanical). This is Texas money, high society braggarts. As long as they can stick it to their peers who went to UT, TTU, SMU, aTm, UH, TCU, etc in the board room on Monday... they give zero ****s about recruiting violations, rapes, murders, cover-ups, etc.

How is this entire thing essentially being swept under the rug? Players standing up for alleged rapists...
Obviously, innocent until proven guilty, which is something that gets lost sometimes. A lot of times, actually. That said…

Bears, when you’re knee-deep in one of the worst sexual-assault scandals in college football history, don’t allow a player who’s under indictment for sexual assault into your locker room. And, when you’re one of the most visible members of the football program, don’t publicly describe a man under indictment for rape as “a great guy” who you’re “not gonna hold anything against.”

The size of the blinders being worn in and around the football program in Waco is staggering. How tone-deaf all are post-scandal is beyond disturbing — and eye-opening when it, still, comes to the state of BU football.

You can change the head coach, athletic director and president, but, until what walks, talks and smells like an ingrained culture changes, absolutely nothing will change.

Of note: realizing the damage that had been done Monday, the university released a statement late last night that attempted to save some sort of face.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-as-a-great-guy-whos-just-in-a-bad-situation/

Yes. It's a problem at the Regent level. They don't represent the values that the majority of other Baylor folks stand for (which is very puritanical). This is Texas money, high society braggarts. As long as they can stick it to their peers who went to UT, TTU, SMU, aTm, UH, TCU, etc in the board room on Monday... they give zero ****s about recruiting violations, rapes, murders, cover-ups, etc.
Can't say it much better than that. You live down there, in some places, that's the culture man. It's wrong but it is what it is. My situation down in Texas I mentioned days back, it wasn't forcible rape but one of our coaches was screwing a freshman. She couldn't have been but 15 or 16 maybe. It ****ed up the year more or less. Every time I had to answer questions from news people, that's what it was about and I'd already been told to say, "you don't know." I said alright, but I feel wrong doing that. Talked to my dad about it and he told me **** them spill, maybe y'all will pull your head out your asses. It was making the year a mess. I talked to the head coach about it because nobody could focus really. I mean ****, her ****ing brother was our teammate. Statutory, is that the term? Anyway, I ended up not speaking on it. I didn't have to, his wife caught them. Get this though, mofo got a head job in East Texas thanks to low and behold our great friend, Art Briles. His ****ing dad coached with him at Stephenville for 10+ years. Shocking huh. Ole Cope Daddy got caught at his East Texas job too, banging another youngster but at least he wasn't married that time lol.

yet our coach makes a comment about a kicker not being very good and we are handed a death penalty?
How are they even in the poles?

yet our coach makes a comment about a kicker not being very good and we are handed a death penalty?
How are they even in the poles?

This may be a good discussion for an other thread.

- Media isn't as puritanical now. The public doesn't have the same appetite for scandal 15-years later. The myth of athlete as saint/ethical roll model has been thoroughly trampled. Rick Riley was a moneymaker for Sports Illistrated for "exposing" a scandal back then. Now SI is as obsolete as the rotary telephone. Message boards are full of scandal stories where a nothing is more shocking than Penn State. The nation yawns at Baylor

- Public v Private school. Ultimately Colorado Gov Bill Ritter had to call for a special investigator to get to the bottom of the CU scandal. Baylor isn't under the same threat as a private school. Elected officials don't have the same jurisdiction and oversite responsibilities over Baylor. The private status also blocks journalists from Freedom of Info requests.

Waco is a hell hole. National journalists aren't keen on leaving the big city to go digging around Waco. Boulder, on the other hand, is within easy reach by Denver investigators. The CU scandal would have been lower profile if CU were located in Canyon City or some other out of the way place

Southern Baptists and lawyers. Baylor's fundamentalist view of premarital sex is different from mainstream America. Women who are raped in Waco on a traditional Baptist camps are shamed. This is a school that prohibited dancing as recently as 1996. Baylor is supposed to be an extension of Sunday school and church camp, where abstinence is a virtue. Women who stray from abstinence are asking for it. The stone-age concept of men having no self-control when confronted with a drunk jezabel in a mini-skirt is alive and well in Waco. Then the lawyers and judges of Waco are Baylor grads who help support the culture.

Bottom line is that liberal media savvy Denver-Boulder have no problem throwing the football program under the bus, and the public school charter gives investigators the tools to do so.

Waco doesn't throw the baby out with the bath water. Their private charter, small market location, religious underpinning, and inbred legal/judicial system is different.

As a result of these different circumstances, it's no surprise that the Baylor AD is getting a different treatment than the CUAD.

Where there is a baptist bible and prayer, title IX is not needed, or so BU assumed. In Boulder, Title IX compliance reigns supreme.

The only thing that will touch Baylor is a Title IX lawsuit by the DOJ and the many private suits already in the works. They will all be settled for a price and the findings kept sealed. The question is, how much will they have to pay.

This may be a good discussion for an other thread.

- Media isn't as puritanical now. The public doesn't have the same appetite for scandal 15-years later. The myth of athlete as saint/ethical roll model has been thoroughly trampled. Rick Riley was a moneymaker for Sports Illistrated for "exposing" a scandal back then. Now SI is as obsolete as the rotary telephone. Message boards are full of scandal stories where a nothing is more shocking than Penn State. The nation yawns at Baylor

- Public v Private school. Ultimately Colorado Gov Bill Ritter had to call for a special investigator to get to the bottom of the CU scandal. Baylor isn't under the same threat as a private school. Elected officials don't have the same jurisdiction and oversite responsibilities over Baylor. The private status also blocks journalists from Freedom of Info requests.

Waco is a hell hole. National journalists aren't keen on leaving the big city to go digging around Waco. Boulder, on the other hand, is within easy reach by Denver investigators. The CU scandal would have been lower profile if CU were located in Canyon City or some other out of the way place

Southern Baptists and lawyers. Baylor's fundamentalist view of premarital sex is different from mainstream America. Women who are raped in Waco on a traditional Baptist camps are shamed. This is a school that prohibited dancing as recently as 1996. Baylor is supposed to be an extension of Sunday school and church camp, where abstinence is a virtue. Women who stray from abstinence are asking for it. The stone-age concept of men having no self-control when confronted with a drunk jezabel in a mini-skirt is alive and well in Waco. Then the lawyers and judges of Waco are Baylor grads who help support the culture.

Bottom line is that liberal media savvy Denver-Boulder have no problem throwing the football program under the bus, and the public school charter gives investigators the tools to do so.

Waco doesn't throw the baby out with the bath water. Their private charter, small market location, religious underpinning, and inbred legal/judicial system is different.

As a result of these different circumstances, it's no surprise that the Baylor AD is getting a different treatment than the CUAD.

Where there is a baptist bible and prayer, title IX is not needed, or so BU assumed. In Boulder, Title IX compliance reigns supreme.

Much easier to define the difference.

In Waco Football is more important than some girl who "would put herself in position to lure an unsuspecting football player." In Boulder a woman centered agenda is more important to some politicians and their supporters than the truth about what a bunch of "dumb jocks" are doing.

In Baylor the administration was not willing face the alumni and the community with something that would threaten their football success. In Boulder the administration was not willing to face the alumni and the community with something that would look like they were not supporting women.

Both ignored the truth to protect their political backsides

The only thing that will touch Baylor is a Title IX lawsuit by the DOJ and the many private suits already in the works. They will all be settled for a price and the findings kept sealed. The question is, how much will they have to pay.
And I think that even the first round of judgements won't change them. It will take the second round that comes after the university has already lost and not changed to get through to them.

Title IX could sink that entire department. Let's hope. I'm not sure the DOJ has the balls to go through with it.

Title IX could sink that entire department. Let's hope. I'm not sure the DOJ has the balls to go through with it.

Maybe it's not a question of the DOJ's balls.

It may be that the DOJ doesn't have the facts necessary to prosecute a case.

That non-existent Pepper Hamilton investigative report isn't going to print itself.

The DOJ can't just issue a subpoena to a lawfirm that is bound by attorney-client privilege.

Baylor will keep paying settlements that buy the silence of victims.

Those Baylor lawyers know how to cover their asses.

The DOJ can open its own investigation, though. Interview all the same folks that were interviewed for the Pepper Hamilton investigation and come to its own conclusion. Bailer can't keep people from talking to the DOJ.

The DOJ can open its own investigation, though. Interview all the same folks that were interviewed for the Pepper Hamilton investigation and come to its own conclusion. Bailer can't keep people from talking to the DOJ.

How would the DOJ know who Pepper Hamilton interviewed?

The DOJ can open its own investigation, though.

Not quite true ... at least not directly. Enforcement of Title IX is under the purview of the Office of Civil Rights (OCR), a subdivision of the Dept. of Ed.

How OCR Enforces the Law

OCR enforces Title IX by investigating complaints, conducting compliance reviews, and providing
technical assistance. An institution found to violate Title IX (or any of the regulations enforced by
OCR) has the opportunity to remedy the violation voluntarily. OCR is required by federal law to seek a
voluntary resolution. If an institution refuses to remedy the violation, then OCR may pursue one of two
courses of action: initiate administrative procedures to terminate federal funding to the institution; or
refer the case to the U.S. Department of Justice to pursue enforcement in federal court. Both actions
are rare; routinely, OCR obtains a commitment to comply, and then monitors implementation of the
corrective action.

In other words the DOJ can't do anything until the OCR has exhausted all other possible remedies.

Last edited:
Ironically the RICO statute is also a "Title IX" (of the organized crime control act). Seems fitting. Reading the wikipedia page on RICO leads me to think that you could threaten a RICO suit against Baylor for the intimidation of the witnesses (victims) and the coverup as there were multiple victims and cases.

Maybe it's not a question of the DOJ's balls.

It may be that the DOJ doesn't have the facts necessary to prosecute a case.

That non-existent Pepper Hamilton investigative report isn't going to print itself.

The DOJ can't just issue a subpoena to a lawfirm that is bound by attorney-client privilege.

Baylor will keep paying settlements that buy the silence of victims.

Those Baylor lawyers know how to cover their asses.
Because it's the right, god-fearing thing to do.

Back