What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Good to see Coach Grobe is taking some steps to help change the culture there, but the anecdote about the assistant taking issue with this survivor's talk to the team is disturbing to say the least and illustrates the challenge of changing things there without a wholesale staff change in the AD, football staff, and administration.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...eb9e2e4b07f20daa10948?timestamp=1475265240066
Change by keeping all of the enabling asshole assistant coaches, including the one she says invalidated her experience with the team? I call bull****!

Change by keeping all of the enabling asshole assistant coaches, including the one she says invalidated her experience with the team? I call bull****!

Grobe is the only significant change. The assistants are all the same, as many administrators as they could keep from getting covered in it are the same.

There has been no notable much less significant change in the policies or the policy makers surrounding the athletic program and specifically the football program since all this happened.

I am certain there are more than a couple **** bailer grads that believe that the women set themselves up to be raped just to bring down the team.

Good to see Coach Grobe is taking some steps to help change the culture there, but the anecdote about the assistant taking issue with this survivor's talk to the team is disturbing to say the least and illustrates the challenge of changing things there without a wholesale staff change in the AD, football staff, and administration.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...eb9e2e4b07f20daa10948?timestamp=1475265240066
ESPN putting quotes from this article up on their ticker during gameday. **** Baylor not looking good.

If Grobe stays next year, I wonder how many of the assistants he fires.

ESPN putting quotes from this article up on their ticker during gameday. **** Baylor not looking good.

He won't have to fire them. Briles will get a HC job and hire away the **** bailer! staff.

Excluding @Buffnik's comment which is also a good posibility, it depends entirely on how many game they win and which bowl they go to.

If they haven't made changes yet some quotes on the ESPN ribbon aren't going to change them any. They have already proven that nothing take priority over wins and that they have convinced themselves that they are the victims in all this.

Excluding @Buffnik's comment which is also a good posibility, it depends entirely on how many game they win and which bowl they go to.

If they haven't made changes yet some quotes on the ESPN ribbon aren't going to change them any. They have already proven that nothing take priority over wins and that they have convinced themselves that they are the victims in all this.
Assuming another school doesn't sell its soul and hire Briles, and assuming the administration doesn't handcuff Grobe, I think he fires some guys - it will be interesting to see who that is.

If it's an administration decision and not Grobe's, I agree with you.

Assuming another school doesn't sell its soul and hire Briles, and assuming the administration doesn't handcuff Grobe, I think he fires some guys - it will be interesting to see who that is.

If it's an administration decision and not Grobe's, I agree with you.

If it happens as you suggest it will be strictly a football decision. They have made it perfectly clear that they aren't willing to do what the rest of the world thinks is right if it doesn't lead to winning.

From the latest story spring two more questions for me...

I wonder what coach it was that took her aside and went off on a tirade.

I wonder also if ****bailer could ever do enough to have the NCAA actually take action. We have a seemingly endless stream of misdeeds coming from there and nothing makes the NCAA budge in a way that might make us believe they were out to punish the program and make it change.

Wouldn't be surprised to find out he was sticking up for daddy, but I think there are several there that would be capable including one on the staff with a last name of "Horny". And they wonder what's wrong in Waco.

We've got to be close to a situation where Feds show up and start crawling over that campus with a microscope right?

From the latest story spring two more questions for me...

I wonder what coach it was that took her aside and went off on a tirade.

I wonder also if ****bailer could ever do enough to have the NCAA actually take action. We have a seemingly endless stream of misdeeds coming from there and nothing makes the NCAA budge in a way that might make us believe they were out to punish the program and make it change.

You bring up an important point. Baylor seemingly exists in an environment where regulation and policing is inadequate.

The NCAA learned about their limited power in the wake of Penn State. The NCAA's enforcement authority appears to be rubber stamping whatever sanctions a guilty school recommends for itself.

The Baylor PD, Waco PD and courts are in bed with Baylor. When you share a passion for BU football success and also work in a judicial system flooded with employees holding BU degrees, it's hard for truth to come out.

The State of Texas is powerless since BU is a private institution. Gone from the arsenal of justice are Freedom of Information requests and legislative oversight. The Texas Rangers (LEO, not baseball) should be called in to investigate the Waco PD and McClellan County Sheriff. But when the Texas Ranger hall of fame is in Waco, even that resource is less than ideal.

The Baptist Church isn't going to change its culture of abstinence nor is there much sympathy extended to the jezzibels who dress sexy, get drunk, and end up raped. The victims serve as a real life example of why girls should stay at home sober, praying to be in the company of a good and righteous Christian man.

The Feds don't exactly have a title 9 enforcement division, and in classic big government fashion, have not been bothered to act quickly nor decisively.

BU has a legal apparatus that allows them to settle and pay for silence, thereby keeping any facts from seeing the light of day.

The press and talents of crack investigative reporters are as close as anyone to prosecuting this case in the court of public opinion. Of course these journalist have to brave the response of rabid BU fans who see any assault on BU as a conspiracy and as an act of war. Retaliation comes with the territory.

This Baylor rape story is a disappointing case study in how our institutions fail us. It's not clear who should be the judge, jury, or jailer. A leadership and ownership vacuum exists.

It's the BU regents who are in the drivers seat. They've taken action (up to the point of not shedding any light on the facts) and are ready to move on.

We may never know what was in the Pepper Hamilton report. But we can be pretty sure that two-comma dollar amounts are flowing to money-whip victims and key players into absolute silence.

Last edited by a moderator:
You bring up an important point. Baylor seemingly exists in an environment where regulation and policing is inadequate.

The NCAA learned about their limited boundaries in the wake of Penn State. The NCAA's enforcement authority appears to be rubber stamping whatever sanctions a guilty school recommends for itself.

The Baylor PD and courts are in bed with Baylor. When you share a passion for BU football success and also work in a judicial system flooded with employees holding BU degrees, it's hard for truth to come out.

The State of Texas is powerless since BU is a private institution. Gone from the arsenal of justice are Freedom of Information requests and legislative oversight. The Texas Rangers (LEO, not baseball) should be called in to investigate the Waco PD and McClellan County Sheriff. But when the Texas Ranger hall of fame is in Waco, even that resource is less than ideal.

The Baptist Church isn't going to change its culture about abstinence and do much to find sympathy for the jezzibels who drink, dress sexy, get drunk, and end up raped. The victims serve as a real life example of why girls should stay at home sober and praying for a good Christian man.

The Feds don't exactly have a title 9 enforcement division, and in classic big government fashion, have not been bothered to act quickly or decisively.

BU has a legal apparatus that allows them to settle and pay for silence, thereby keeping any facts from seeing the light of day.

The press and talents of crack investigative reporters are as close as anyone to prosecuting this case in the court of public opinion. Of course these journalist have to brave the response of rabid BU fans who see any assault on BU as a conspiracy and an act of war.

This Baylor rape story is a disappointing case study in our institutions failing us. It's not clear who should be the judge, jury, or jailer.

It's the BU regents who are in the drivers seat. They've taken action (up to the point of shedding any light on the facts) and are ready to move on.

Which all leads to what I have mentioned before.

Eventually somebody in congress who is looking to make a name for themselves is going to make the oversight of college sports their cause. The NCAA is not going to have anything they can say in their own defense with repeated scandals. We will get testimony on the house floor about and by victims of JoPa and Pedo State, of Christian Peters and Co. at Neb. of the hooker and blow culture at Miami, of Baylor, and of many more.

The result in typical congressional fashion will be a sweeping bill that imposes unrealistic reporting on schools and ridiculous penalties for things that are in the big scheme of things either fairly minor or out of the control of the schools.

Which all leads to what I have mentioned before.

Eventually somebody in congress who is looking to make a name for themselves is going to make the oversight of college sports their cause. The NCAA is not going to have anything they can say in their own defense with repeated scandals. We will get testimony on the house floor about and by victims of JoPa and Pedo State, of Christian Peters and Co. at Neb. of the hooker and blow culture at Miami, of Baylor, and of many more.

The result in typical congressional fashion will be a sweeping bill that imposes unrealistic reporting on schools and ridiculous penalties for things that are in the big scheme of things either fairly minor or out of the control of the schools.

And it could be added that this would happen too little and too late to have any real impact on the current villain ****bailer. I think they spin their way free of this on any potential judicial platform and worse yet we won't even get to see them face any real woes on the field this year. And none of this speaks to any of the needs of the victims.

The NCAA learned about their limited boundaries in the wake of Penn State. The NCAA's enforcement authority appears to be rubber stamping whatever sanctions a guilty school recommends for itself.

The Baylor PD and courts are in bed with Baylor. When you share a passion for BU football success and also work in a judicial system flooded with employees holding BU degrees, it's hard for truth to come out.

The Baptist Church isn't going to change its culture about abstinence and do much to find sympathy for the jezzibels who drink, dress sexy, get drunk, and end up raped. The victims serve as a real life example of why girls should stay at home sober and praying for a good Christian man.

The Feds don't exactly have a title 9 enforcement division, and in classic big government fashion, have not been bothered to act quickly or decisively.

The press and talents of crack investigative reporters are as close as anyone to prosecuting this case in the court of public opinion. Of course these journalist have to brave the response of rabid BU fans who see any assault on BU as a conspiracy and an act of war.

This Baylor rape story is a disappointing case study in our institutions failing us. It's not clear who should be the judge, jury, or jailer.

It's the BU regents who are in the drivers seat. They've taken action (up to the point of shedding any light on the facts) and are ready to move on.

That is a very well written and very depressing summary of what has gone on and what will go on from here.

I think Zuckerberg decides all the news we yell about now. The Stanford rapist still makes appearances from my friends on FB but no one even seems to know about the Baylor situation.

If people are that mad about the Stanford kid, wait till they hear about this.

The decision came the same day two more women joined the class-action lawsuit against the university for its role in responding improperly, or not at all, to instances of sexual assault, bringing the number of women attached to the lawsuit to eight. According to ESPN, Jane Doe 7 alleges she was assaulted by two Baylor students in May 2009; Jane Doe 8 alleges her assault occurred March 2015.

The two newest allegations do not involve members of the football team, as is the case with Jane Doe 1. ESPN’s Paula Lavigne reports as many as 17 women have voiced sexual assault allegations against members of the team since 2009.

The decision came the same day two more women joined the class-action lawsuit against the university for its role in responding improperly, or not at all, to instances of sexual assault, bringing the number of women attached to the lawsuit to eight. According to ESPN, Jane Doe 7 alleges she was assaulted by two Baylor students in May 2009; Jane Doe 8 alleges her assault occurred March 2015.

The two newest allegations do not involve members of the football team, as is the case with Jane Doe 1. ESPN’s Paula Lavigne reports as many as 17 women have voiced sexual assault allegations against members of the team since 2009.

hope all the perps and complicit "cover-uppers" go to hell

**** bailer

And it could be added that this would happen too little and too late to have any real impact on the current villain ****bailer. I think they spin their way free of this on any potential judicial platform and worse yet we won't even get to see them face any real woes on the field this year. And none of this speaks to any of the needs of the victims.

Sadly you are probably correct. Classic slamming the barn door closed after the horses are not only out but over the next ridge.

Baylor has no interest in changing. They won't change until the second wave of lawsuits comes building on the ones currently in the system. When the judgements get based on them losing current cases and still not fixing things then the judgements/settlements will become to big to ignore.

Back