What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BCS Rankings 10/14

I take my football seriously. I already knew scoreboard. You can add two of losses were in bowl games, while UA was undefeated, and probably cost UA a MNC or two.
My senior year at ND was the Michigan State 10-10 tie (I know! I'm kind of old). I attended the game! That year Alabama was undefeated. But in spite of that the vote was for ND # 1 because even though they didn't have the BCS back then, Alabama played such an obviously easy schedule that the vote went against them. I believe Alabama people who were around back then haven't forgotten. I thought Bear Bryant was a great coach by the way, and have no ill feelings toward Alabama. In fact I just spent the weekend with some fine people from Alabama.

Hmmm. Guess you dont take your football seriously enough. Barn allowed over 500 yards to them (or close to it) even though oregon was obviously rusty from having nearly two months off. If allowing over 500 yards of offense is shutting a team down, nick Saban would like a word with you.

Last year Oregon, despite having fumblitis, put up more yards and points than any other team did against Lsu all year. In the first game of the year. At a place that was mostly filled with LSU fans. Hell, I think they out up more yards and points against LSU than bama did total in TWO GAMES. And they played LSU tough before the fluke turnovers ruined them.

So ya, they lost both games. But they sure as hell showed they can play offense against the vaunted SEC. The same SEC that has a losing record in the last decade against the PAC.

Maybe you don't want to play them?

Oregon scored 19 on the barn and the LSU game was over in the 3rd qtr and Oregon scored some meaningless points with meaningless yards.

Please don't a limited head to head comparison for these two conferences. Everyone knows who is the best.

I remember bama losing at home to LSU and not winning their division or conference.
831081.jpg

I remember Bama losing to Utah in the Sugar Bowl less than for years ago. New Orleans is practically Bama's back yard and the Superdome was predominantly filled with Alabama fans. This was during the BCS era against a Nick Saban coached #4 ranked Crimson Tide.

It was a blow-out, too. 31-17. Bama started slow and never got into the game.

It was a meaningless game to us and Utah took it to us. UA had just lost a heartbreaker to UF in the SECCG. Utah was the better team that day no doubt.

i don't give a **** what happens. no way do i want Kansas state nor Norte dame in the champ game.

i would sacrifice rugged for that.

I would sacrifice rugged for an extra pickle slice on my Big Mac, but I get your point.

The UF-South Carolina game this weekend in Gainesville is absolutely huge for determining the fate of the SEC East and whether or not UF will have a chance to play for the MNC down the line...Go Gators!

Didn't Dan Hawkins almost beat Saban/Alabama?

Alabama went up 27-0 in the 2nd qtr and coasted. This game was NEVER in doubt. If you were there smelling the corndogs with me (I meet several of the old cool AllBuffs folks) you know that is the truth. Your team did show a lot of heart coming back but no CU didn't 'almost beat Alabama'.

I would sacrifice rugged for an extra pickle slice on my Big Mac, but I get your point.
****! Your Big Mac reference and seeing the Gateway Arch during the baseball game has me on my way to mickey D's for burgers. Thanks! Twoallbeefpattiesspecialsaucelettucecheesepicklesonionsonasesameseedbun. :lol:

Last edited:
Oregon scored 19 on the barn and the LSU game was over in the 3rd qtr and Oregon scored some meaningless points with meaningless yards.

Please don't a limited head to head comparison for these two conferences. Everyone knows who is the best.

Oregon had a chance to win the game, football is 60 minutes long, but you probably didn't know that.

Alabama went up 27-0 in the 2nd qtr and coasted. This game was NEVER in doubt. If you were there smelling the corndogs with me (I meet several of the old cool AllBuffs folks) you know that is the truth. Your team did show a lot of heart coming back but no CU didn't 'almost beat Alabama'.

Yes they did, again football is 60 minutes, CU DID almost beat Bama. You need to go to football school son

It was a meaningless game to us and Utah took it to us. UA had just lost a heartbreaker to UF in the SECCG. Utah was the better team that day no doubt.

ya, a BCS bowl is meaningless. You really don't know your own coach if you think they thought that game was meaningless. You need to go to Saban school stat!

Yes they did, again football is 60 minutes, CU DID almost beat Bama. You need to go to football school son

You would have hit to make a 80 yard TD with seconds remaining to tie the game. That may be 'almost beating' to you guys but it would have been a miracle win. I know you are doing some coachspeak but nobody in that stadium thought you would win that game after the 1st quarter.

:lol: so you admit that auburn didn't shut down Oregon and that Oregon put up the most points/yards on LSU that anyone put up all year, including bama if you count 2 games?

:lol: so you admit that auburn didn't shut down Oregon and that Oregon put up the most points/yards on LSU that anyone put up all year, including bama if you count 2 games?

Oregon averaged 47 ppg that year. The barn held them to 19. Yes I consider that a shutdown. The barn was the 53rd ranked defense in the nation and the 8th best defense in the SEC.

We played LSU twice and they put 9 on us in two games. They put 40 on Oregon in one game and took their foot off the gas. We do it different. We would have beat OU, OSU, or anybody else they threw at us last year.

I hope we get OU.

A bcs game is meaningless? I could go on a long rant about that stupid comment but since most sec fans have a giant stick up their ass i wont waste my time.

Back