What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BCS Who goes where

MiamiBuffs

YYZ
Club Member
Here is the list. We know who's going (black), we know who's locked in (blue), we know who's not going(red), and who's on the bubble (green). Which of the buble teams go where?

1 Oklahoma .9757 Title Game, Mia Fl
2 Florida .9479 Title Game, Mia Fl

3 Texas .9298 = Fiesta Bowl Tie in
4 Alabama .8443 = Sugar Bowl Tie in
5 USC .8208 = Rose Bowl
6 Utah .7846
7 Texas Tech .7840 (Eliminated due to two team max rule)
8 Penn State .7387 = Rose Bowl
9 Boise State .6980
10 Ohio State .6354
11 TCU .5848

12 Cincinnati .5384 = Orange Bowl? Big East Champ
19 Virginia Tech .2440 = Orange Bowl? ACC Champ

Pretty amazing to think that if Ohio State was not in the top 10 then possibly 3 non BCS schools would be in big bowls. Im guessing Utah goes to the Fiesta bowl and OSU or TCU goes to the Sugarbowl.

Last edited:
Here is the list. We know who's going (black), we know who's locked in (blue), we know who's not going(red), and who's on the bubble (green). Which of the buble teams go where?

1 Oklahoma .9757 Title Game, Mia Fl
2 Florida .9479 Title Game, Mia Fl

3 Texas .9298 = Fiesta Bowl Tie in
4 Alabama .8443 = Sugar Bowl Tie in
5 USC .8208 = Rose Bowl
6 Utah .7846
7 Texas Tech .7840 (Eliminated due to two team max rule)
8 Penn State .7387 = Rose Bowl
9 Boise State .6980
10 Ohio State .6354
11 TCU .5848

12 Cincinnati .5384 = Orange Bowl? Big East Champ
19 Virginia Tech .2440 = Orange Bowl? ACC Champ

Pretty amazing to think that if Ohio State was not in the top 10 then possibly 3 non BCS schools would be in big bowls. Im guessing Utah goes to the Fiesta bowl and OSU or TCU goes to the Sugarbowl.

Top 10 or not doesn´t matter. Teams from BCS Conferences are eligible for an at-large selection as long as they win 9 games AND end the regular season ranked in the Top 14 of the BCS.

Top 10 or not doesn´t matter. Teams from BCS Conferences are eligible for an at-large selection as long as they win 9 games AND end the regular season ranked in the Top 14 of the BCS.

One now wonders who big a fit the Big 10 would have thrown if BSU went to the Fiesta bowl in their place.

There isn't one enticing matchup in the whole thing outside of the NC game.

Penn State-USC. Big 10 football sucks right now. This game will not only be incredibly boring, but it will be a blowout. I hate watching USC win so much I probably won't even watch.

Cincinnati-VT. This is a BCS Bowl? Not the Gaylord Hotels Bowl, but a BCS bowl? No thanks. ACC and Big East football were pretty bad this year. The only matchup I could imagine making this game entertaining is WVU-FSU, which obviously didn't happen.

Utah-Alabama. Utah? They deserve to be here, for sure, but I don't really know if they can play with 'Bama. Neither of these teams are all that entertaining to watch, although it should be more entertaining than the above two games.

Texas-OSU. Probably the best out of all of these games, if only for the fact that these teams have met twice in the past few years, so there's a little bit of recent history. Both are, obviously, tradition-laden teams with success both recent and historical. I don't really think OSU has much of a chance to play with Texas, unless they come out flat because they feel they deserved to be in the NC game - a legitimate gripe.

Ultimately, none of these games are really marquee matchups in my opinion, outside of the NC game which should be spectacular. That Cinci-VT game is an absolute joke - are you telling me these two teams deserve a big bowl game more than Texas Tech, or even Boise State or Georgia for that matter? There is no way either of these two teams is anywhere near one of the ten best, or most entertaining (lol), teams in the nation. I understand the autobid structure but this is just one more issue with the system. The Big East, particularly - outside of WVU the past few years and maybe Louisville for Brian Brohm's junior year, when are any of these teams relevant?

How does the Big10 send the same # of teams as the Big12 and SEC this year? Because there is some stupid rule that Texas Tech, at #7, who very well may finish with their only loss of the year to the eventual national champion, with a win against a team who probably should be IN the NC game, doesn't even get to play in a real bowl game? Because "it's ohio state!!1!!1!"? They aren't that impressive this year, and they don't have the resume.

Penn State also isn't that good. Imagine if this team hadn't of choked and wound up going to the NC game at the expense of a 1-loss Florida or Oklahoma team? That would have been an absolute joke...

The whole system is flawed. The structure of the BCS not only prevents the crowning of a true, legitimate champion, but it's bowl tie-ins and rule structure for the big bowl games routinely deny deserving teams while simultaneously rewarding undeserving teams. Why do the Big East and ACC have auto bids? They have been junk this decade. Why can only two teams from 1 conference go? Why does the Rose Bowl HAVE to be Big 10 - Pac 10, leading to lopsided bowl games like USC-PSU, which will be an absolute stomping?

Last edited:
There isn't one enticing matchup in the whole thing outside of the NC game.

Penn State-USC. Big 10 football sucks right now. This game will not only be incredibly boring, but it will be a blowout. I hate watching USC win so much I probably won't even watch.

Cincinnati-VT. This is a BCS Bowl? Not the Gaylord Hotels Bowl, but a BCS bowl? No thanks. ACC and Big East football were pretty bad this year. The only matchup I could imagine making this game entertaining is WVU-FSU, which obviously didn't happen.

Utah-Alabama. Utah? They deserve to be here, for sure, but I don't really know if they can play with 'Bama. Neither of these teams are all tha entertaining to watch, although it should be more entertaining than the above two games.

Texas-OSU. Probably the best out of all of these games, if only for the fact that these teams have met twice in the past few years, so there's a little bit of recent history. Both are, obviously, tradition-laden teams with success both recent and historical. I don't really think OSU has much of a chance to play with Texas, unless they come out flat because they feel they deserved to be in the NC game - a legitimate gripe.

Ultimately, none of these games are really marquee matchups in my opinion, outside of the NC game which should be spectacular. That Cinci-VT game is an absolute joke - are you telling me these two teams deserve a big bowl game more than Texas Tech, or even Boise State or Georgia for that matter? There is no way either of these two teams is anywhere near one of the ten best, or most entertaining (lol), teams in the nation. I understand the autobid structure but this is just one more issue with the system. The Big East, particularly - outside of WVU the past few years and maybe Louisville for Brian Brohm's junior year, when are any of these teams relevant?

How does the Big10 send the same # of teams as the Big12 and SEC this year? Because there is some stupid rule that Texas Tech, at #7, who very well may finish with their only loss of the year to the eventual national champion, with a win against a team who probably should be IN the NC game, doesn't even get to play in a real bowl game? Because "it's ohio state!!1!!1!"? They aren't that impressive this year, and they don't have the resume.

Penn State also isn't that good. Imagine if this team hadn't of choked and wound up going to the NC game at the expense of a 1-loss Florida or Oklahoma team? That would have been an absolute joke...

The whole system is flawed. The structure of the BCS not only prevents the crowning of a true, legitimate champion, but it's bowl tie-ins and rule structure for the big bowl games routinely deny deserving teams while simultaneously rewarding undeserving teams. Why do the Big East and ACC have auto bids? They have been junk this decade. Why can only two teams from 1 conference go? Why does the Rose Bowl HAVE to be Big 10 - Pac 10, leading to lopsided bowl games like USC-PSU, which will be an absolute stomping?

75% in disagreement. I agree that the system is flawed with the bowl tie-ins. Would prefer to see Utah vs. Boise St. and Alabama vs. Texas. The other games I'm fine with. I think this will be one of the most competitive BCS packages that we've seen in years.

Back