1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BDC article on Casey Crawford.....

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Scotch, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_13495155

It would be huge if Crawford could be effective on the post, and then step out to the perimeter and knock down some 3's. Frees the lane up big time for the backdoor cuts Bzz's offense is designed for. Higgins' game would benefit the most if Crawford can step it up this season. This is to say nothing of the effect he could have on the defensive end. :thumbsup:

2. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

yeah - 20 lbs and his legs feel better than last year. I'm now really expecting big things from him this year. The same article states that Beckley gained a lot of weight too. Hopefully those two improve a lot inside - that'll help so much.

3. Scotch

Beckley at least has 5 fouls to give. I don't remember him being too gifted on offense, but with his size he can be disruptive on the defensive end.

4. staxman

staxman New Member

That's the key. I'm glad he's 20 pounds heavier for defense and rebounding, but this offense needs it's big guys to step out and hit shots. Hopefully, his shot is consistent enough to do that. We need to make the other team pay if they don't bring their big man out to guard ours on offense. Like what Air Force had (was it Nick Welch?) when Bzdelik was there. This offense will run much smoother and be more effective if that happens.

I'm getting excited for hoops! :smile2:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Crawford being effective completely changes the complexion for this season. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he stepped up, though. Maybe he just needed a year to adjust, mature and get bigger.

6. Scotch

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ :gobuffs:

7. RabSlace73

RabSlace73 Banned BANNED

BDC article on Casey Crawford

It was more of a recap of the last days because everything went so quickly and the article should give the readers a better look into what happened in Toronto

8. SECOBuffsFan

SECOBuffsFan Active Member

Had a chance to go to practice yesterday. Crawford and Beckley have beefed up tremendously.

Player to watch though is Marcu Relphorde. He played everywhere from the 1 to the 4 and it was pretty obvious that he has Default's attention because they were pretty chippy with each other. Pelphorde has a smooth game and will be a big help to the Buffs this year.