What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Beer Drinking Bison Take A Ride In A Car. Does Ralphie Do This?

BuffSurveyor

Club Member
Club Member
A little off topic but it is interesting.

I do you think this guy might be a CU fan?

What of his Bison? Would make for a great CU football fan and companion to take to games.
[video]http://www.13wmaz.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=704659826001[/video]

Have a great day Buff fans!

win_button.jpg

The more I see from Georgia, the more I like.

How come Nebraskans can't be that cool?

Nebraska fans are that "cool". :thumbsup:

You ever actually met one, or are you relying on what you read on this board? :lol:

I know nebraskans. My in-laws are from North Platte.

I've got a Grandmother-in-law who's been arrested umpteent times for domestic abuse.

I've got a father-in-law who pronounces "diabetes" as dia-BET-is.

Mother-in-law is mostly okay aside from her odd habit of rooting for nebraska and sending me anti-CU paraphanalia.

I know nebraskans. They're pretty much the same in real life as they are on the interwebz.

Nebraska fans are that "cool". :thumbsup:

You ever actually met one, or are you relying on what you read on this board? :lol:

A long time ago in a conference far, far away...
Colorado and Nebraska were in the same conference and would play each other the day after Thanksgiving. Tens of thousands of fans would fill the stadiums to cheer on their teams. Fans from Boulder would go to Lincoln and cheer on the Buffs. Many Colorado fans would look around the landscape and drink in the bars of O street and rub elbow with the locals. Many Buff fans would actually interact with Nebraska fans in their native environment. Many would say "meh" or yell at the top of our lungs "We don't live in Lincoln" and then return home.

When the game was played in Boulder, legions of Nebraska fans would travel to Folsom Field in support of the Huskers, the self-proclaimed classiest fans in college football would cheer for the self-proclaimed greatest football team the universe has ever known. While some Nebraska fans would return on I76 east, others would fall in love with the mild weather and stunning scenery of the Front Range and become a "Coloradoan for Nebraska.". These Nebraska fans are the alleged smartest fans in football, ready to be quiet when the husker offense is on the field. Many would quote series records, # of heisman trophy winners, and national championships. It was awesome, but in a dooshy way.

I was there to witness these events and mingle with Nebraska fans both in Boulder and in Lincoln. My roommate from college married into a Husker family and lives in La Vista, a suburb of Omaha. God have mercy on his soul.

I have met husker fans and have forged opinions free of Internet influence.

It's shocking, but true.

In the end, Nebraska fans proved to be an inferior brand of Texas fans. All of the pride that has been unsubstantiated in recent years by success at the highest level of the sport. All yearning for a time before meth, when families owned farms, when Nebraska actually mattered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back