What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BEER NOW SOLD IN FOLSOM (also, six hours of tailgating now possible)

When we got there, they ran out of draft (in Balch). They need to make the beer garden's bigger and have more sales booths.

They ran out of red wine in the club level.

Hey, I take this as a good sign. Hiccup as it's getting going but the supply issue points to a success. This is going to work.

Definitely get there early if you want a beer. Line started getting really long around 1 hour and 15 mins before kickoff. Big screen by the scoreboard was legit

Cops were up on the Balch mezzanine taking video's of the beer garden crowd. **** them.

Cops were up on the Balch mezzanine taking video's of the beer garden crowd. **** them.

Obviously they're monitoring this closely but George even has CU police supporting the reintroduction of beer in Folsom. Now that's change!

From the article:

CU Police Chief Melissa Zak shares that sentiment, and said Saturday that the time is right to reintroduce beer and wine at football games.

We always talk about the fan experience and, when you come to CU, what the traditions are about," she said before the game. "We look at the alcohol in the stadium, and the past for CU and why we took alcohol out. I think you're seeing a different culture here now, and I believe that there is a place in the stadium for alcohol."
http://www.timescall.com/longmont-l...strong-return-after-19-year-folsom?source=rss

Last edited:
Sounds like there's definitely room for improvement particularly with needing more stations to buy beer but like anything you learn the most after the first run. Having the huge screens out there with other big games is great. The next big step needs to be letting you take beer out of the garden area, not sure why that rule is in place. I guess they wanted to start out conservatively.

Sounds like there's definitely room for improvement particularly with needing more stations to buy beer but like anything you learn the most after the first run. Having the huge screens out there with other big games is great. The next big step needs to be letting you take beer out of the garden area, not sure why that rule is in place. I guess they wanted to start out conservatively.

They will never let you take beer out.

need much more space for the "gardens" and many more cashiers and taps! took a half hour to get a beer... they will figure it out

Come on guys it was the first time for the beer garden, let's see if they change it in the coming weeks.

Come on guys it was the first time for the beer garden, let's see if they change it in the coming weeks.

It makes me uncomfortable to agree with Tante on anything, but give this thing a chance. We wanted beer. The AD brought us beer. Now let them figure out the lines and the selection.

It makes me uncomfortable to agree with Tante on anything, but give this thing a chance. We wanted beer. The AD brought us beer. Now let them figure out the lines and the selection.

:nod:

Otherwise we're the guy who wins the lottery and bitches about the taxes.

Here is some (semi) inside scoop that I have learned. Apparently the plan is (was) to institute beer sales in the stands, like the good old days. Coors came and did an inspection, and found that there were no coolers capable of refrigerating the beer that would be needed to have in-stadium sales. They are apparently considering bringing in refridgeration trucks to store beer until it is sent to the tap room or the distribution room (for the screw-top cans they love to sell Coors in). Due to these issues they have kept the beer in the beer gardens. I would expect that next year they will have beer sales in more locations, as well as guys hawking beer in the stands (although I bet they will be verboten from selling in the undergraduate student sections).

Here is some (semi) inside scoop that I have learned. Apparently the plan is (was) to institute beer sales in the stands, like the good old days. Coors came and did an inspection, and found that there were no coolers capable of refrigerating the beer that would be needed to have in-stadium sales. They are apparently considering bringing in refridgeration trucks to store beer until it is sent to the tap room or the distribution room (for the screw-top cans they love to sell Coors in). Due to these issues they have kept the beer in the beer gardens. I would expect that next year they will have beer sales in more locations, as well as guys hawking beer in the stands (although I bet they will be verboten from selling in the undergraduate student sections).
I posted that in another thread. The beer gardens pull too many fans away from the game and that's not good. I think what they could do is have designated beer sections and "family" sections. Offer them in each price category.

They will never let you take beer out.

Why the hell not? That's stupid. DBT said it well below, it keeps people out of their seats. Putting conveniences into place while people are up out of their seats is great, but don't give them a reason to stay out of their seats. They should definitely allow beer in the 2 new sections in the north end zone and the NE corner. Don't get me wrong, it's great that they have at least taken this step and have beer back in the stadium that is available to the little old common folks and not just the highfalutin people in the club level and the Flatirons club.

I posted that in another thread. The beer gardens pull too many fans away from the game and that's not good. I think what they could do is have designated beer sections and "family" sections. Offer them in each price category.

Ultimately, the City makes the call on what and where it can be served. Thus far City of Boulder has been on board. Thank you City of Boulder.

Hope that continues and the University and the City find a way to make this work. Good things are possible for both.

Last edited:

this.

If George has shown anything it is his will to iterate, demand was at it's likely highest and certainly the novelty factor played into the crowds.

Also you should have linked up with JG and I for a pregame beer we had some awesome tailgate guests.

this.

If George has shown anything it is his will to iterate, demand was at it's likely highest and certainly the novelty factor played into the crowds.

Also you should have linked up with JG and I for a pregame beer we had some awesome tailgate guests.

I know, super bummed I couldn't make it. I took my buddy to his first CU game, on the condition that we watch the Notre Dame game first (we ended up at Backcountry pizza). I was hoping for a blowout but it was a close game going into the 3rd.

I just hope the drunks I witnessed had a designated driver. There were some really **** faced people.

10665704_10202673717631011_8961576848015173375_n.jpg

Back