What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

BEER NOW SOLD IN FOLSOM (also, six hours of tailgating now possible)

Here's an idea- sell tickets to the beer garden only. No game ticket, just a beer garden ticket. Pay $5 to get in. That, in conjunction with sales in the stands, would get a bunch of folks into the complex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beer gardens were a fail. Not worth waiting in line for 30 minutes for an $8 beer.
I'm not sure you actually get it. It was decidedly not a "fail."

We can BUY BEER IN FOLSOM!

Could it be better? Yes. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Yep a beer garden with a 30min line and one ran out of beer. Total fail.

At CU we really can't have nice things can we.

I'm not sure you actually get it. It was decidedly not a "fail."

We can BUY BEER IN FOLSOM!

Could it be better? Yes. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I agree with you; I had a really crappy week and took my frustration out on an easy target. The beer gardens are a great step forward and a tremendous idea that need a bit of tweaking in order to be a huge success.

Here is some (semi) inside scoop that I have learned. Apparently the plan is (was) to institute beer sales in the stands, like the good old days. Coors came and did an inspection, and found that there were no coolers capable of refrigerating the beer that would be needed to have in-stadium sales. They are apparently considering bringing in refridgeration trucks to store beer until it is sent to the tap room or the distribution room (for the screw-top cans they love to sell Coors in). Due to these issues they have kept the beer in the beer gardens. I would expect that next year they will have beer sales in more locations, as well as guys hawking beer in the stands (although I bet they will be verboten from selling in the undergraduate student sections).

This would be ideal.

If the beer garden were designed like the Roof top at Coors were you could hang out and drink while watching the game that would awesome.
As it is though we don't need excuses for our fans to leave the game.

One idea would be to have beer garden behind the visitors section, and sell beer directly in the stands of our own fans. Yes, I am that big of an a## hole.

Until Balch / West side is totally revamped seems like options are limited for beer garden / live game viewing

Until Balch / West side is totally revamped seems like options are limited for beer garden / live game viewing

Wainaminnit.

There is a patio planned atop the building under construction in the NE corner behind the new bleachers.

What do you think will go on up there on game day?

Has anyone already made the connection that we had our best showing against a ranked team in like 5 years in our first game where they brought beer back to Folsom. I'm going to go ahead and say not a coincidence. Just think of how well the team would play if the brought back regular beers sales throughout the stadium...

Has anyone already made the connection that we had our best showing against a ranked team in like 5 years in our first game where they brought beer back to Folsom. I'm going to go ahead and say not a coincidence. Just think of how well the team would play if the brought back regular beers sales throughout the stadium...
SuperD may be on to something here.

I know this is an old thread, but can you buy beer at Folsom field for CU games?
You can buy beer in Folsom on the rooftop terrace (if you have a separate ticket to go up there), or in one of the beer gardens on the perimeter of the stadium. You must consume your beer in the area purchased. You can't take it back to your seat with you. It isn't available at the general concession stands.

You can buy beer in Folsom on the rooftop terrace (if you have a separate ticket to go up there), or in one of the beer gardens on the perimeter of the stadium. You must consume your beer in the area purchased. You can't take it back to your seat with you. It isn't available at the general concession stands.
Can't you take your beer to your seat in the 'special' sections such as Champions, Touchdown, and Club? Is the IPF going to be a beer garden now?

Back