What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Beer Returns to Folsom????

In order to not spark a big Allbuffs battle, I'm not going to reply to that straw man.

I am not trying to pick a fight, it was an honest question.
I'm not saying that I agree with the beer ban, I think it is :bs:
I enjoy a drink before or during the game, if it's available.
I am just always amazed at the lengths people go to in order to drink, or to make sure they are drunk enough to last the whole game...It's like "oh GOD! I have to watch football sober?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!"...:wtf:

I am not trying to pick a fight, it was an honest question.
I'm not saying that I agree with the beer ban, I think it is :bs:
I enjoy a drink before or during the game, if it's available.
I am just always amazed at the lengths people go to in order to drink, or to make sure they are drunk enough to last the whole game...It's like "oh GOD! I have to watch football sober?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!"...:wtf:

Fair enough. The way the question was worded is what threw me off.

I've watched many games sober and I will watch many more sober. But I also enjoy having a couple drinks during the game. It should be my choice which one I do, not the CU administration's choice (as the Regents, President, etc. drink up in their luxury suite).

I've watched many games sober and I will watch many more sober. But I also enjoy having a couple drinks during the game. It should be my choice which one I do, not the CU administration's choice (as the Regents, President, etc. drink up in their luxury suite).

I think everyone but Buffarino should be able to buy beer at football games!

Agreed. I think the ban on beer sales did very little to help the situation they were trying to resolve because the over-21 people buying beer in the stadium are not the problem...the raging drunk students who are being disruptive are drunk when they arrive, and are sneaking in more drinks because they are under-age and could not buy beer inside anyway...and it is hypocritical to allow beer sales in the luxury suite, if there is going to be a ban it should be applied equally in all areas of the stadium.

Agreed. I think the ban on beer sales did very little to help the situation they were trying to resolve because the over-21 people buying beer in the stadium are not the problem...the raging drunk students who are being disruptive are drunk when they arrive, and are sneaking in more drinks because they are under-age and could not buy beer inside anyway...and it is hypocritical to allow beer sales in the luxury suite, if there is going to be a ban it should be applied equally in all areas of the stadium.

why would anybody buy club seats or suites if booze was not allowed.

Exactly. That's why I think they should dry out the suites and club seats. Then we'd get a resolution (and beer back for everyone) shortly. There is absolutely no reason those in the suites and club seats should be able to have a beer while I cannot in the same stadium.

You hit the nail on the head!! :thumbsup: That's about as hypocritical as you can get.

Because when I'm sober it's too hard to tell the 80 year old Nebraska couple in my section to "Go **** Yourselves"

:lol:

Bottom line,if it's okay for the people in the suites then it's good enough for everyone else.You can't ban beer and then allow only certain members and club/suite people to drink.

The problem is,the idiot drunk students who have and would again do something stupid to bring more negative publicity to CU.

I agree with buffarino in that I should have the choice,not someone else making it for me.

I'm getting my buzz on no matter who does what:smile2:

If nothing else, this topic has brought some offseason traffic to the football board. Sweet!:thumbsup:

Bottom line,if it's okay for the people in the suites then it's good enough for everyone else.You can't ban beer and then allow only certain members and club/suite people to drink.

The problem is,the idiot drunk students who have and would again do something stupid to bring more negative publicity to CU.

I agree with buffarino in that I should have the choice,not someone else making it for me.

Be fair. We are idots. Not idiots.

And I am a well behaved drunk. On the day of the Oklahoma game I held back from fighting any Sooner fans and decided to fight a window instead. :thumbsup:

You fought a window 87? Is this Brandon Marshall of the broncos?

:wink2:

The Broncos should call 87. It sounds like the window didn't bust him up like it did Marshall.

The window was about 4 feet tall 1 foot wide, I shattered it completely, with only a few cuts on my hand. We were running late to the game so I went without getting a bandaid or anything so I was dripping blood off my fingertips while walking through security patdowns :wow:. That's dedication!!

The window was about 4 feet tall 1 foot wide, I shattered it completely, with only a few cuts on my hand. We were running late to the game so I went without getting a bandaid or anything so I was dripping blood off my fingertips while walking through security patdowns :wow:. That's dedication!!

You should've at least made sure it was tempered glass. :smile2:

I was in one of the sections that got cleared at the NE game. I don't remember anyone selling beer to me at that game.

I've got to disagree here. Students aren't going to buy enough $6 beers during a game to get stupid drunk. The problem was the 25 - 45 group that would buy 6-7 beers during the game and act like asses. The students always drank before the game and smuggled it in. Some bought beer but not enough to be the issue.

The problem is that the same group that was buying 6-7 beers per game are now getting hammered on hard alcohol before the game and during halftime. The prohibition hasn't changed anything but revenue.

I've got to disagree here. Students aren't going to buy enough $6 beers during a game to get stupid drunk. The problem was the 25 - 45 group that would buy 6-7 beers during the game and act like asses. The students always drank before the game and smuggled it in. Some bought beer but not enough to be the issue.

The problem is that the same group that was buying 6-7 beers per game are now getting hammered on hard alcohol before the game and during halftime. The prohibition hasn't changed anything but revenue.

Agree completely, superiorbuff. But when I was an undergrad (89-92) they had ROTC kids serving the beer at the concession stands, including freshmen. That was wierd(and illegal). And I think the concession stands (in the regular part of the stadium)are staffed by charities now, so some of the people behind the counters are teenagers. And come to think of it, the net revenue from those stands goes to the charities, so beer sales wouldn't help the school that much, unless they had seperate beer stands staffed by paid staff.

Agree completely, superiorbuff. But when I was an undergrad (89-92) they had ROTC kids serving the beer at the concession stands, including freshmen. That was wierd(and illegal). And I think the concession stands (in the regular part of the stadium)are staffed by charities now, so some of the people behind the counters are teenagers. And come to think of it, the net revenue from those stands goes to the charities, so beer sales wouldn't help the school that much, unless they had seperate beer stands staffed by paid staff.

How is that illegal?

you can serve at 18, just cant drink it. I do find it weird that's the case

I'm sure that if they brought beer sales back CU would make plenty of money off of the sales.

I had to run cokes at CU games and work some concession stands at Mile High for fundraisers and we only got a chunk of the cash that was coming through.

I'm sure that if they brought beer sales back CU would make plenty of money off of the sales.

I had to run cokes at CU games and work some concession stands at Mile High for fundraisers and we only got a chunk of the cash that was coming through.

If they were to sell beer at games, they would def. make more money. Let's say they sell coors products, coors is more likely to give more money to the program as well

you can serve at 18, just cant drink it. I do find it weird that's the case

My bad. It was still wierd. My roommate freshman year was ROTC and there were always a couple of freshmen who would sell beers to their buddies and lose their scholarships. Oops.

It is a weird rule. I dated a Hooters waitress in college and she was only 19. It was strange to have her checking IDs when she was underage.

Back