What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Beginning of the end for Helph

Oregon was in a tough spot when Kelly left. They had a system in place that won a lot of games. Bringing in a guy from outside would disrupt that system. In many ways, they were a victim of their own success. Helfrich was their only real option unless they wanted to take a huge risk by bringing in a guy from outside. And guess what? They still have that problem. If they bring in a guy from outside the program now, they will have to learn a whole new system. That would be very, very painful. Think Michigan under Rich Rod.

Oregon was in a tough spot when Kelly left. They had a system in place that won a lot of games. Bringing in a guy from outside would disrupt that system. In many ways, they were a victim of their own success. Helfrich was their only real option unless they wanted to take a huge risk by bringing in a guy from outside. And guess what? They still have that problem. If they bring in a guy from outside the program now, they will have to learn a whole new system. That would be very, very painful. Think Michigan under Rich Rod.

Perfectly reasoned and stated. It was the correct play, but I don't think HelpRich has the strength of personality to trump the young undisciplined personalities of a five star athlete culture. He's going to get run over.

Nope... The first question is what type of micro brew? The next question is could I even find it in Canada?
First, I don't know how good you are at finding things, so who knows? Second, you'll have to ask them. HotRack, and a couple of the other guys seem to take things pretty seriously. Maybe Tante, whoelse?

The only thing I would disagree is that with the talent they have on offense with Mariota and DAT they could have gotten a big name guy who would run a spread, I think it's likely that they'd see a lot of success, at least this year. Now I'm not sure who that person would have been.

Guarantee my home brew is better than most anything you will buy in a store. From Porter, stout, IPA, APA, sours, English Browns, Russian Imperial, Pumpkin, Christmas Ale, to name a few

Guarantee my home brew is better than most anything you will buy in a store. From Porter, stout, IPA, APA, sours, English Browns, Russian Imperial, Pumpkin, Christmas Ale, to name a few

I agree but sometimes you don't want to spend all that time, effort and money to make 5 gallons of something. Plus you really can't barrel age at home. I just think that I like to try new beers more than anything. I haven't brewed the same beer twice and I am over 20 batches.

I agree but sometimes you don't want to spend all that time, effort and money to make 5 gallons of something. Plus you really can't barrel age at home. I just think that I like to try new beers more than anything. I haven't brewed the same beer twice and I am over 20 batches.

Totally agree with you. I also spend plenty trying beers for pleasure as well as for ideas for new brews. Fun, but the question was whether the home brew by the Allbuffers was like pisswater and it definitely is not. Compares favorably to anything you buy.

Totally agree with you. I also spend plenty trying beers for pleasure as well as for ideas for new brews. Fun, but the question was whether the home brew by the Allbuffers was like pisswater and it definitely is not. Compares favorably to anything you buy.

I have made pisswater before. My sink loved it.

Well I would love to try it, but I suspect getting it to Edmonton, Alberta might be sort of hard. I guess I will settle for Deschutes Brewery.

Well I would love to try it, but I suspect getting it to Edmonton, Alberta might be sort of hard. I guess I will settle for Deschutes Brewery.

:thumbsup: I could get it there, I have shipped it from here to NY for a buddy but it was freaking expensive due to weight. I like Deschutes a lot.

Back to the original subject, I'm always interested in the mental game in sports. I read a few comments from Oregon's QB and he was saying how they never seemed to get into a rhythm and that their offense was all about rhythm. I looked back at Oregon's results for the past few years and they have so few close games. It's either a blowout win or a loss, mostly. Their guys get into the zone, playing loose and free and it just snowballs. Somehow, the Oregon coach needs to find a way to train for mental toughness so that the team can respond when things are not going exactly as planned. They have to be able to gut out ugly wins when every screen pass doesn't go for a 75 yard touchdown. They start freaking out, playing tight and making bad mistakes if they actually have to punt or if they're not up by three touchdowns by the end of the first quarter. The best teams have off days, but have that grit to find a way to win ugly. Oregon does not seem to have that yet. I think that's the next step for them if they want to go all the way. We'll see.

Back