What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Begrudging props to DPD & Argus

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Argus was still a pain in the ass, but they were a polite pain in the ass. DPD was not there in full riot gear, mounted on horseback, looking for trouble. In fact, they came through the parking lot several times and just kept going. Just making sure nobody was getting out of hand, I guess.

I have to say - and it hurts to say this, believe me - that I actually enjoyed the experience yesterday. Save for a couple minor inconveniences like the massive lines to get in the stadium, it was a pretty good day. To top it off, we went back to the car, hung out for about a half hour, and left. They weren't hassling anybody to leave right away. We saw a bunch of folks getting their entire set-up out and the DPD just let them be.

Impressed, and surprised. I really thought with this being a night game that it was going to look like WWIII out there.

I always prefer to play on campus.

That said, if they made a few adjustments then playing at Mile High could be decent:

1. Don't charge a premium for this game versus the home games.
2. Honor the seating people pay for in their season ticket packages with equivalent seats at Mile High.
3. Always play it in the evening (no more energy-sucking early kickoffs).

One thing you simply HAVE to do if you come to this game is to get to the parking lot early. We were there right at the stroke of noon and it still took an extra half hour just to snake our way through the line of cars and get to our spot. Once they started moving the cars, it went better, but they seemed to really take their own sweet time to get moving.

My seats at Invesco weren't anything close to what I get at Folsom. But that really doesn't bug me too much. I understand that with only one side of the stadium to work with, you're not able to map people into similar seats. My biggest gripe has always been with the stadium personnel and the DPD. None of those folks ever seemed to give a damn whether this game was played or not. I actually got the impression yesterday that they were happy to have us. I know, crazy, right?

Overall my experience was great yesterday even while venturing away from the tailgate. The police and security had a decent presence without being some intimidating force. For the most part fans of both side were cordial towards each, nothing too crazy. I haven't seen any police report type stats from yesterday, but outside of some drunks and idiots it seemed like the day went well fans of both.

One other thing - I'd hate to be one of the poor schmucks on the clean-up crew for Lot C. My God, that place really did look like a war zone. There was junk everywhere. Part of the problem was that there weren't any large trash dumpsters to throw your stuff in. So it just got left behind. What a mess.

I posted in the game day thread that those of you who boycotted blew it. It was a great atmosphere. And, yes Carolina, the 59,000 was pretty close.

Argus was still a pain in the ass, but they were a polite pain in the ass. DPD was not there in full riot gear, mounted on horseback, looking for trouble. In fact, they came through the parking lot several times and just kept going. Just making sure nobody was getting out of hand, I guess.

I have to say - and it hurts to say this, believe me - that I actually enjoyed the experience yesterday. Save for a couple minor inconveniences like the massive lines to get in the stadium, it was a pretty good day. To top it off, we went back to the car, hung out for about a half hour, and left. They weren't hassling anybody to leave right away. We saw a bunch of folks getting their entire set-up out and the DPD just let them be.

Impressed, and surprised. I really thought with this being a night game that it was going to look like WWIII out there.

It was great meeting you guys last night! and I agree, DPD did not harass the group on the lot after the game. They actually were better than the parking staff making a big deal about the tailgating tent placement.

I was looking for some feedback about security's impact on the game day experience.
It is a pleasant surprise to hear from a vocal critic that the events planners dialed back their mandate for the police to strictly enforce all state and local laws regarding the possession and consumption of alcohol.

No tales of tear gas, billy clubs, SWAT uniforms, nor allegations of excessive force.

The press has not succumbed to sensationalizing the number of fans that might have been ejected or arrested for drunken and disorderly behavior.

I suspect there was some volatile interactions between a limited number of passionate fan bases an probably a few embarrassingly over-intoxicated displays by some bad apples who needed a time-out.

But if the fans were, as a whole, treated with respect, then that is material progress.

Although i haven't seen anything concrete, I'm hopeful that Sacky's testimony is a signal that AD George may have been instrumental in emphasizing the importance of a positive fan experience to the overall success of the Rocky Mountain Showdown.

I posted in the game day thread that those of you who boycotted blew it. It was a great atmosphere. And, yes Carolina, the 59,000 was pretty close.

So long as you are pointing your fingers, then you might as well call out whoever decided that ticket holders must receive this security related and less than inviting mailing in the days before the game.

e7epu4y2.jpg

Would it kill them to put in verbiage that indicates a commitment to showing fans a first class football entertainment opportunity? It would be great if this card came with the names of five or six musical acts who will be performing in the parking lot. A few bouncy castles and football related carnival events for the kids would be a nice touch, like what Super Bowl cities do before the big game. How about a best BBQ competition?

When the pre game kickoff looks and feels more like the Taste of Colorado, then the organizers will be on to something.

It will be a great day for the RMS when there are as many fans watching the game on wide screen TVs in the parking lot as their are butts in seats in the stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bag policy is ridiculous, but I understand why they did it. It's the NFL's policy, and the stadium has to comply with the NFL policy for Bronco games. They can't have a separate policy for games that don't involve the NFL. It would be cumbersome to try something like that. I blame the NFL for that piece of trash, not the stadium folks or CU.

That said, if they made a few adjustments then playing at Mile High could be decent:

2. Honor the seating people pay for in their season ticket packages with equivalent seats at Mile High.

2 and especially 3 are great points. You can't play this game at 11 in the morning or noon.

From CU's point, they need to not make it part of the season ticket package when it's not our home game.

I'm glad the turnout was better than expected. I think most of us had expectations of a half-empty stadium.

One thing you simply HAVE to do if you come to this game is to get to the parking lot early. We were there right at the stroke of noon and it still took an extra half hour just to snake our way through the line of cars and get to our spot. Once they started moving the cars, it went better, but they seemed to really take their own sweet time to get moving.

My seats at Invesco weren't anything close to what I get at Folsom. But that really doesn't bug me too much. I understand that with only one side of the stadium to work with, you're not able to map people into similar seats. My biggest gripe has always been with the stadium personnel and the DPD. None of those folks ever seemed to give a damn whether this game was played or not. I actually got the impression yesterday that they were happy to have us. I know, crazy, right?

I'd like to see them interleave seating priorities from both schools to foster camaraderie amongst Colorado fan bases.

The bag policy is ridiculous, but I understand why they did it. It's the NFL's policy, and the stadium has to comply with the NFL policy for Bronco games. They can't have a separate policy for games that don't involve the NFL. It would be cumbersome to try something like that. I blame the NFL for that piece of trash, not the stadium folks or CU.

Taking 30 minutes to get in was an atrocity. Couldn't even get my umbrella in! It's really about holding the customer hostage in your facility, where you have to buy Broncos licensed clear bag and the other line of products. It's a cheap scam that should reflect poorly on the consumer.

Bring all games back to Boulder!

I had a good time. And a lotta Gin. I'm sure the two are related. Thanks again Sacky.

Had a fantastic time at my first game as an alum. Chatted with the cops while we were setting up, and when we got checked for ID's, the cops were friendly and professional and wanted to join us. We went early to catch pre-game so there were no lines at all. Got to chose our seats with no hassle and stayed until the band was done and weren't hassled to leave. Stadium was disappointing at kickoff. Easily missing 1/3 to 1/2 of the total attendees. Really came alive though in the second half. Would have been much better on campus, but was not nearly as bad as I was fearing.

While i get what you are saying, think about the numbers, we have give or take 22,000 season ticket holders in Folsom assume a portion of those are in the 200 sections, would it really be that hard to get a significant portion into the lower bowl at Mile high? Especially when CSU shows with half the numbers we do.

As a fan that pays for tickets in 118 and deals with all the associated mandatory donations for the game is is complete bull**** that my "seats" for the RMS are in the 500 deck of Mile high.

My suggestion would be to try and get all of the 100 section season ticket holders from folsom into the lower bowl at Mile High and offer a prorated club level upgrade (club is always half empty for this game) you could do something like club cost is $150 if you seats in folsom are $50 you pay 100 to upgrade, if they are $100 you pay 50 to upgrade. This would free up more room on the lower seats and allow them to accommodate more season ticket holders in seats that are closer to the field.

Another thing, why were there so many CSewe fans in my section at the top? I like the friendly trash talk when there are other fans in my section but when the stadium is that empty it is unnecessary.

agree! dpd wasn't looking for trouble and actually had smiles on their faces! the time it took to enter the stadium 30 mins b4 kickoff was redic !....they should hire those people to work at dia!....my seats in the 500 level were not close to my seats at the 40 yd line at folsom but they were ok... first row 20 yard line.... they did listen to me that I wanted to be no higher than row 1 between the 20's on my season ticket packet that I sent in

one more thing...Rick George must have sent a memo telling all the guys in the AD office to get out to the lots early and "meet the fans" tailgaiting as we had two of them out by us asking all sorts of questions and thanking us for the support etc!

Everything was decent until after the game. One DPD guy came up and said you have to pack up NOW. The worst thing you can do is give ultimatums to people. Really pissed off our group. Just tell people what policy is and that we need you to start packing up.

Hopefully they never implement a policy like this at Folsom.

Back