1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Belleville was a favorite stop for Russell

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Belleville was a favorite stop for Russell
    Was in military family growing up
    BY NORM SANDERS - News-Democrat

One of Matt Russell's favorite snowboarding companions is the general manager of the Atlanta Falcons.

"We've had some great, epic days on the mountains," said Thomas Dimitroff, Russell's best friend and a former New England Patriots scouting supervisor. "Some people have them on a golf course and Matt and I have been able to enjoy the Rocky Mountains."

Growing up in a military family, Russell was born in Tokyo, Japan, and also lived in Germany and England before coming to the metro-east. He spent three of those years in one of his favorite spots, attending Belleville East High School, before moving on as an All-American linebacker at Colorado and later the NFL's Detroit Lions.

More...

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Matt is the ****ing man. He's still, hands down, my favorite Buff. Super nice guy.

:smile2: I caught myself rambling. :lol:

3. Sexton Hardcastle

[​IMG]
    Scout's honor: Belleville East graduate has a nose for talent in the NFL

BY NORM SANDERS - News-Democrat

Finding the hidden gem in a sea of college football talent is a passion for Matt Russell.

The former Belleville East, University of Colorado and Detroit Lions linebacker no longer crunches running backs for a living, but he's still involved with football as a national scout for the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles.

Russell has a pair of Super Bowl rings from his three seasons in the New England Patriots scouting department, but he realizes his Super Bowl is always the NFL Draft each April.

More...

4. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

There are some wicked demon eyes going on in that pic.