What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ben Howland to Rutgers?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Just saw on the ESPN ticker than he's now on his 3rd conversation with Rutgers officials about taking the job.

Just saw on the ESPN ticker than he's now on his 3rd conversation with Rutgers officials about taking the job.

That'd be a good hire for Rutgers. I could see Howland building that program pretty quickly with the local talent available.

That would be a great hire, they should also consider Eddie Jordan. But I'm surprised Howland is seriously considering them, I would've thought he would've waited for a west coast job or more of a blue-blood type.

That would be a great hire, they should also consider Eddie Jordan. But I'm surprised Howland is seriously considering them, I would've thought he would've waited for a west coast job or more of a blue-blood type.

They're a sleeping giant with the talent in the surrounding areas

Howland could easily establish Rutgers into a program like he did at Pittsburgh. The talent they sit on is immense. The B1G move only boosts them even more. The RAC gets rocking, even when they suck. Rutgers is not a bad job.

Howland is not a west coaster.
Nor would a blue blood hire him after the UCLA mess.
Rutgers is a good fit both ways.

Howland is not a west coaster.
Nor would a blue blood hire him after the UCLA mess.
Rutgers is a good fit both ways.
Born in Oregon, grew up in California, played in Santa Barbara/Weber State. Assistant at Gonzaga&UCSB. Started head coaching at Northern Arizona. Pittsburgh has been his only stop east of the Rockies and he's spent the majority of time on the left coast.

I also wouldn't call UCLA a "mess," they just have some unrealistic expectations.

Back