1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bernardi and Lindgren

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Quattro, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Best two coaches on the staff.

The OL went from not being able to get push on CSU to getting great push against Utah's stellar DL. Nembot took a huge step this season, Munyer and Crabb were extremely solid all year, and Kelley improved every week. When we got injuries on the OL, the backups did not seem to miss a beat and filled in better than you could expect a backup to.

And what Lindgren did with the playcalling and offense as a whole given the youth and inexperience was incredible. We had our growing pains, but his offense had us in every game. Superstar in the making.

2. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Agreed.

Only complaint about Lindgren is sometimes we abandoned the run game and the RB by committee. And the wildcat yesterday. Eeek. He is one coach that I fear would leave for a different job.

3. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I'd like to see us run the ball more next season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

Bernardi has done a good job with the oline, IMO. I think we are building great depth here. It will be a battle next year for the two open Guard positions.

Lindgren is a star in the making

5. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

We aren't a finesse O.
    We aren't a power O.

We are a statistically efficient O that will win many games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

Troy Walters has also done a tremendous job with the receivers. Seems he is often overlooked.

Eggon likes this.
  7. FLounder

Great recruiter as well. And has a ridiculous amount of connections on all different levels of football. (High school, PAC-12, nfl, media). Need to make him third highest paid

8. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

last I checked, we weren't all that efficient an offense according to the advanced stats.

9. FLounder

Advanced stats my ass, we have bone structure!

10. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Hopefully we keep Lindgren

11. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Everyone loves Lindgren.

Who called some goofy ass plays against Utah (the reverse that got stuffed). He also calls an aggressive game (which is more prone to turnovers). He gets no blame (unlike Ninas or Baer) when busted plays happen.

Just sayin....

12. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

A screen pass is aggressive? Good one.

13. pcbuff

pcbuff Well-Known Member

I guess I disagree. His line at the start of the season was very bad and cost us the CSU game in my opinion. Nice recovery, but the CSU loss was a sin for which there is no do over for me. Daddy ball special teams and both line coaches don't get passing grades from me.

14. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

Sean Watson disagrees.

15. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Bernardi started the season with a new LT and C. Of course there were going to be growing pains.

16. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

Sometimes you have to throw wrinkles in your offense. I don't have a problem with it at all. That reverse has worked this year, so not sure that was a goofy play. It will be interesting to see what they do with the wildcat going forward. Might be a viable option a few plays a game. He seems to be growing with his position and like seeing him try new things.

17. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

This entire O staff is pretty good, but I think Lindgren and Walters are exceptional. Bernardi is good and a keeper, despite my previous desire to get rid of him - his unit has shown tremendous progress which they hadn't all last year or the beginning of this year.

I agree with the thoughts here about Lindgren leaving. If he wants more money, pay him! If he wants a better opportunity (HC, NFL), then we're screwed.

18. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Keep and Keep fingercrossed. Both of these coaches did an admirable job. Baer needs to make a couple of changes on defense, but his hands were tied a bit with youth and injuries. Not real impressed with Jeffcoat, but youth and injuries hurt him some also (I thought he would recruit better though). Walters is the man, need to keep big time. Adams and laRussa like. Neinas, I know is not cared for much around here, but most teams play starters on special teams and once again you see what he has to work with. Give him one more year.

19. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Lindgren is the least of our problems. I think the oline made strides this year too, we could actually run the ball at times. It's not where it needs to be but it's a hell of a lot better than where it used to be. I think both did a pretty good job, Lindgren is just gonna get better.

20. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Are people seriously worried about Lindgren leaving this year? Nobody is poaching from a 2-10 staff. We are safe unless he wants out.