What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best College Football Gam Ever

Even at the time, I said that Oregon should have been playing Miami. I'm not as hard on GB as a lot of folks are (but nonetheless felt he had to go) BUT I felt he whined a lot about playing in the Fiesta Bowl. Don't lose two games and it turns out you control a lot more of your destiny. Furthermore, it seems that coaches that express disatisfaction with their bowl selection inevitably lose the game.

Before the bowl games were played, I thought Oregon should have been playing Miami too. I do think our performance in the Fiesta had a lot to do with Barnett's whining about it. I don't think he had our team ready. Now, YES I KNOW Miami would have handed it to us like they did Nebraska. The huskers just didn't deserve to be there after not even going to the CCG let alone winning the confrence.

It cant be just one.

Id go with
CU v Michigan
Ohio State v Miami mNC
Cu v NU 62-26
Cu v Texas Big xii Title game
OU v Boise State
Texas v USC, Rose bowl
LSU v OU, 2003 mNC

Before the bowl games were played, I thought Oregon should have been playing Miami too. I do think our performance in the Fiesta had a lot to do with Barnett's whining about it. I don't think he had our team ready. Now, YES I KNOW Miami would have handed it to us like they did Nebraska. The huskers just didn't deserve to be there after not even going to the CCG let alone winning the confrence.

I don't agree. I think he whined so much that the team focused on not being in the big game and feeling slighted that we pounded NU yet they got to the big game. I think that was the focus, not Oregon. And while Oregon should of played in the NC, I think that while we probably would of lost, if we were there and focoused on Miami, we would have done much better than NU. I mean, we pound NU, NU gets pounded, I think we would have given Miami a much better game. The Buffs were totally not focused on Oregon that day. My opinion, but as valid as any!:smile2:

So, why do maybe only one of you have CU vs Michigan?

Can't speak for everyone, but a lot of us were probably pretty young to remember the game (I was 12). Not everyone here probably grew up a CFB or CU fan either. I loved the NFL growing up, but New Mexico is not the mecca of CFB.

My list:
OSU vs Miami, mNC
UT vs USC, mNC
Boise vs OU
CU vs OU (best game so far as a Buff fan)

Can't speak for everyone, but a lot of us were probably pretty young to remember the game (I was 12). Not everyone here probably grew up a CFB or CU fan either. I loved the NFL growing up, but New Mexico is not the mecca of CFB.

My list:
OSU vs Miami, mNC
UT vs USC, mNC
Boise vs OU

Yep, really wish I could have been a buff fun my entire life.

My list:
OSU vs Miami, mNC
UT vs USC, mNC
Boise vs OU

I was 7 years old (barely) for that game and I held a strong memory of it ever since and it was confirmed how good my memory was a couple years ago when I finally saw it again.

CU vs. ND no question if your a Buff fan

Too young to remember this one...3 1/2...but rest assured I did watch it!!

Too young to remember this one...3 1/2...but rest assured I did watch it!![/QUOTE]

I remember it well. I listened on Armed Forces Radio eating my first breakfast in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Same deployment that supplied my Avatar. Got the tape a couple of weeks later. :thumbsup:

Back