What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best Football Program in the State?

Boise doesn't have the basis to hire a top coach, not the money, legacy, or fan base. Are they the better program?

Also, trolls use false program references on said program's fan sites, so why is ramu still here? Oh well, add another to the ignore list, I guess.

Today they are better programs IMO.

Charlie Strong may build the Texas program back up, but until he does he hasn't and theyre not a great program right now. They are no better than the 4th best program in Texas at the moment.

I guess it just comes down to our individual definitions on program. What you're talking about to me is a team. the team consists of the coaching staff and players. Program to me includes the team (by my own definition of coaches and players) the stadium, the university, and the AD's endowment.

If we use that definition, which I'll concede I've made up, I believe tennessee, miami, and texas all have the better programs.

With the thread title and what DBT says about rankings...Personally I am looking from high school all the way to div1 college. My vote still goes with CSU- Pueblo. They started football 7 years ago, built a stadium in a field, worked their way up the playoff ladder over the years, culminating in a Div2 national championship. Valor Christian would be my second (even though they cheat). Now if we are looking at the big picture over years and years CU wins hands down.

Good lord

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I guess it just comes down to our individual definitions on program. What you're talking about to me is a team. the team consists of the coaching staff and players. Program to me includes the team (by my own definition of coaches and players) the stadium, the university, and the AD's endowment.

If we use that definition, which I'll concede I've made up, I believe tennessee, miami, and texas all have the better programs.

I'm not looking at a single team, but I am looking at the current state of the program as it stands today. A lot of that is predicated on how the team is performing, but I'd argue that the team's performance, especially if it had been relatively consistant over some time, is a result of the relative strength of a program. Today the TCU program is in a better place than Texas. That has not always been the case and it may not be in the future, but it is now.

Why would the best program in the state have to do with level or who would beat whom?

I'll admit I don't know enough about CSU-P's program other than that they just won an NC after being dormant forever and just re-restarting recently, so I won't comment on that one.

But I think anyone who says CU has a better program than CSU right now based on history and the fact that we're in a P5 conference just doesn't want to admit the situation is what it is.

Why would the best program in the state have to do with level or who would beat whom?

I'll admit I don't know enough about CSU-P's program other than that they just won an NC after being dormant forever and just re-restarting recently, so I won't comment on that one.

But I think anyone who says CU has a better program than CSU right now based on history and the fact that we're in a P5 conference just doesn't want to admit the situation is what it is.
No, it's because they look at more than just the record.

I had to make a profile just to comment on this.

CSU is having all-time high athletic success paired with arguably CU's all-time low competitiveness these last couple years and CU STILL had more than double the attendance. That itself should say it all.

I don't go to either school, but from my assessment CSU is probably the third most prominent football program in the state behind Air Force and CU respectively. Air Force brings a national following and respectable fan base with consistent winning seasons dispute the recruiting disadvantage.

Hell DU is more on CU's level when it comes to overall athletic dept strength than CSU.

They are peaking in football and basketball with their volleyball, which is great for them. Having them competitive is good for the rivalry. Ask anyone not from CO and there is no question. Is Marshall the flagship program in West Virginia?

I had to make a profile just to comment on this.

CSU is having all-time high athletic success paired with arguably CU's all-time low competitiveness these last couple years and CU STILL had more than double the attendance. That itself should say it all.

I don't go to either school, but from my assessment CSU is probably the third most prominent football program in the state behind Air Force and CU respectively. Air Force brings a national following and respectable fan base with consistent winning seasons dispute the recruiting disadvantage.

Hell DU is more on CU's level when it comes to overall athletic dept strength than CSU.

They are peaking in football and basketball with their volleyball, which is great for them. Having them competitive is good for the rivalry. Ask anyone not from CO and there is no question. Is Marshall the flagship program in West Virginia?

Good first post. And I think your Marshall point is spot on, they like CSU had an "all-time" year going undefeated much of the season and being ranked for most of it. Even had WVU had a down year and gone say 2-10 nobody outside of the Marshall fan base would think of Marshall as the noteworthy program in the state. CSU is in the same situation here.

Until we actually start winning in football, does it really matter?

No. It's great we have better history, but the bottom line is that, currently, both Air Force and CSU are doing much better in the football department than CU. We need to start winning. Next year better be drastically different. I'm sick of resetting my expectations to new lows every year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back